• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bat Fury

EDIT: I love it when people post on threads and comment about something that they haven't used nor do they have a town-mate who has used it on them. Please stop posting or commenting on this thread since Kainzo has said its going to be changed. I'm going to stop because its tiring to have people who think they understand the ability talk about it.

Hmm... Ability added to Mystic's yesterday, does no damage 20 second cooldown and does nothing. Upon spawning bats on someone they fly around them and don't affect the person at all. If the target is running forward the bats don't even keep up. I have tested this on 3-4 town-mates, all of them agree its a worthless skill. I really liked the idea of batfury but its so worthless. What I suggest is to make it so that it slows your enemy or does damage. Just a small DoT, maybe 100 damage over 5 seconds 20 damage a second. Or a slow sort of like iceball, not as heavy as root. Putting something like that on it would make it useful. Though I will repeat again, I don't want it as a sheild as it also inhibits the person you shield from attacking sometimes(Not being able to attack because bats tank it is VERY rare seeing as they lag behind when you run, it happens maybe once every 10 batfurys). Anyways, thread open to suggestions. If anyone suggests something better I'll update the thread with that. I know there are less than 5 Mystics on the server but I'd like to see it played more. Hmm.

EDIT: Completely removed the part about a shield because of people below.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
EDIT: OK

Wait no, it sounded cool (in first part of your post) as a shield - placing npcs on your ally or yourself like green shells from mario cart, blocking incoming attacks and being used up as they do.

Cast it on yourself when being attacked by range, on your ally in a melee fight, I think absorbing 3 hits of a ninja sword because the ally positioned with the bats could be a good shield. Or 3 arrows/fireballs.

Wait no, it sounded cool (in first part of your post) as a shield - placing npcs on your ally or yourself like green shells from mario cart, blocking incoming attacks and being used up as they do.

Cast it on yourself when being attacked by range, on your ally in a melee fight, I think absorbing 3 hits of a ninja sword because the ally positioned with the bats could be a good shield. Or 3 arrows/fireballs.

It sounds like it would work, but it would also impair you because it can possibly make it to where you can't use spells, this is rare to happen but if it does it could really fuck you over. I don't care about how 'cool' it sounds. Try it. You'll understand then.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The skill is still under-change. We're going to make a bit more effective. GiantBeardedFace is taking over the skill and I'll get him to add in some damage over time and see where we can go from there.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
It sounds like it would work, but it would also impair you because it can possibly make it to where you can't use spells, this is rare to happen but if it does it could really fuck you over.

If they had 1 hp they would block 1 attack each and be easily removed by the ally or caster if needed. But idk, maybe Batfury is a dps skill with bats, and BatShield could be a necro/Mystic shield. Edit: NOT saying mystics should get a DPS skill.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree on the shield aspect.
I was the first Mystic on the server and I was also first to spec out of it yet I am planning on going back once I finish off Bloodmage.

As Mystic is a healer class not a DPS, I imagined that it's use would be a shield used to block attacks on allies while replenish heals them. That way a single Replenish will mostly heal them and prevent most damage to help them survive.

I would personally suggest that if you are going to give any secondary effects to Batfury to give it a 20% snare. This will do several things. Also make it self targettable with a /bind batfury <name>

It will prevent players from outrunning the bats which should keep the Bats on top of them.
It will give it a more useful function then just blocking shots when used to fight another player.
It will give an additional downside to using it on a friendly to prevent damage while healing.
It will allow the Mystic to summon the bats on himself so he can cast his heals or resurrect while shielded by the bats.

If the spell could be cast on yourself and/or had a light snare then it would be a awesome and diverse skill that would make me switch to Mystic just to devise ways to use it.

I agree on the shield aspect.
I was the first Mystic on the server and I was also first to spec out of it yet I am planning on going back once I finish off Bloodmage.

As Mystic is a healer class not a DPS, I imagined that it's use would be a shield used to block attacks on allies while replenish heals them. That way a single Replenish will mostly heal them and prevent most damage to help them survive.

I would personally suggest that if you are going to give any secondary effects to Batfury to give it a 20% snare. This will do several things. Also make it self targettable with a /bind batfury <name>

It will prevent players from outrunning the bats which should keep the Bats on top of them.
It will give it a more useful function then just blocking shots when used to fight another player.
It will give an additional downside to using it on a friendly to prevent damage while healing.
It will allow the Mystic to summon the bats on himself so he can cast his heals or resurrect while shielded by the bats.

