• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bring Back Item Death Messages

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
So, the time that this was removed, I was inactive. I came back and noticed that none of the death messages had item names in them. I asked why and was told that several people abused engravings and got it removed for everyone.

I think that these should be reintroduced. I think they add some more flavour into Herocraft death messages, and it always gave people a laugh seeing some creative item names. I believe that they could be easily reintegrated with more 'official' rules. Before there were unwritten guidelines as to the things you could do with engravings. Bringing these back would mean that there would have to be rules made specifically regarding these, and anyone who doesn't abide by these rules would be punished.

Please leave your feedback.

Y

ytiggidmas

So, the time that this was removed, I was inactive. I came back and noticed that none of the death messages had item names in them. I asked why and was told that several people abused engravings and got it removed for everyone.

I think that these should be reintroduced. I think they add some more flavour into Herocraft death messages, and it always gave people a laugh seeing some creative item names. I believe that they could be easily reintegrated with more 'official' rules. Before there were unwritten guidelines as to the things you could do with engravings. Bringing these back would mean that there would have to be rules made specifically regarding these, and anyone who doesn't abide by these rules would be punished.

All it takes is some rules, and enforcement. I don't see the big problem with it, and why it hasn't been re-added already.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
yes these were fun, even though i didnt pvp much at that time (still dont really i guess), i always got a few laughs out of many of these.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
At some point, I was planning to name my bow "Infinite Bow of Arrow Shooting +3" or soemthing along the lines. Would be fun seeing people dying from that.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
It was removed due to globby behavior but yeah just crack down on items more or add language filters to engraving weapons somehow.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Should just follow the same guidelines as chat rules. It's that simple.
That rule was already in last time. Too many people were childish with their weapon names.

This was removed because it got too out of hand last time. I do not foresee this being re-added.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
That rule was already in last time. Too many people were childish with their weapon names.

This was removed because it got too out of hand last time. I do not foresee this being re-added.

Simple procedure for when someone uses a weapon that breaks a rule /kill the player. Only takes a second to type. Player loses his gear and if they don't get the clue, /ban for a week ;)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

They were removed because we have other plans for the name of tiems. User generated ones don't mesh wellw with our design intent.

The actual messages will return once we have custom item stuff hammered out.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Well then can Smith get a useful skill then since engraving just lost its value?
All classes will be getting additional uses once the custom crafting is out. You'll need most of the classes to acquire the necessary materials then a smith would forge the armour & weapons.