• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bard Ideas, By Dfergy123!

Do you feel that Samurai's are now UnBalanced?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dfergy123

Iron
I just had a thought on a new song for bards that i really think fits in with their Class/Role, something i do not think I have not seen before in HEROCRAFT! A magic RESIST song, so like the opposite of RuneWord. For instance it could be called like Shieldsong, and give you 25% less damage from spells and melee maybe, which i think everyone would love! Also i have been thinking a lot about Boastful Bellow, and i feel like it is missing a lil something extra to make it worth while (mana and stam wise). Either a lil more damage would always be nice, or a simple knock-back, im not talking like Dragoon's tremors skill, no no, more like a knock back 2 sword maybe. The reason I thought of this is because all Boast Bellow is is a single attack with a disc at lvl 60 with War song/might applied (around 80 damage), that ignores armor. now it is a fun little AOE but compared to some of the others it is probably the worst. Melodic Binding deals about 100dmg, and slows, and Void song only does 85 or 95 damage (which source you use, Wiki or in game) and 3 secs of silence. And even pulse does over 100. So Boastful Bellow should get a bit of a Knock back and i would really love to see the "Shield Song" used! :D
- Aside from your comments on this thread i would like to see some other names for the song if you guyz have any ideas. here is another one Runetrebele, or maybe Shieldshetto
( I went here :D http://www.classicalworks.com/html/glossary.html )
ALSO ALSO, i do believe that Healing Chorus needs a lil more Healing maybe, how about it give 20% health regen for 5sec maybe? idk thats up to our fantastic balanceing team :D!

Dfergy123

Iron
Hmm, Similar but what i really wanna see is Magic resistance. so like 25% magic resistance for 2min maybe?
yea the opposite of Rune word, rune word makes you take more magic damage and my Shield Song idea would prevent 25% of Magic Damage.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Your voting thing says, "Do you feel that Samurai's are now UnBalanced" - do you mean bards? Heh.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Uhm, ''Bard ideas''
Poll: ''Do you feel Samurais are unbalanced''

What now?

To answer the question, I think Samurais are somewhere between balanced and OP. They are good, but not too good.

I also think Bards are fine right now, they are a very good support class and they also do great in 1v1. Magic resist of 25% would be cool, but for 2 minutes? That's a bit long unless the cost is very high.

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
Bard skills are only supposed to last a little bit which is why mana and war song only last 15 seconds. Also the point of healing chorus isn't to heal you a bunch like pray, it's supposed to get rid of statuses like poison and confuse. Boastful bellow might need like a knock up in the air type of thing but knock back two swords launch things pretty far.

macura

Diamond
Bards do not need a buff. I think that your magicshield idea was good, but it would not be balanced. It would make killing bards as a caster spec literally impossible. They do around 71(88.75 with might) with a disc, move (i think) 3x faster then people run, single target silence, aoe silence, aoe and long lasting slow, the ability to chackra off cc. These are the things bard already have, an additional 25% negation to all magic damage to them would be absurd. In conclusion the last thing that bards need is a buff. Cool ideas, just not necessary at this time

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
Bards do not need a buff. I think that your magicshield idea was good, but it would not be balanced. It would make killing bards as a caster spec literally impossible. They do around 71 with a disc, move (i think) 1.5-2.5x faster then people run, single target silence, aoe silence, aoe and long lasting slow, the ability to chackra off cc. These are the things bard already have, an additional 25% negation to all magic damage to them would be absurd. In conclusion the last thing that bards need is a buff.

I could list the skills of any class like you just did and make is sound good. Hell, wizard's list alone puts bards to shame, as does Paladins, Clerics, etc, etc. One skill from Runeblade/Pyromancer puts nearly ALL other classes abilities to shame. And yet, classes with impressive lists of skills (at least on paper, as you just laid out for Bard) have gotten buffs in the past.

I wouldn't want the 25% magic damage reduction either. What I would like is a group stamina regen ability. Make it need "twisting" like the other two buffs we offer--at least a Stamina Regen buff would be worth twisting. Let it cost even more than Warsong/Manasong--1.5x the cost of Warsong would be steep but worth it. This would fit our supposed "utility" role perfectly and really only be useful in groups.

