• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Castle Invasion Event?

PoisonEdge

Legacy Supporter 3
The idea I have comes from an old game I used to play, called Ragnarok Online. It stems from the PvP event known as War of Emperium.

Idea in its simplest form:

- We have a Castle which is designed to be multi-layered with some kind of Maze/Choke points within it.
-At the top of said castle, there is a room with a special object located at the back of the room. ( This room should also have some defensive capabilities )
-One "clan" or "town" will own said castle in between each siege day.
-On siege day, other "clans" / "towns" fight for control of the castle for the upcoming few days before next siege.
-There can be spots within the castle where the owners can spend souls or some other form of currency to mount defensive weapons within each floor to help defend.
-Generally, when a clan or town breaks the object in the last room, all other players in the castle are teleported out of the castle, to allow the new owners to set up a defense.

Advatages:

-Castle gives certain advantages to owning it for that period of time.
-A castle specific dungeon, located under said castle.
-Special Castle only dungeon boss, and treasure chests inside that are restocked after each siege?
-Soul Generation

Does any of this sound like something fun to try on this server? Or is that just me? Has it already been tried?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
The idea I have comes from an old game I used to play, called Ragnarok Online. It stems from the PvP event known as War of Emperium.

Idea in its simplest form:

- We have a Castle which is designed to be multi-layered with some kind of Maze/Choke points within it.
-At the top of said castle, there is a room with a special object located at the back of the room. ( This room should also have some defensive capabilities )
-One "clan" or "town" will own said castle in between each siege day.
-On siege day, other "clans" / "towns" fight for control of the castle for the upcoming few days before next siege.
-There can be spots within the castle where the owners can spend souls or some other form of currency to mount defensive weapons within each floor to help defend.
-Generally, when a clan or town breaks the object in the last room, all other players in the castle are teleported out of the castle, to allow the new owners to set up a defense.

Advatages:

-Castle gives certain advantages to owning it for that period of time.
-A castle specific dungeon, located under said castle.
-Special Castle only dungeon boss, and treasure chests inside that are restocked after each siege?
-Soul Generation

Does any of this sound like something fun to try on this server? Or is that just me? Has it already been tried?

This sounds like a blast.

@Azzezima new project for us to work on? ;)

Azzezima

Legacy Supporter 5
To much coding work.
And i think it's not smart to put loads of time in an event.
Still a good suggestion though.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
To much coding work.
And i think it's not smart to put loads of time in an event.
Still a good suggestion though.
Just make it a siege battle where the side the holds the castle at the end wins a prize and it takes zero coding

PoisonEdge

Legacy Supporter 3
It may take a bit of coding, but it is something fun that can be done every week, or every few days, for a while.. I don't expect it to be done in a day, but I think it is something that would be fun to have in the future? Even if it needed to be simplified a little bit?

PoisonEdge

Legacy Supporter 3
LoL.. I started building a replica of IronForge on a server I used to play on. I think the Great Forge area alone was close to 150x150. Still need to finish that too.