• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

basic rules of Herocraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
Updated
http://wiki.herocraftonline.com/index.php/Category:Rules

Outdated.
http://pastie.org/1861995

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
Updated our meager list of rules with:

• avoiding PvE/PvP death by logging in/out

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
can you update the list with the new township policies?
http://herocraftonline.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=1220

there are maybe some others points that aren't up to date neither

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
  • If a player is attacking a structure to kill a player or gain entry in the Wilderness they may destroy a portion of the wall (Generally two blocks) however those blocks must be replaced - if not then this qualifies as griefing.

I understand why it says generally two blocks [A character can't fit into a 1x1 hole].
So I have a few questions
1. If you replace blocks in a timely fashion, is it ever griefing?
2. If there is a limitation on block replacement or the amount of blocks you can take to gain entry if replaced, what is it.
3. Is digging under someone's house to gain entrance griefing? [More concisely, must blocks be player-placed to be griefing, or does the landscape around also fall into those rules].
4. The placement of blocks on property to be used in gaining entry is not covered in the Wiki rules, what are the rules on that.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
  • If a player is attacking a structure to kill a player or gain entry in the Wilderness they may destroy a portion of the wall (Generally two blocks) however those blocks must be replaced - if not then this qualifies as griefing.
I understand why it says generally two blocks [A character can't fit into a 1x1 hole].
So I have a few questions
1. If you replace blocks in a timely fashion, is it ever griefing?
2. If there is a limitation on block replacement or the amount of blocks you can take to gain entry if replaced, what is it.
3. Is digging under someone's house to gain entrance griefing? [More concisely, must blocks be player-placed to be griefing, or does the landscape around also fall into those rules].
4. The placement of blocks on property to be used in gaining entry is not covered in the Wiki rules, what are the rules on that.

1. Put the blocks back before you leave the property (like a good burglar) and you're fine. If you're the owner and you kill the guy before they get the chance to put them back, then you have the blocks back, put them where they belong and don't petition the staff.
2. I don't care how many blocks you break as long as you put them back. If you're good at the game, you'll break the minimum possible. Good thieves take glass and smoothstone everywhere they go, just in case.
3. If the person doesn't have the area below their building regioned, it's not theirs as far as I'm concerned. Strip mining at Y<30 is perfectly fine. Mining directly below their house should be done gingerly, to ensure you don't disturb their building. Just because they didn't put the trees or lawn around their house there, though, doesn't mean you can tear it up and make their landscape look like shit. Play nice.
4. If you change a block on someone's property, change it back. This is a true principle, and, knowing it, you are able to govern yourself in the matter.

Northac

Obsidian
The rules state that all buildings must have supports. Does this apply to constructs such as an air balloons as well or can we make something like what was at the port in warshard?

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
The rules state that all buildings must have supports. Does this apply to constructs such as an air balloons as well or can we make something like what was at the port in warshard?
There has to be some reason for why it floats - Whether it be because it's an Airship, or a spell cast by an old Wizard like with Excelsium, there has to be either a lore-thing deemed worthy or a logical reason, like a hot air balloon. So yes, hot air balloons are just fine.

Northac

Obsidian
There has to be some reason for why it floats - Whether it be because it's an Airship, or a spell cast by an old Wizard like with Excelsium, there has to be either a lore-thing deemed worthy or a logical reason, like a hot air balloon. So yes, hot air balloons are just fine.

Thank you for the answer :cool: i thought so but figured it was better to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.