• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion bound item

OysterbOy

Coal
just an idea but how about a plugin that would allow you to bind an item to you so when you die you still keep it?
and it will cost X amount of coins/items to do
and you can only have 1 item bound at a time
and it cost X amount to un bind it from you?
and if its stackable you can only keep 1(you have 64 wood on you and wood is bound to you and you die and when you respawn you only have 1 wood block on you not 64)

does anyone else like this idea?

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Could be a good idea, but I like the idea of high risk-high reward pvp.

If you take a fire aspect sword into combat, you do more damage, can kill more, but if you lose it you lose more then just a sword. Or engraved items, you take it to see the name come up, but you're also risking the loss of the item.

If you do this, allow them to bind the weapon, the risks will be much lower, the rewards lower as well.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
just an idea but how about a plugin that would allow you to bind an item to you so when you die you still keep it?
and it will cost X amount of coins/items to do
and you can only have 1 item bound at a time
and it cost X amount to un bind it from you?
and if its stackable you can only keep 1(you have 64 wood on you and wood is bound to you and you die and when you respawn you only have 1 wood block on you not 64)

does anyone else like this idea?

It sounds good on the surface but many great games with risk reward pvp have crashed down in popularity after this type of change.

It's not good for the people pvping because they are not getting everything they "should" get for their kill
It's not good for new players as they will not be able to afford it.
IMO It's not good for the person getting killed because it numbs down the risk/fear factor thus bringing the level of intensity down.

Just my opinions

OysterbOy

Coal
i agree with you a lot thats why i said 1 item but the reason i was thinking this is because like when you are being raided if you die you become kind of useless unless you are some type of caster or you can get back to your deathchest and for the price i was think like 5k and up so not many people can afford it

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
when you are being raided if you die you become kind of useless unless you are some type of caster or you can get back to your deathchest

Get an LWC near or at the boarder of the graveyard, fill it with weapons. When raided, die, grab a weeapon on your wea out, die again.
Besides, when you're being raided, it'll make it just as easy for the people you killed while defending your town to rush back and attack you again.

OysterbOy

Coal
Get an LWC near or at the boarder of the graveyard, fill it with weapons. When raided, die, grab a weeapon on your wea out, die again.
Besides, when you're being raided, it'll make it just as easy for the people you killed while defending your town to rush back and attack you again.
WOW, that idea is perfect im going to do that when i get the money