• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Caster Skill,(Geomancer?) Self Destruct

Skill Name: Self Destruct
Skill Effect: On cast it causes a visible indication(fire?) 2 seconds later the player is left with minimal health and a creeper blast occurs originating from the casters location.
Skill Cooldown: Two minutes
Reagent:Gunpowder/TNT
Mana use: 60-100?

I think this skill would be a good skill because it can be powerful when used in the right circumstances but when it is used in the wrong circumstances the effects do (a lot)more harm than good.

I really like this idea! i think it would be a lot of fun to play around with, but people could abuse it by using the fire armor and that and be able to negate its dmg while everyone else is burning alive

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
I like the idea, but I don't think casters should really get it merely for the reason, it's a front line spell, and casters are not in the front line. So I doubt this would get much use.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
This should be a crafter skill, since they like don't have any chance of defending themselves they ^could like... Rigg themself with explosives ^^

Let's say that they would have to use it(heat it up) for 10 sec, and then re-use it within 15 sec for it to work?

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
I think this is hilarious skill. Electrode uses Self-Destruct! And about the flame shield thing, that could actually be part of using the skill. Not that I've ever seen a creeper inflict fire damage though.

Think about it, to first use the skill safely you have to buff yourself first. This would require timing and preparation and to have both cooldowns ready. I think it would be neat to have a compound skill this. Maybe something like this could be considered for MegaBolt/MultiBolt with the Wizard first using mana shield or risk taking backlash damage.

Actually Domitius I like what your saying. The flamshield does block creeper damage. But yea I think you could be allowed to use it. I'm going caster atm to go geo after and I am very excited. But yea I could see this as a very risky combo to use! Either you make it work perfectly and people are hurting and you are safe and low and or empty on mana or completely screw it up and leave yourself vulnerable. Love the risk.

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
They block creeper damage? o-o I've never toyed with Flameshield except from what I hear from smith's and geos. Tis pretty fly though!

Does any geomancer actualy use icebolt? it seems like a useless skill. Couldn't the damage go way up or add a root effect to it?

In reply to the thing about flame shield, maybe there should be a longer more obvious warning if the spell is used with flame shield, say 10-15 seconds with and 1-3 without, also I can see a caster using this a lot for the knockback.

Yea i think it would be an awesome combo! i hope admins look at this, woudl take some balancing but i really dont think it would be hard to code seeing as how its already in the game, just on mobs.

I really also think that geomancers really should be more oriented around the elements. I'm pretty sure the discription that was made about says something to the effect that they are supposed to use "the forces of nature". Like Water Fire earth wind.

So a couple of earth abilities.

Dirt wall I heard about this earlier and I wasn't sure how it was doing right now. but basically if you were out in the wilderness, you would be able to dpawn a dirt wall or cobblestone wall or something like that in front of you. 5x5x1. I could slow people down and be able to give you time to run or something like that. (I know it kinda sucks but I don't have really other ideas for a defensive earth ability, unless its something like stoneskin but that isn't working yet. )

an earth ability for damage would be an ability called like rock throw. It would be something like the projectiles of snowballs. I could confuse the target for a second or 2. Not much but I think it would be a fun ability to play around with.

For wind i think something that could be added would be something that would be traveling helper ability. Like a gust of wind could shoot you in the air and u get a slow fall. I'm not sure how far or high it would be but I think it would be fun to get all the elements in.