• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bow Durability

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Hello,

So I have gone back to ranger and the durability on bows if quiet frankly a joke. 350 so shots. Bows die so quickly and I went through two great bows in one fight and lost enchantments on both. This is not a whine because I lost two great bows but I really do think Bow Durability need to be increases to 500+.

Thanks Jrr

@JupiterRome

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Hello,

So I have gone back to ranger and the durability on bows if quiet frankly a joke. 350 so shots. Bows die so quickly and I went through two great bows in one fight and lost enchantments on both. This is not a whine because I lost two great bows but I really do think Bow Durability need to be increases to 500+.

Thanks Jrr

@JupiterRome
YEEEP I AGREEE

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Please don't complain about weapon durability to a Berserker. :p Don't forget that bows are also extremely cheap to make. Also, if you ran through 700+ shots (unbreaking) in one fight, you're doing something wrong.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Hello,

Thanks Jrr

@JupiterRome
Jsing. Idk if it is anything Kainzo can fix. That really isn't a priority right now also lol.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Please don't complain about weapon durability to a Berserker. :p Don't forget that bows are also extremely cheap to make. Also, if you ran through 700+ shots (unbreaking) in one fight, you're doing something wrong.
You make it sound so much worse then it is.....

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
You make it sound so much worse then it is.....
Oh, I do? Please explain, you're being horrendously vague right now. Are you saying that 3 sticks and 3 string is somehow expensive or that it's normal to shoot your bow 700 times in one fight?

Last edited:

Moralsk

Gold

I feel your pain, brother berserker.

Dreadknight and Berserker both are expensive of as hell to play.

Bows are extremely cheap to produce, I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I disliked your post (sry) because he made a suggestion, he did not speak to you or to beserkers specifically, and lately it seems that you, Babomba, have been wearing tinted lenses when it comes to any and all comments on weapons and associated topics.

Ideally at least all custom item drops will have an equal base durability, and possibly down to diamond-tier pvp, but no one has been able to implement that as of yet.
I think we can assume that Kainzo has heard that the community wants fair durability by this point, and if/when it gets implemented be sure to remind them that bows need to be fair too.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
bows are pretty cheap... and atm they do the most damage out of all weapons. in my opinion, all tools should be of similiar durability, with all wood=low stone=mid-low iron=medium diamond=high gold=lowest. bows should sit around iron due to cheap production and high damage.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
I disliked your post (sry) because he made a suggestion, he did not speak to you or to beserkers specifically, and lately it seems that you, Babomba, have been wearing tinted lenses when it comes to any and all comments on weapons and associated topics.

Ideally at least all custom item drops will have an equal base durability, and possibly down to diamond-tier pvp, but no one has been able to implement that as of yet.
I think we can assume that Kainzo has heard that the community wants fair durability by this point, and if/when it gets implemented be sure to remind them that bows need to be fair too.
I don't really see bow durability as an urgent issue at this point, seeing as how they are among the cheapest weapons you can possibly use.

Anyways, thank you for at least giving a legitimate reason why you disagree with me. I'm sure you've spent much more time as a Ranger than I have, so naturally you would know more than me.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I don't really see bow durability as an urgent issue at this point, seeing as how they are among the cheapest weapons you can possibly use.
Yeah, I would even say that diamond tier weapon durability isnt a huge issue, compared to the issues of gold tier and the fact that all Enchants are lost quicker for axes and shovels.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Of course bows are cheap. Its just a crystal katana has like 1000+ hits on it? tell me if I am wrong. And a Great bow has 350 lol.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Oh, I do? Please explain, you're being horrendously vague right now. Are you saying that 3 sticks and 3 string is somehow expensive or that it's normal to shoot your bow 700 times in one fight?
Sorry I was vague and reading my post no I might have been interoperated as being a jerk, I'm just saying rangers do use axes as melee and last map I masterd ranger and I didn't have a problem, I also got dk to like lvl 30ish and same with pyro and never had a problem with axes, tbh Im fine with all weapons getting buffed, shovels,bows, and axes!

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Its normal to shoot 700+ times when we kill AD and they keep graveyard running

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Of course bows are cheap. Its just a crystal katana has like 1000+ hits on it? tell me if I am wrong. And a Great bow has 350 lol.
I'd like a special system for rare weapons that makes them not lose enchants or break, while having high repair reagents. This would make it better for everyone. :)

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
I'd like a special system for rare weapons that makes them not lose enchants or break, while having high repair reagents. This would make it better for everyone. :)
hopefully, that'll happen with the advanced crafting stuff that provides attributes buffs :D

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Stop flaming please. I'm simply going to ignore your attempts to start a fight.

yeah thats all, If I didn't have a great bow I would bring 3-4 bows with me. Its just the special rare items.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Okay that replied to the wrong one ^^^