If the spell could be cast on yourself and/or had a light snare then it would be a awesome and diverse skill that would make me switch to Mystic just to devise ways to use it.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no. Clearly you didn't read my post. That would be a DEBUFF on an ally, the bats only get in the way of you/your ally.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no. Clearly you didn't read my post. That would be a DEBUFF on an ally, the bats only get in the way of you/your ally.

YOU clearly didnt read mine. BatShield bats could absorb one hit/spell each and have 1 health, easily being dispatched by the ally if they want to.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
We were talking about BatShield having 3 bats, does Bat Fury currently summon ten bats?
And no, you have to punch bats (or run out of your protective bat cloud) only if you want to attack. You can heal yourself and allys while using this skill.

We were talking about BatShield having 3 bats, does Bat Fury currently summon ten bats?
And no, you have to punch bats (or run out of your protective bat cloud) only if you want to attack. You can heal yourself and allys while using this skill.
Yes. 10 bats atm. You just don't impair the enemy with it. Making 3 bats or 10 bats, it can still be a nuisance to have to kill these bats if they want to do something. ESPECIALLY when its a last second thing. Once you've actually USED BatFury, you'd understand how pointless a 'BatShield' would be. I don't NECESSARILY want a DoT, but a shield? Sigh... I'm just slightly infuratied how you think that this would be a good ability when you haven't used the skill.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm just slightly infuratied how you think that this would be a good ability when you haven't used the skill.

No I have not used the skill, but everything I can see makes sense that it could be a great skill if the two bits I suggested was added in.
Yes I know it would be a "debuff" to allies if there was a snare. I still don't see that being an issue.
In my above post I was taking into consideration that there would be 10 bats.

No I have not used the skill, but everything I can see makes sense that it could be a great skill if the two bits I suggested was added in.
Yes I know it would be a "debuff" to allies if there was a snare. I still don't see that being an issue.
In my above post I was taking into consideration that there would be 10 bats.
Its a debuff because of the bats... You would know this if you have used the skill, editing first post, I'm done with this.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8

Cast replenish on your ally -> cast Batfury on your ally -> ally takes no damage for 20 seconds and heals for 315hp? Maybe throw in a /skill chant bob -> ally gains another 350 hp.

Cast Batfury on yourself -> Cast replenish on yourself -> Cast Revive on Bob.

Cast Batfury on an enemy -> /skill bolt bob -> cast replenish on self

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
EDIT: I love it when people post on threads and comment about something that they haven't used nor do they have a town-mate who has used it on them. Please stop posting or commenting on this thread since Kainzo has said its going to be changed. I'm going to stop because its tiring to have people who think they understand the ability talk about it.

Please understand that I was suggesting ways to make the skill useful based on your complaints.

You said the bats don't stay around an enemy. The 20% snare would help slow down the player enough to hopefully keep the bats on top of them.
You said there is no use casting it on an ally because it blocks all their shots. I suggested using it to absorb other players shots while an ally heals.
You said that it is a useless skill. I suggested the ability to self cast it so you could heal or revive while the bats were absorbing hits meant for you.

Those are all valid uses as long as there is a snare and as long as you can self/friendly target. I don't have to have used to skill to make a suggestion on some possible uses. Mr. ducky, you are more stomping your feet and saying "no, no, no" then you are making a suggestion or explaining from you first hand experience why something would not work.

If you want to post suggestions, you really should be able to explain the problem, and then if someone else proposes a change that you think would not work for this reason or that, explain it.
Here I will give you an example:
"Your idea of using Batfury on an ally to absorb hits while they heal would not work well in most fights because there are limited amounts of casters and archers and mostly just melee. Batfury is not going to do much against all the melee players and will just get in the way of your ally."

Constructive statements really do help to make sense of the problems so everyone can understand where you are coming from.

On the issue of adding a DOT or direct damage I personally don't have any desire for that. I understand Mystic has very limited damage capabilities even once they are level 60. Just adding a DOT to Batfury to me seems like a complete waste as you would be taking a very unique skill that has a lot of potential and "fixing" it by changing it into a DOT with cool effects.