• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Camera Men

G

globjako2

Omg what? Camera men? FOR HEROCRAFT? Absurd!

Maybe not! Herocraft's Heralds, although they get that rainbow title and make a video once a month, don't really do or get anything.
I suggest a Camera Person gamemode. I know of servers that have this kind of gamemode and who put it to use all of the time. It's time for the Heralds of Herocraft to start doing their jobs!

A common complaint that I encounter is: "Oh I don't make videos because there's nothing to record on Herocraft, and I lag while I PvP."

Well with the Camera Person gamemode, you can record content, follow fights, and stay lag-free!!!
PvP goes on all the time on Herocraft, but the best fights are rarely ever recorded.

How's this going to work???
Simply. Type in /camerman and you go into a gamemode that's a mix between adventuremode and creative. The creative part is that you can fly. You turn invisible, and can teleport to anyone who's PvPing!

That's crazy talk Glob! You can't expect this to work! It'll be abused!!!
I guess that's up to the admins to control and enforce, or restrict the gamemode to people who are very trusted.

Even if it works, who will make this happen? Who will code it?
There are minigame servers that use this kind of plugin before a game. You're allowed to fly around but you're technically in adventure mode and can't break blocks. It shouldn't be too hard to find or make. I myself, could only find the creative fly plugin, so using that and switching the player to adventure mode and vanishing them would work.

Do you expect anyone to take your suggestion seriously and even go through with it?

Not really. I haven't seen much effort go into the Herald community, and I'm not going to bring my hopes up now.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
There'd be big trust issues here if normal players could use it.
If it was for solely heralds then it certainly seems interesting - give them the ability to find PvP *to* record.

G

globjako2

There'd be big trust issues here if normal players could use it.
If it was for solely heralds then it certainly seems interesting - give them the ability to find PvP *to* record.
It's only for Heralds and trusted staff.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
What about Heralds who pvp it completely eliminates them allowed to PvP because it will give a group with a herald a huge advantage so the herald can spy on another group.

G

globjako2

What about Heralds who pvp it completely eliminates them allowed to PvP because it will give a group with a herald a huge advantage so the herald can spy on another group.
The server that I got this idea from does this just fine. The camera people who are picked are trustworthy.
If the excepted Heralds aren't trustworthy enough to do this, then why were they picked?

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Your run-on sentence confused me. Can you give it another go?
Heralds who pvp will use it negatively and spy on other groups who are either running or in a spot where they don't want to be caught or even just picking off solo raiders.

llamasx3

Legacy Supporter 6
Heralds who pvp will use it negatively and spy on other groups who are either running or in a spot where they don't want to be caught or even just picking off solo raiders.
Then they will be demoted. It not like the camera man will be invisible.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Honestly, we're not interested in granting these abilities to heralds.
For tournaments - sure, cause they will be on a different server instance where there isnt live game play.

Unrestricted power such as this will never be seen by anyone except admins (on RPG)
We aren't a mini-game server, and when we do have mini-games this ability will be granted.

G

globjako2

Honestly, we're not interested in granting these abilities to heralds.
For tournaments - sure, cause they will be on a different server instance where there isnt live game play.

Unrestricted power such as this will never be seen by anyone except admins (on RPG)
We aren't a mini-game server, and when we do have mini-games this ability will be granted.
No, the server that I got the idea from is a factions pvp server. They have special cameramen who also pvp when they aren't making videos. This server is not a minigame server, I was just trying to give you an idea about the plugin by comparing it to a minigame server.

For any trust issues, the player does not have to be invisible to record. But I understand that you can't just trust random players.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
It's hard to record PvP because:

A) If you spectate, you are visible and get killed.
B) If you PvP yourself, the framerate drop ruins your video and gets you killed.

If you want more footage of PvP, look for online heralds /ch who heralds and give them cords to a fight and make sure that they dont get killed (Tell both sides that they are neutral, just there to record)

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
I've been off trying to balance out school and work, and exams are coming up in a week so I haven't even had an hour to use my exp boost lol. I would usually be posting videos for the YouTube, but I've been so busy lately, I really haven't had time for herocraft. I will try to get on every weekend to record something to upload. This is why I think we should have pre-scheduled events, so that players have fun, we record and upload and more players come onto herocraft and stuff.

But yeah, basically YouTube for the past few months hasn't really been touched except by myself and dielan, and I've been inactive for a while, and dielan has the whole herald team to deal with.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I've been off trying to balance out school and work, and exams are coming up in a week so I haven't even had an hour to use my exp boost lol. I would usually be posting videos for the YouTube, but I've been so busy lately, I really haven't had time for herocraft. I will try to get on every weekend to record something to upload. This is why I think we should have pre-scheduled events, so that players have fun, we record and upload and more players come onto herocraft and stuff.

But yeah, basically YouTube for the past few months hasn't really been touched except by myself and dielan, and I've been inactive for a while, and dielan has the whole herald team to deal with.
I've been busy with my mid-term tests the last month that's why I have been pretty inactive recently.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I can already fly around during the PVP tournaments held on the other server (not-live).

We simply need more events.

We also need more people like HoldMyPie to apply to the herald team. He does alot of hard work and most of the time he's all on his own.