• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bard Changes

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
Bard has a very tough time in 1 vs 1's due to its awful stamina problems. So I suggest the following be done:

Voidsong
Stamina 325 > 250

Melodicbinding
Stamina 250 > 200

Kick
Stamina 300 > 250

Healingchorus
Stamina 300 > 250

Manasong
Stamina 250 > 200

@Balance Team

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Bard has a very tough time in 1 vs 1's due to its awful stamina problems. So I suggest the following be done:

Voidsong
Stamina 325 > 250

Melodicbinding
Stamina 250 > 200

Kick
Stamina 300 > 250

Healingchorus
Stamina 300 > 250

Manasong
Stamina 250 > 200

[USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]
How about instead of just straight up buffing the class we put a little more thought into this.

Voidsong - its on a pretty low cd, interrupting and silencing for 2.5 secs to players within 7 blocks.
Stamina 325 > 300

Melodicbinding - it being on 19 sec cd and being one of your main damage skills this is fine.
Stamina 250 > 200

Kick - again a low cd interrupt/silence shouldn't be lowered to much.
Stamina 300 > 275

Healingchorus - this skill is absolutely way to high stamina cost for the amount of healing it does, rarely worth it.
Stamina 300 > 225

Manasong - manasong is what makes fights last sooo long, but bard does have stamina issues this skill is a must have all the time.
Stamina 250 > 200 BUT reduce its extra mana from (15 + 0.5 per charisma point) >(10 + 0.75 per charisma point)

@Irishman81 @Da_Burg [USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] It's a bit late sorry if i made any mistakes:)

Last edited:

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
In my opinion, it should be as so:
  • Stamina cost of Kick reduced from 300 -> 250
  • Stamina cost of Healingchorus reduced from 300 -> 225
  • Stamina cost of BoastfulBellow reduced from 200 -> 175
  • Stamina cost of Voidsong reduced from 325 -> 300
VoidSong is a big silence of 2.5 seconds for players within 7 blocks, so it shouldn't be lowered too much. MelodicBindings is fine as it is.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Bards old issue (and one that's stil hard to fend off now) is that if you use a skill or two you're donte. You don't have the stam to do more. With the new not sucky battle song it's much better. I'd personally just like to see melodic, healing, and void lowered a bit.

I think what CB said are pretty good numbers, though I think mana should be left alone since its a very good skill (high enough cost for a skill that is strong and spammed a lot imo).

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
In my opinion, it should be as so:
  • Stamina cost of Kick reduced from 300 -> 250
  • Stamina cost of Healingchorus reduced from 300 -> 225
  • Stamina cost of BoastfulBellow reduced from 200 -> 175
  • Stamina cost of Voidsong reduced from 325 -> 300
VoidSong is a big silence of 2.5 seconds for players within 7 blocks, so it shouldn't be lowered too much. MelodicBindings is fine as it is.
I think this is more reasonable, but i still think manasongs extra mana should be lowered.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
How about instead of just straight up buffing the class we put a little more thought into this.

Voidsong - its on a pretty low cd, interrupting and silencing for 2.5 secs to players within 7 blocks.
Stamina 325 > 300

Melodicbinding - it being on 19 sec cd and being one of your main damage skills this is fine.
Stamina 250 > 200

Kick - again a low cd interrupt/silence shouldn't be lowered to much.
Stamina 300 > 275

Healingchorus - this skill is absolutely way to high stamina cost for the amount of healing it does, rarely worth it.
Stamina 300 > 225

Manasong - manasong is what makes fights last sooo long, but bard does have stamina issues this skill is a must have all the time.
Stamina 250 > 200 BUT reduce its extra mana from (15 + 0.5 per charisma point) >(10 + 0.75 per charisma point)

@Irishman81 @Da_Burg [USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] It's a bit late sorry if i made any mistakes:)

Coolbeans I am suggesting that they lower its stamina costs to "buff" it's 1 vs 1 potential, instead of it just spamming buffs during a teamfight, at the moment if you also use your actual skills you are at about 0 - 2 stamina for about 3/4 of a 1 vs 1.

Also I have put "a little thought" into this seeing how atm bard is the worst 1 vs 1 class. Being constantly out of stamina is what makes it the worst. I have played bard this map, so I know first hand how bad its stamina problems are.

@Glacial_Reign @rokat_titan @ChazzaMaGazza

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
Coolbeans I am suggesting that they lower its stamina costs to "buff" it's 1 vs 1 potential, instead of it just spamming buffs during a teamfight, at the moment if you also use your actual skills you are at about 0 - 2 stamina for about 3/4 of a 1 vs 1.

Also I have put "a little thought" into this seeing how atm bard is the worst 1 vs 1 class. Being constantly out of stamina is what makes it the worst. I have played bard this map, so I know first hand how bad its stamina problems are. There's a reason why very few people run around soloing as bard.

@Glacial_Reign @rokat_titan @ChazzaMaGazza

ChazzaMaGazza

ICE ICE ICE!
Agreed, especially as group fights are beginning to die out, no ones going to want to play it.
Trying to pvp with no stamina is just impossible, you get combo'd like hell and cant use any skills. One way to avoid this is to time your skills and not do all of them within a short time, leave a good 2-3 seconds between each skill and you will see an improvement

However I do agree that the skills need a stam reduction, but to a certain extent otherwise this could be really op and unbalanced if the numbers are done wrongly.

• Stamina cost of Kick reduced from 300 -> 175 (increase cd by 2 to make up for the change)
  • Stamina cost of Healingchorus reduced from 300 -> 200
  • Stamina cost of BoastfulBellow reduced from 200 -> 200
  • Stamina cost of Voidsong reduced from 325 -> 275
Slightly edited from @whiteninja1970 's post ^

M

MalaWolf

If your only concern with bard is that it is not a good class in 1v1's then bard is in a really good spot.

First and formemost, bard is a support, intact its pretty much the cookie cutter support of Herocraft, buff team and use utility to dampen enemy teams output.

Because bards kit has very high utility (3 silences, 1 Slow 1 Heal, 1 Damage Buff, 1 Speed Buff and both a manna and stamina regeneration buff) It needs something to prevent it from unloading on a full enemy team, or hell even unloading in a 1v1. This could either be high manna costs (bard passive regeneration would be to slow, manna song would negate this.) high cooldowns (this isn't fun for the bard) or what we currently have high stamina costs.

High Stamina costs, especially following the battle song buff are not that big of a deal. The only thing they prevent you from doing, is unloading all your skills in a 1v1 rapidly, and because bard is a support and not a killing class this is not too much of an issue. This can also be negated if you play more passively, kite an slow down your skill usage, not all in at once.

None of you think bard is a bad class, it will be used in team fights it will be used in the 5v5 tourney coming up, it just isn't strong (and should never be intended to be) at 1v1s