• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Blink buff

macura

Diamond
I was on another thread that suggested the removal of blink and i saw thunderjolt suggest a buff for blink because it was a skill that was being "buried". I agree with thunder so i propose a buff for blink that would make it teleport you 10-15 blocks (whatever the mods think best) because bth the nerf of blink to 7 blocks has made it become much less useful especially because when you come out of blink you are no longer sprinting. Getting sprint to work again really only makes you gain 2-4 blocks on your opponent if you are being chased depending on the terrain.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Don't think I didn't see you double-post a whole thread. ;)

But yes, I agree that Blink could use some love. I'll reiterate my ideas once more, because this is "the Blink thread".

1. Make Blink transport the user to the center of a block instead of the corner.
This would make Blink easier to aim and prevent accidental choking damage. I thought it would also decrease the exploit potential associated with the skill, but Danda says it would make it worse. Nobody will tell me what this exploit actually is and far be it from me to go and search it out, so I'm not currently able to account for it.

2. Increase distance to at least 10 blocks.
Addressing the potency aspect of Blink. It's been nerfed from 15 all the way down to 7 (not to mention the increase of reagents AND cooldown) I haven't seen any reason for the changes. Put it back up to 10-12, please and thanks.

3. Change reagent to 1 Gunpowder or 4 Redstone Dust.
5 redstone seems to ignore Minecraft's base-8 leanings in favor of what people may call a nice round number. This leaves people who bring redstone in stacks with leftovers and therefore useless, occupied inventory slots. Changing the reagent to gunpowder would make Wizards have to consider their supply more, as that would also be the key to using their Bolt spells. If we simply cannot have Blink use the same item as the Bolts then it could at least change to 4 redstone so that we don't have useless leftovers from stacks.

4. Allow passage through 1x1 gaps.
Lore/Immersion- The skill itself is a short teleportation-based "hop" and nothing about that would keep people from poofing through a small hole.
Townships- Towns are not intended to be impenetrable and if we're allowed to bust through with explosives, why not let there be a couple of stealthier ways in?
Classes- Allowing this would differentiate the functionality of Blink from Jump/Backflip, and Wizards from Dragoons and Ninja. It would make everything a little more unique than it is now.

macura

Diamond
Ya sorry idk wtf is going on with my phone and i tried to delete it but it keeps giving me error messages.