• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Casters weapon- Hoe.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Currently after asking people why they carry hoe's I've discovered that the only real reason to carry a hoe for another bind, many casters bind their default skill (Fireball/Drain soul) to their hoe. However you could just use a stick or another bind able piece of equipment for it. I personally carry a hoe because it makes me feel more like a caster rather than just some guy who shoots fireballs. Also something I've seen people complain about it casters being able to go around bare and still have a high chance at killing someone, also it comes into fact of them running out of a GY and finishing someone as well. The final problem is that casters currently don't need to carry much loot on them, so forcing them to have a hoe would nearly always mean you would get a diamond hoe, also with the possibility of diamonds becoming consumable for a source of mana it will make casters worth more to kill, look at the comparison at the moment, Beguiler vs Dragoon- The beguiler will be carrying some slime balls and rotten flesh as that's all he needs. The dragoon will be carrying diamond leggings, iron chest, chain helm + boots and a diamond spade which is worth a lot more than what a beguiler is carrying.

To give a use to a hoe, restrict casters effectiveness barehanded and to make them worth more to kill. I personally believe that it would be a good idea to make casters deal 50% spell damage if they don't have a hoe on their hotbar.
Idea-
No hoe = 50% less spell damage
Wood hoe = 40% less spell damage
Stone hoe = 30% less spell damage
Iron Hoe = 20% less spell damage
Diamond hoe = 100% spell damage
Gold hoe = 100% spell damage + extra melee damage

What is the communities ideas on this?

Thanks
-Judge

Currently after asking people why they carry hoe's I've discovered that the only real reason to carry a hoe for another bind, many casters bind their default skill (Fireball/Drain soul) to their hoe. However you could just use a stick or another bind able piece of equipment for it. I personally carry a hoe because it makes me feel more like a caster rather than just some guy who shoots fireballs. Also something I've seen people complain about it casters being able to go around bare and still have a high chance at killing someone, also it comes into fact of them running out of a GY and finishing someone as well. The final problem is that casters currently don't need to carry much loot on them, so forcing them to have a hoe would nearly always mean you would get a diamond hoe, also with the possibility of diamonds becoming consumable for a source of mana it will make casters worth more to kill, look at the comparison at the moment, Beguiler vs Dragoon- The beguiler will be carrying some slime balls and rotten flesh as that's all he needs. The dragoon will be carrying diamond leggings, iron chest, chain helm + boots and a diamond spade which is worth a lot more than what a beguiler is carrying.

To give a use to a hoe, restrict casters effectiveness barehanded and to make them worth more to kill. I personally believe that it would be a good idea to make casters deal 50% spell damage if they don't have a hoe on their hotbar.
Idea-
Diamond hoe = 10% less spell damage
Gold hoe = 100% spell damage

Thanks
-Judge

I like this suggestion i think this will help the casters are the most op class in herocraft discussion

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I say we get rid of hoes or atleast add another weapon .add books take a look at my previous thread. I hate accidentally hoeing the ground breaking my hoe -_-

M

Multis_Revenge12

I say we get rid of hoes or atleast add another weapon .add books take a look at my previous thread. I hate accidentally hoeing the ground breaking my hoe -_-
This isn't a new weapon thread...He is trying to get all casters nerfed unless using a gold hoe, the most expensive.

Or if damage was increased by hoe usage. Right now, with the macro mod I always can keep my hoe in hand, but it would be sweet if I got a small damage buff from weilding a better quality hoe. In effect it would be the same as you mentioned earlier, just this way lowering base dmg, then boosting it with a hoe to current levels.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Or if damage was increased by hoe usage. Right now, with the macro mod I always can keep my hoe in hand, but it would be sweet if I got a small damage buff from weilding a better quality hoe. In effect it would be the same as you mentioned earlier, just this way lowering base dmg, then boosting it with a hoe to current levels.
Making it so the damage got increased even more from what it is currently when wielding a Hoe wouldnt remove the fact that you can beat people up with Fists, but would make it so for a example Wizard with a Gold Hoe would be horribly powerful. So pretty much the only way to make the Casters use their Wands would be to make it so the worse wand you have, the lower damage from normal you have.

M

Multis_Revenge12

Not to mention the other specs of casters. None of the casters need a buff in my opinion.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I don't like this as it makes lower level casters need to carry expensive hoes when all it would do is feed it to higher level pvpers. Maybe some sort of level adjustment would help such as below lvl 20 a Stone hoe is 100%. Below 30 an Iron Hoe is 100%. Below 40 a diamond hoe and above 40 you need a gold hoe. Then at least you won't see low level casters being slaughtered for the chance they are dumb enough to carry an expensive hoe while out killing mobs.

killjoyking7

ICE ICE ICE!
I don't like this idea because I don't feel like making hoes when I can just use a dirt block as my primary weapon. I use a dirt block as a weapon 80% of the time. I just dig up one dirt block get some rotten flesh, string and some spider eyes and I'm ready to go kill shit.

killjoyking7

ICE ICE ICE!

Idea-
Diamond hoe = 10% less spell damage
Gold hoe = 100% spell damage

Thanks
-Judge
bonerific picture btw

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I don't like this idea because I don't feel like making hoes when I can just use a dirt block as my primary weapon. I use a dirt block as a weapon 80% of the time. I just dig up one dirt block get some rotten flesh, string and some spider eyes and I'm ready to go kill shit.
People using things like dirt blocks as primary weapons is exactly the point. Melee classes like Warriors and Rogues (and their specs) are forced to use a weapon (sword/axe/bow/shovel) AND in most cases armor, while Casters can either use keybinds and go around with Fists, or pick up random garbage to bind on.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I personally don't like this, it requires people to use keybinds or else their spells would do no damage.
Not true, you could still use item binds as I specified "Hotbar" not in hand but idk if that's possible. So aslong as you had the hoe on your hotbar it would be fine to use the other slots (and the hoe itself :) )

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't like this as it makes lower level casters need to carry expensive hoes when all it would do is feed it to higher level pvpers. Maybe some sort of level adjustment would help such as below lvl 20 a Stone hoe is 100%. Below 30 an Iron Hoe is 100%. Below 40 a diamond hoe and above 40 you need a gold hoe. Then at least you won't see low level casters being slaughtered for the chance they are dumb enough to carry an expensive hoe while out killing mobs.
Yea I agree that casters should be different to specs, maybe iron hoe = 100%.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Exactly how I would put it v (down arrow >.<)
People using things like dirt blocks as primary weapons is exactly the point. Melee classes like Warriors and Rogues (and their specs) are forced to use a weapon (sword/axe/bow/shovel) AND in most cases armor, while Casters can either use keybinds and go around with Fists, or pick up random garbage to bind on.