• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Black Market

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
BM is now PvP off with some 'ease-of-travel' upgrades. Is there anything else you want to see in it? It has a lot of open space we can use.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Black Market should be a market place i think
U can rent markets out and let them set shops up
Of course the price would be a higher then the outsude spawn market
But that is the cost for not being killed while buying things, right?
And also setup a series of signs that will port players to port locations, with like 20c or 30c.
So if they cant find a wiz available to port u can just buy
Third Make a large dungeon in the BM and pvp enable it there so it is worth coming to BM and take risks to earn high reward
Lastly, U may set up some DHX with some basic armor(chain), Stone Tools, redstone and gold there. So new players may go and buy it if they lost their tomb stones or camped.

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8
Of course the price would be a higher then the outsude spawn market
But that is the cost for not being killed while buying things, right?
And also setup a series of signs that will port players to port locations, with like 20c or 30c.
So if they cant find a wiz available to port u can just buy
Third Make a large dungeon in the BM and pvp enable it there so it is worth coming to BM and take risks to earn high reward
Lastly, U may set up some DHX with some basic armor(chain), Stone Tools, redstone and gold there. So new players may go and buy it if they lost their tomb stones or camped.

Making ports for 20-30c would make the wizard class useless.

Making a DHX with basic armor would make smith useless.

What does a dungeon have to do with the BM?

Not trying to be harsh I am just a very upfront kind of person.

I do agree that there should be pre determined store or plot to rent out so shops don't end up looking like crap like they do in bastion.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
I dunno wats the price for port so I just made it up, it could be 50c.
Smith sell full chain for10c, make it 10c for every piece of chain armor.
I am just randomly suggesting things, and BM can be renamed.[DOUBLEPOST=1364549577,1364549092][/DOUBLEPOST]Don't be soooooo bounded to the name, it is just a name.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
If black market is gonna work out, it needs to be like TD in Dragon. Easy access, on the surface, a nice town area where you can buy plots for chestshops. I personally feel that no one wants to use BM because it's below the surface, and it's generally a place no one wants to visit.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
?Maybe sell gold at the BM for 1c or.5 c more there to try and bring in some people

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
I'm going to add: please look at what the BM has before you add a suggestion. It already has pre-defined structures you can rent that fit the theme of an underground market. Wool-marked 'roads' leaving from the portal room aid in navigation.

Due to time constraints when creating the current spawn, the Black Market ended up as it is, however there will be a reason that many more players will be passing through it in the near future ;)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
It has been like that since the start of the map
The first dungeon is already being built in there.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Don't hide it so people can find it and have the market more active.
It already has pre-defined structures you can rent that fit the theme of an underground market. Wool-marked 'roads' leaving from the portal room aid in navigation.
It has a portal from the Nexus in addition to the 'hidden' entrances...

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I still get lost every time I go in or out of that place.

Oh yay, my 1,000th post