• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Banker profession and DHX removal

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
So I know it is normally frowned upon to suggest entire classes, but this isn't my idea, it's from @Kainzo, who mentioned this last map and nothing really happened with it. I liked it and thought I'd flesh out the idea and suggest it.

Bankers would be the money changers of the server and be the source and destination of most gold. They'd have all the normal crafter experience sources. They have a few basic but very useful skills:
  • Smelt (Level 10): Turns gold ore into gold ingots. Rare chance to produce an extra nugget, with the chance increasing per level.
  • Monetize (level 15): Turns gold ingots into coins. Coins per ingot starts at 6c and increases 0.1 c increase per level to a maximum of 10c
  • Exchange (Level 35): Can turn coins back into gold. Ingot prices would start at 15c and decrease 0.1c per level to a minimum of 13c.
  • Gold ore, nugget, ingot, and block chest shops (Level 50).
Note that the numbers are all subject to change. Other items could be added as well.
Pros
  • New in-demand profession
  • Bankers would be useful in a town
  • Spawn gold carrying trips less frequent (Con to pvpers)
  • More competitive gold buying market.
Cons
  • Less business for gold trading merchants
  • Less spawn ports for wizards

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So I know it is normally frowned upon to suggest entire classes, but this isn't my idea, it's from @Kainzo, who mentioned this last map and nothing really happened with it. I liked it and thought I'd flesh out the idea and suggest it.

Bankers would be the money changers of the server and be the source and destination of most gold. They'd have all the normal crafter experience sources. They have a few basic but very useful skills:
  • Smelt (Level 10): Turns gold ore into gold ingots. Rare chance to produce an extra nugget, with the chance increasing per level.
  • Monetize (level 15): Turns gold ingots into coins. Coins per ingot starts at 6c and increases 0.1 c increase per level to a maximum of 10c
  • Exchange (Level 35): Can turn coins back into gold. Ingot prices would start at 15c and decrease 0.1c per level to a minimum of 13c.
  • Gold ore, nugget, ingot, and block chest shops (Level 50).
Note that the numbers are all subject to change. Other items could be added as well.

Pros
  • New in-demand profession
  • Bankers would be useful in a town
  • Spawn gold carrying trips less frequent (Con to pvpers)
  • More competitive gold buying market.
Cons

• Less business for gold trading merchants
  • Less spawn ports for wizards

I'd like for it to happen - so though to be honest, this would need to be checked and cross checked to hell and back to ensure that there is no dupes/etc.

We would also need skills created to do the goldingot -> coin. etc

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I like this idea and atm Scribe is really underpowered compared to all of the other crafter proffesions. So I am suggesting that if this prof. does come into motion we replace scribe with this.