• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Berserker Ultimate skill (or just normal skill)

Isaaclite

TNT
Wrath

Description: Enraged, you release a huge impact of energy from within, in the form of an explosion

Effect: User causes an explosion that deals heavy damage and knockback to nearby enemies (the user is the center of the explosion). The lower the health, the greater the damage and knockback

Stamina: 300

Reagents: tnt? or gunpowder?

Recoil: User takes more damage for 5 seconds

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
An interesting idea!

While this skill seems to have aspects of Beserker (damage increase based on low health, Damage-taken increase after using a burst skill) it also has aspects that are not helpful or usual for a Beserker kit (knockback can be less than ideal depending on which part of your combo you are in, and Beserkers do not "explode").

This needs more from both the Lore and the Playstyle elements of the skill.
Lore: Explain the Beserker Explosion more in-depth. Do not worry too much if you can't, someone can.
Playstyle: It is rare that Beserker would want to knockback an enemy far, unless the enemy was incapable of kiting. Even so, this skill has the feel of a 'Warm-up and Burst' class rather than a 'Tanky Melee Dps'. Please justify this skill's placement within the skill set.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't know if it's final, but Kainzo has said that he wants bladegrasp as berserker's "Ultimate."

Isaaclite

TNT
An interesting idea!

While this skill seems to have aspects of Beserker (damage increase based on low health, Damage-taken increase after using a burst skill) it also has aspects that are not helpful or usual for a Beserker kit (knockback can be less than ideal depending on which part of your combo you are in, and Beserkers do not "explode").

This needs more from both the Lore and the Playstyle elements of the skill.
Lore: Explain the Beserker Explosion more in-depth. Do not worry too much if you can't, someone can.
Playstyle: It is rare that Beserker would want to knockback an enemy far, unless the enemy was incapable of kiting. Even so, this skill has the feel of a 'Warm-up and Burst' class rather than a 'Tanky Melee Dps'. Please justify this skill's placement within the skill set.

First of all, I was thinking that wrath be a skill without any warm up/casting time. It would just be an explosion that a berserker can use while running. So about the "explosion", I really have no better way to explain it, let's just say, that berskers can release an explosion out of anger... I guess? I'm probably thinking about like how characters in any fiction/fantasy anime, such as dragon ball z can release bursts of energy that blow back enemies... I honestly dont know XD
About the playstyle, to be honest, I was not thinking about this, and didn't consider the negatives about the knockback effect. However, now that I think about it, I'm thinking that it might be kind of useful in group fights. For example, since berserkers are tanks, they would most likely be in the front lines and go in first. I was thinking that wrath (suggested skill) could kind of have a scatter effect, in which enemies would be left split from their teammates, and the team that the berserker is on could single out important targets. I feel like wrath may work well with the skill, toss as well. For example, lets say a berserker got in close range with an enemy caster or something. The berserker would be able to use toss on the caster, to prevent him/her from escaping, then wrath afterwards to blow back and deal damage to any allies of the caster that try to come help.

I have no idea as to how team fights work in herocraft, so what I just said may not really work at all

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
LORE: First of all, I was thinking that wrath be a skill without any warm up/casting time. It would just be an explosion that a berserker can use while running. So about the "explosion", I really have no better way to explain it, let's just say, that berskers can release an explosion out of anger... I guess? I'm probably thinking about like how characters in any fiction/fantasy anime, such as dragon ball z can release bursts of energy that blow back enemies... I honestly dont know XD
PLAYSTYLE: since berserkers are tanks, they would most likely be in the front lines and go in first. I was thinking that wrath (suggested skill) could kind of have a scatter effect, in which enemies would be left split from their teammates
I edited your post by adding LORE and PLAYSTYLE and shortening the playstyle section.

LORE: If the lore behind it is based on Anger and Dragon Ball Z, it definitely needs some sort of build-up before it is cast. Perhaps after a certain number of melee hits lands instead of a warm-up.
PLAYSTYLE: You convinced me that its worth a discussion, thanks. Lets see what some well-known Berserkers think. @BaBomba @monkeyfatzer check out the skill idea please. Malik also is viewing the thread, they're all Berseker players.

Last edited:

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
Don't like it, berserker already has 2 skills that make you take more damage. Berserker is fine where it is, I don't know if this skill is supposed to replace something but if it is then it shouldn't replace anything. As a new skill, I don't like it because like I said, 2 skills already make you take more damage and 3 would be insane.

lordprettyflack0

Legacy Supporter 6
Don't like it, berserker already has 2 skills that make you take more damage. Berserker is fine where it is, I don't know if this skill is supposed to replace something but if it is then it shouldn't replace anything. As a new skill, I don't like it because like I said, 2 skills already make you take more damage and 3 would be insane.
what do you care... you dont even play anymore...

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Reasons to why I dislike the skill:
  • Lore:
    • The concept of a berserker creating an "explosion" is a little far-fetched. They don't use magic at all and using "chi" is not something they do
  • Mechanics:
    • This just could be me, but I don't think there is ever a situation where a berserker wants to knock his opponents away. A berserker wants to be always after his opponent. So not only would this allow his opponents to kite better, they would also be dealing extra damage to you.

And now to plug my own idea :p
  • Intimidating Roar
    • You unleash a bone chilling roar that demoralizes your opponents. All enemies in the radius deal X% less physical damage and are slowed.
OR
  • Feral Howl
    • You utter a wild call that releases your animal instincts. All enemies effected are marked as prey. You and your party deal X% extra damage and receive bonus stamina regeneration.

Last edited: