• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bloodmage's Tranfuse

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I have been pleasantly surprised by this class. It truly is a fun class to play and also a rollercoaster in skirmishes. There are times where I can be left at 1 heart and somehow climb my way back to beating my opponent with plenty of hearts to spare. There are other times, however, where I am left with 1 heart and my opponent's persistence prevents me from healing and I'm as dead as a doorknob. I feel confident against most classes (although all Ninjas destroy me, perhaps rightfully so), and I suppose that's all I can ever ask for.

Now let's talk about something that all bloodmages should agree on; their abundance of mana. I haven't religiously looked at the amount of mana I have left at the end of a fight, but I am seldom below 60%. This fact, of course, makes Transfuse 100% useless. The simple solution would be to make all of their skills require much more mana. That's all fine and dandy, I suppose, but then you would need to look at the skill Transfuse; 100HP cost for 10 mana. That is, of course, an outrage.

It all depends what direction you want to see Bloodmage's going. Do you want to see them run out of mana mid-fight, like Disciples and Wizards typically do? If your answer is yes, then Transfuse should have a 100% mana replenish, at the cost of 100HP or so. This would finally give Tranfuse a purpose, because at it's current state NOBODY is using it. Of course, this could also cause a few problems as well. I know that with Chant I need to be above 100HP to cast it in order to heal myself 350HP (+250HP, essentially). There has been many times where I am left with half a heart in a skirmish, and a considerable amount of time and space to heal myself, but I can't do it because I am below 100HP. My only option is to sneak in a quick Drainsoul, and then find that time and space to Chant myself once again. As you can imagine, this situation could arise with Transmute as well. I am left with half a heart, and 5% mana... time to /kill, really lol.

Perhaps if bloodmage DOES go in this direction, the only saving grace from making it a painfully hard class to play with is to make the slow effect better in Constrict. At it's current state, it's fairly hard to even tell that your opponent is constricted. It is nowhere near as effective as many other classes' slow spells.

On the other end of the spectrum, if you're not looking to increase a bloodmage's mana cost, then please just trash Tranfuse altogether and replace it with anything, or chuck it all together. No bloodmages will miss it.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Blood Transfusion: Deals 100 damage to the bloodmage. When cast on an ally (or self) the target of Blood Tranfusion deals 25 additional damage per skill for 3 seconds. (or per hit for 3 hits?)