• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Cauldron Recipes too easy

s3nse

Legacy Supporter 4
The recent addition in cauldron recipes have made getting certain items WAY TOO easy to obtain. Before, items such as mushrooms, lapiz, pumpkins, and lightstone were difficult to obtain and rare. People prided themselves on having these rare and expensive items; it was satisfying to own them.

Also, this new change in recipes is extremely unfair to the players that obtained expensive and rare items WITHOUT cauldrons. They spent assloads of time looking for such items. It took me hours and hours of exploring in the nether and in the main world to find a stack of both mushrooms and the 30ish pumpkins that I have. Now, i can get double that amount in less than an hour.

That being said, I'm not suggesting to remove the recipes completely, but simply make them harder, a LOT harder, so that these items can still retain a sense of value. Mushrooms should require blocks like soulsand, lightstone, and brickblocks in order to create.

s3nse

Legacy Supporter 4
If you read my post, first of all grass blocks and ice blocks are not the blocks that I have issues with. Second of all, I'm not suggesting to remove the cauldron recipes entirely, just making them harder (this doesn't even apply to grass and ice blocks)

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
I prefer the new cauldron recipies personally, it'll mean that people can put the effort into mining obsidian and get rewarded, or more easily purchase the Mats they are looking for. Either way it's a positive.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
we're adjusting the difficulty of cauldrons - to be honest, I didnt visually prune them this time before adding - they now give VASTLY less resources each time.

I'm up for suggestions in changing some of them (mushrooms etc) to be more rare - let me know if you have any ideas.

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't think mushrooms are a big deal, seeing as how they are only used to make consumables.

Lapis, lightstone, pumpkins, and red flowers are the truly rare blocks. They should be difficult, but not impossible, to acquire. Keep the cauldron output as low as possible, for sure.

Also, having lightstone as a cauldron recipe gives people another reason not to go to hell, and hell is already widely unpopular.

Is it possible to add recipes for birch and pine logs? Birch logs are pretty hard to come by, and I've never seen a pine log in Herocraft.

s3nse

Legacy Supporter 4
Capn_Danger said:
I don't think mushrooms are a big deal, seeing as how they are only used to make consumables.

Lapis, lightstone, pumpkins, and red flowers are the truly rare blocks. They should be difficult, but not impossible, to acquire. Keep the cauldron output as low as possible, for sure.

Also, having lightstone as a cauldron recipe gives people another reason not to go to hell, and hell is already widely unpopular.

Is it possible to add recipes for birch and pine logs? Birch logs are pretty hard to come by, and I've never seen a pine log in Herocraft.

Mushrooms are currently used to make pumpkins..but yes I get what you're saying change the recipe of pumpkins to make them more rare and keep mushrooms common.

Personally I don't think red flowers should be so rare because it's nice to have variation in gardens and red wool, but that's just me.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Adding pine would be bad, because as you said you've never seen one. There weren't many to begin with, and then they were all used up.

As for hell being un popular, I love hell but my computer will melt if I go there again. Soon as I get a new one im gonna go live in hell for a while and see if I can't start a town like deal there.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're removing the hell blocks from cauldrons until we can re-add them with much more rarity
(Maybe soulsand will need to be used to craft all others - so in order to easily obtain lightstone - you'll need to craft it from soulsand.)

For now, they've been disabled to preserve the economy