• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Book of Tutorials - who wants to help write one?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm looking for someone who can help write a minecraft-book (obviously here on the forms in the correct format that we can copy+paste in)

It needs to cover the major points and the general starting tips for new players without having them go to a new website/etc.

Maybe its best if we just simply everything in hc.to/commands and link that in the book/game as well.

Looking at improving new user experience so if you had issues/troubles adjusting to Herocraft, let us know how we can improve.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
I could help with that.

what kind of a book? like, something people can print off for easy reference? or...?? in-game books?

Let me know :)

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I would love to help as well, let me know what I can do!

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
would it be given to people upon starting, or would it be like a rulebook with a command such as /helpbook or something?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I could help with that.

what kind of a book? like, something people can print off for easy reference? or...?? in-game books?

Let me know :)
Its probably best to make it like the hero-book, a cmd like /help would print it off.
Where would we write it and submit? I think I could help with a simple book... :)
I'll see if we can get a format for the book - and the limitations of how many lines per page, etc.
would it be given to people upon starting, or would it be like a rulebook with a command such as /helpbook or something?
It would be given onJoin and if they die - I actually know of a very lightweight plugin that can do this, but we'll need to format it correctly.
Also wouldn't it just be transferring the "Getting Started" from the wiki into books
More or less.