For the record, I can count on one hand the amount of times Healing Chorus has actually cleaned off poison. Is it even supposed to do that? If so, it's unreliable. I'd trade all the supposed Debuff removal it posses for a larger heal, even if it came in the form of a HoT.

Dfergy123

Iron
Hmm, well i do understand what some of you are saying... I think they should change the name to Cleansing Chrous then, cuz it doesnt heal alot, i just wanted the Healing part to be a bit stronger, But i Do LOVE healing choruses ability to remove debuffs, id just really like it to heal just a bit more, so as i said, like a 10-20% healing regen would be nice, and as for the Shield Song idea i do believe that Bards could use a bit more in the ability tools, they realy only have mana, and warsong to help others as a "support" song, all the others may help other people but not directly
What if the song protected against several things, like 7% magic Resist, 7% Puncture resist (arrows) and 7% Dmg Resist /Fall resist something of that nature, for 10-15 sec? i think they just need a little bit extra
id like to know what c12 thinks of it all...

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Hmm, well i do understand what some of you are saying... I think they should change the name to Cleansing Chrous then, cuz it doesnt heal alot, i just wanted the Healing part to be a bit stronger, But i Do LOVE healing choruses ability to remove debuffs, id just really like it to heal just a bit more, so as i said, like a 10-20% healing regen would be nice, and as for the Shield Song idea i do believe that Bards could use a bit more in the ability tools, they realy only have mana, and warsong to help others as a "support" song, all the others may help other people but not directly
What if the song protected against several things, like 7% magic Resist, 7% Puncture resist (arrows) and 7% Dmg Resist /Fall resist something of that nature, for 10-15 sec? i think they just need a little bit extra
id like to know what c12 thinks of it all...
The healing power was originally greater but it was nerfed due to the bard's overall power being too strong.

RaekinTheBored

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree with Favith about a stamina song. If there's one thing Bards could use it would be that.

2 minute duration for a bard ability is stupid long since they're supposed to be songs that last a few seconds. Bard on HC plays a lot like Bard in EQ.

And Healing Chorus, has never ever ever removed poison or any other type of status from me.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
Perhaps Reduce the melee damage of bards, and give them extra buffing skills and maybe increase duration, that way they would not be such a solo-pvp menace and fill more of a support role.

I would gladly take a base damage decrease AND a Record 11 decrease for buffs that were worth "twisting" for group support purposes. IMO Bards, Paladins and Beguilers should not be soloing people down at the rate they currently can, but should all have meaningful support/cc skills that make them important group assets.

I can't speak for Beguilers/Paladins but for most groups the only utility a Bard really offers is Accelerando.

Dfergy123

Iron
ALot of good ideas here, a quick message to all the dicks who say it is hard to read my post, thanks for nothing... I made it a large font, and helvetica Font because that should have made it a bit easier to read, maybe i should have stuck with a Serif Typeface? ppl be haten on SansSerif up in here... Or are you talking about the use of colors, i was just screwin around... PLZ, lets just keep it about bards and ideas surrounding bards.
I think, from what ive seen so far, that most everyone can agree that bards could use some more songs. Bards need to be a bit more support then they are now, maybe people would be happier if we lost that high melee damage, and were give a variety of new songs to bring to the battle field.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
ALot of good ideas here, a quick message to all the dicks who say it is hard to read my post, thanks for nothing... I made it a large font, and helvetica Font because that should have made it a bit easier to read, maybe i should have stuck with a Serif Typeface? ppl be haten on SansSerif up in here... Or are you talking about the use of colors, i was just screwin around... PLZ, lets just keep it about bards and ideas surrounding bards.
I think, from what ive seen so far, that most everyone can agree that bards could use some more songs. Bards need to be a bit more support then they are now, maybe people would be happier if we lost that high melee damage, and were give a variety of new songs to bring to the battle field.
This is close to un-readable. Sorry. (It's not because of fonts or colors, it's because your spelling and grammar is just terrible).

A lot of good suggestions though, I support the idea of making their support skills more powerful while decreasing their own damage so they become more support and less solo-PvP class.