• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Balance Team App: Greek

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
When were you whitelisted on Herocraft?
  • February 9th, 2011
Age at the time of this application.
Whats your favorite Path/Spec?
  • Right now, Dreadknight.
How often can you test on the test server?
  • I can be on anywhere from 3 hours to 7 hours a day, depending on the amount of work I have each day, and if I have sports that day. But I'm willing to shift the time I spend doing nothing of importance (quite a lot of time..) in the main server on to the test server to help balance different classes.
What would set you apart from other members applying for the Balance team?
  • On Dragongarde, I've so far have played a Dreadknight, Ranger, Paladin, Dragoon and Samurai. But previously, on old test maps and on Zeal, I spent time mastering classes such as Disciple, Cleric, Dragoon, Samurai, Paladin, Ranger, Ninja, Thief, Bard, Necromancer, Geomancer and Wizard. I know the main skills of each class that sets them apart and makes them unique, and I've learned to recognize the difference between and OP class and/or skill, and a player that knows how to play his class well. I've grown out of the phase of "Oh he killed me, so that means that class is OP" and will do my best to make constructive suggestions to aid in the balancing of Heroes. If you've seen me in game, you'd know that I am a leader of a town, with at least one player of every class, for the most part. I've seen these guys in action, I've heard their opinions as their own class, I've seen how well or how badly they play their class. I know what the definition of overpowered is due to this.
  • I've never been inactive longer than a few days since February (one exception due to a planned absence during July). I'm dedicated, hard working, willing to go above and beyond for any task that needs to get done.
  • I also wanted to stress the need for more active PvP'ers as balance team members. There are some, but about 9/14 current balance team members I rarely see going out of their way in game to test out their combat class during PvP. I mean, isn't balancing combat classes mainly to balance them in combat? I can see how balancing professions is a reason to accept less PvP-oriented players, but I'm seeing a lack of active balance team members that have extensively experienced the PvP of Heroes. I am a Pk'er, an active miner/builder, and I am constantly engaged in discussion upon the forums and in game on the subjects of possible class tweaks and suggestions.
  • I'm willing to test any other aspect of Herocraft, whether it be Mob Arena, testing out bugs and reporting them via exploit/bug reports, or anything else that may be asked of a Balance Team Member. I'm active on IRC along with teamspeak, so I'm easily contacted through those and the forums, which I basically check hourly.
Additional Info:
  • I've been here for a VERY long time, and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I've got the experience, and I've obtained the maturity level to be able to take a job like this seriously. I'm consistently active and don't disappear for long periods of time without notice, so I will always been available to test. I may not have had the best start on Herocraft, but let me tell you, I've come a long way. I believe with all my heart that I've proved myself as staff and deserve this spot on the Balance Team. If the staff begs to disagree, so be it.
~Greek