• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Blink

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Enderpearls were taken out of the game because they could be used to go through walls. This really hurt Wizards who like to raid. This isn't a buff to them because they are supposed to have it. lets make blink go through 1x1 holes. I am not sure but I think last map blink could go through 1x1 holes. Some players are wanting a fix for enderpearls and this would be fine.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah, this is a good solution to having no enderpearls. In Zeal I think this worked, but it was illegal I believe (?).

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Blink already lets you go through 1x1 holes. You just have to have the right positioning for it, which is kind of a hassle.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Blink already lets you go through 1x1 holes. You just have to have the right positioning for it, which is kind of a hassle.

Not really. There a few very specific setups that let you get through 1x1 holes. But for the most part it will say, you have no location to blink to, or you will end up hitting the wall.

EDIT: If you guys know how to do this, I'd be happy to hear you explain how to do it.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah but it is illegal.

I remember Kainzo saying it was impossible to track the movement if Enderpearls
Removing it entirely is for the best - there's just hearsay stupidity and virtually no tracking of enderpearl throws.

I think a skill could be tracked so it could be prevented from going through walls. For raids I miss being able to go through 1x1 holes. This would fix it all.

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
Enderpearls make it so people 1x1 hole stupidity is non punishable, I highly agree that they should be added back. I have raided dozens of towns that leave 1x1's that are non punishable from their stupidity that should be.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Yeah but it is illegal.

I remember Kainzo saying it was impossible to track the movement if Enderpearls

I think a skill could be tracked so it could be prevented from going through walls. For raids I miss being able to go through 1x1 holes. This would fix it all.
It's actually not illegal. It hasn't been illegal since the enderpearling thing was legal.

I was basically told straight up by the staff "If you can do it with hero skills, it's legal". I've also seen it to be confirmed legal in another thread somewhere on the forums.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
It's actually not illegal. It hasn't been illegal since the enderpearling thing was legal.

I was basically told straight up by the staff "If you can do it with hero skills, it's legal". I've also seen it to be confirmed legal in another thread somewhere on the forums.

Hmmm...... That doesn't seem quite right. I think that whoever told you that meant, "If you can do it with hero skills, then it is legal, within its intended purpose." However, I do believe that wizards should be able to, and allowed to blink through 1x1 holes.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
From the RULES section of the Wiki:

"
Use of any functions of any Hero skills is allowed.
  • If any unwanted effects of a skill is observed, the skill will be removed or recoded. Otherwise, it is legal.
  • Any and all un-intended effects of skills a player finds must be reported in Exploit Reporting
"

This suggests that if you can do it with a skill, it's legal. But you are also obligated to submit an exploit report. However - until it's fixed or disabled, you can keep using it.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Somehow I missed this from the RULES section - it is right above the lines I quoted:
"
The following actions are permitted:

Use Enderpearls and Blink to travel through small holes
"
That's pretty explicit.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Oh I heard many staff say it was illegal. That's weird. But anyways it's really hard to blink through holes. The wiki may be outdated. The purpose of this suggestion is to make it so it always works. I tested it and it can take over half a stack of redstone to go through a 1x1 hole.

To confirm, Is it legal to blink through a 1x1 hole? Kainzo

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter

It's specifically mentioned on the rules btw =p

Danielcan

Legacy Supporter 4
How about adding skill called levitate. Allows the friendly party or target to levitate, floating a few feet above the ground. While levitating, the target will fall at a reduced speed and travel over water. Any damage will cancel the effect. Last 1-2 minutes.

PS: This will help them on raids and its balanced skill i guess.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
How about adding skill called levitate. Allows the friendly party or target to levitate, floating a few feet above the ground. While levitating, the target will fall at a reduced speed and travel over water. Any damage will cancel the effect. Last 1-2 minutes.

PS: This will help them on raids and its balanced skill i guess.
While I think this is awesome gameplay / lorewise - I know outright that Nocheat wont allow for floating... Maybe we could use a magic-carpet style plugin or effect...

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
While I think this is awesome gameplay / lorewise - I know outright that Nocheat wont allow for floating... Maybe we could use a magic-carpet style plugin or effect...
Like some kind of water walking that temp freezes the water under you in an area?