• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Beguiler Skill

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
Well I think that fauxbomb should be replaced with this. Plague bomb that does no damage, but a random status effect (wither,slow,nausea,poison, etc) and a 15% chance of it putting 2 status effects on the player. Since the beguiler is a trickster I feel as this would make sense.

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Well I think that fauxbomb should be replaced with this. Plague bomb that does no damage, but a random status effect (wither,slow,nausea,poison, etc) and a 15% chance of it putting 2 status effects on the player. Since the beguiler is a trickster I feel as this would make sense.
The logic behind Fauxbomb (I invented/suggested it, and Kainzo liked it but added a mana cost, and everyone since has disliked it):
  • Beguiler is Tricky.
  • Beguiler's main Damage is a Nuke that looks like a Sheep.
  • Fauxbomb looks like the Nuke Sheep but is actually just Tricky.
Here is why I fucked up/Fauxbomb is no longer used:
  • The Nuke Sheep rarely gives enemies time to consider whether taking Nuke Sheep damage is worth it.
  • Since Players are used to Plaguebomb being used in a way so that it will almost immediately explode, they faceroll over Fauxbomb's NukeSheep without getting scared by it.
  • Fauxbomb costs mana.
On-Topic:
RNG CC on Beguiler is a good idea, but should be separate from Fauxbomb/Plaguebomb. We do not want a class that throws tons of sheep, we want a Control-Support Mage. Make this skill activate either a standard way (mouse-over or projectile) or by a unique way (ie: not a sheep).

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
The logic behind Fauxbomb (I invented/suggested it, and Kainzo liked it but added a mana cost, and everyone since has disliked it):
  • Beguiler is Tricky.
  • Beguiler's main Damage is a Nuke that looks like a Sheep.
  • Fauxbomb looks like the Nuke Sheep but is actually just Tricky.
Here is why I fucked up/Fauxbomb is no longer used:
  • The Nuke Sheep rarely gives enemies time to consider whether taking Nuke Sheep damage is worth it.
  • Since Players are used to Plaguebomb being used in a way so that it will almost immediately explode, they faceroll over Fauxbomb's NukeSheep without getting scared by it.
  • Fauxbomb costs mana.
On-Topic:
RNG CC on Beguiler is a good idea, but should be separate from Fauxbomb/Plaguebomb. We do not want a class that throws tons of sheep, we want a Control-Support Mage. Make this skill activate either a standard way (mouse-over or projectile) or by a unique way (ie: not a sheep).
It does not have to be a sheep projectile :D

Ultanian

Portal
IMO the best way to change plaguebomb to be more tricky is for the sheep to explode on timer only, not damage. That way, an enemy facing a beguiler has to actually think more while fighting:
-Determine if it's FauxBomb
-Kill the sheep before detonation
-Avoid the sheep, but gives a chance for beguiler to kite

Also, as part of a last minute thought, a beguiler could use quantum leap to get the enemy actually close enough to the bomb, so there's some more strategy involved :)

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
IMO the best way to change plaguebomb to be more tricky is for the sheep to explode on timer only, not damage. That way, an enemy facing a beguiler has to actually think more while fighting:
-Determine if it's FauxBomb
-Kill the sheep before detonation
-Avoid the sheep, but gives a chance for beguiler to kite

Also, as part of a last minute thought, a beguiler could use quantum leap to get the enemy actually close enough to the bomb, so there's some more strategy involved :)
It would need to have the detonation timer lowered because this would be easy to dodge.