• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bloodmage root

Wild_Porygon

Legacy Supporter 5
Bloodmage is kinda casterish healerish, I think giving Bloodmages a root would help to balance them, for example "Deathgrip" roots the target in place for 4 seconds and dots do 25% more damage and they don't break the root. Maybe it could have a 2sexond warmup with a 12 block range

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Ive seen two threads about new BM stuff. I think we can agree its been on average, one of the least played parts of herocraft for some time. Before we can suggest new skills, like roots, we should know if BM is going to be a healer or a dmg class, and what combo of those two roles that would be.
For instance, necro I have heard described as "Tanky dps", with skills to avoid dmg. Is this a similar class? What direction are the staff/coders wanting? If similar to necro, I like the root idea. With the increased DOT dmg ^above^, it could be as useful as two skills for another class.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Ultimately, the bloodmage is suppose to be a med-damage group healer.

When they dot a target - it should put a regen on their group until that dot is removed.
When they nuke a target, it should give a slight group heal.
Most to all spells will cost their own life - but they can effectively heal themselves and others through damage.
Their damage source is "Dark" or "Blood"