• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

BlockyOverlord, 2/4/11, Apherdite

blockyo

Air
IGN:BlockyOverlord
Banned by?:Apherdite(sp?)
Time of ban:4-FEB-2011
Reason for ban:greifing
Your story:I was out in the woods north of Silverwyn and at some point Apherdite /msg'd me and asked me 'do you know that you can be banned for griefing?' I did not see the series of messages untill several moments later and more messages had been sent. I was in the middle of sorting thru my inventory and wasnt paying attention to the chat window unfortunately, when i responded , i replied "sorry". I was intending to send another reply with 'i was busy and didnt notice your msg' and while i was typing that, i only too late saw that what i had just typed couild have been taken the wrong way. I have no idea what griefing she was referring to, i had been working on my projects and planting trees in the forest untill i was banned.
-------------------------------------

my response: well the entire time ive played on the herocraft server, ive never intentionally or mindlessly griefed another player or structure. My teenage years are far behind me and the joy of simple destruction no longer holds the same thrill it did when i had 'teen' after my age. Im 30 years old, i have a difficult job IRL and all i wanted from the servers was to come home and have a cool minecraft community to enjoy the game with... I found that with the HeroCraft community going all the way back to the alpha server and up untill the day i was banned.

The only actions that could be considered in my opinion 'unscrupulous' that i undertook is harvesting abandoned structures in the wilds for resources. That said, i dont harvest marked structures or something obviously occupied (things in chests, furnaces etc.) and only take what i need in somewhat of an orderly manner. I also recognize that the line between griefing and harvesting can be exceptionally blurry to a busy Admin or Mod and its easier to bring the hammer down and then ask questions later.

In my understanding of the rules all these actions are not explicitly prohibited, unless done 'mindlessly'. If the actions that ive taken constitute a breach of the rules, then so be it. Your decision from here on out will be final to me and if you choose to uphold the ban, then Herocraft has been a great community and i had a great time on your servers.

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
There is no line between harvesting and griefing. They are one in the same, you destroyed someone's work because you decided they wouldnt mind it. How do you know that they had no plan of coming back?