• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Balance Report: 10/3/2012

c12095

Holy Shit!
Paladin:
Reckoning - Current range of 10 blocks, change to 7. Currently instant cast, change to .5-1 second warmup (.5 if possible).
Basic Attack - Currently a max of 67 with Diamond 80 with Gold. I suggest lowering to 60 with Diamond 75 with Gold.
Samurai:
Bleed - Current 196 damage (Tooltip states 186) Damage needs to be corrected. I suggest reducing the current damage to 160
MortalWound - Currently does 184 damage without armor (Tooltip states 108 over 20) Damage needs to be corrected. When target is wearing armor damage is severely reduced, Dreadknight took 52 damage fully armored. I suggest turning this into True Damage, and reducing the damage to 100-120. That way Casters will be hit less, because they refuse to wear armor half the time, and it will be worth something for armored targets.
One - Currently last 20 seconds, CD of 45 seconds. I suggest take the time it last to 15 seconds, and bump the CD up to 50 seconds.
Ninja:
Health Pool - Current max health is 900 Slight increase, HP per level is currentlt 5, increase to 5.5 making their total health 930.
Runeblade:
Health Pool - Current max health is 810 Slight increase, HP per level is currently 3.5, increase to 4 making their total health 840.
Bard:
Health Pool - Current max health is 836 Slight increase, HP per level is currently 4, increase to 4.5 making their total health 870.
Disciple:
Basic Attack Fist - Current Fist damage is set to 57, I suggest reducing to 45, there is no reason to be unprepared and still able to deal that much damage at any point.

Basic Attack Stick - Current Stick damage is set to 60, I suggest reducing to 50, they are able to toe to toe too well for a healer hybrid.

Basic Attack Fish - Current Fish damage is set to 61, I suggest reducing to 55, they are able to toe to toe too well for a healer hybrid.

Basic Attack Blaze Rod - Current Blaze Rod damage is set to 70, I suggest reducing to 60, this is far too much damage for a healer hybrid to deal, its more than some warrior classes and they posses more CC than others.

Bandage - Currently cost 9% mana, with a 1-2 second CD (too short to really tell) and heals for 150 health. I think the mana cost is fine if other spells gain a higher mana cost, this spell is currently too spamable due to the minuscule mana cost of most of their spells. I would increase it's CD to 5 seconds, or reduce it's healing to 100.

Smite - Currently cost 11% mana, with a 5 second CD and deals 115 damage. I think that Smite deals far too much damage for it's CD. Again, the mana cost would be fine if the Disciple had other spells that would lower their mana pool a little more in a fight, but just like Bandage, is currently too spammable. I would increase the Smite CD to 10 seconds to account for their large CC and sustainability.

ForcePush - Currently cost 3% mana, cost 3.5 stamina, 5 sec CD, deals 78. This is pretty ridiculous, by the time the target reaches you again you can instantly push them away with no form of recoil to yourself. I suggest a 9-10% mana cost, a 8-10 second CD, and a reduction in damage, I would reduce the damage of this spell to about 40-50, seeing as Armor does reduce it's effect damage.

ForcePull - Currently cost 3% mana, cost 3.5 stamina, 5 sec CD, deals 74. Same as ForcePush. I suggest a 9-10% mana cost, a 8-10 second CD, and a reduction in damage, I would reduce the damage of this spell to about 40-50, seeing as Armor does reduce it's effect damage.

Charka - This honestly makes me pretty sad, Chakra cost 3% mana, has a 5 second CD, is an instant cast, and heals for 100 health while removing negative affects to all party members. This spell needs a much large mana cost, 7-10% (Bard takes 12% but i'm accounting for Wisdom regeneration). Charka also needs a higher CD, I would say 10 seconds to keep that in line with Bard Charka.

c12095

Holy Shit!
On what basis should Rogues hp across the board be increased?

From Experience, and numbers, Rogues seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to being able to stay alive and being able to stay useful (besides Rangers). All Rogues have to get in your face to deal their damage (again, besides Ranger, which is why their excluded from the health buff). Due to this they have a fairly small window of opportunity between when they start attacking, and when their opponent or opponents realizes it and turn to beat the crap out of them.

Granted, the only real exception to this that could be considered is Bard, due to their minor range capabilities, I feel that they still fall into the same group as Ninjas and Runeblades. All three are capable of doing amazing burst damage to squishier targets, like healers or casters however, they only have that ability in Melee Range, or the small Bard AoE radius. If they choose to back off, they really have no way of keeping even minor damage damage on target, unless they risk their own skin running back into melee, which then ruins their element of surprise, cutting their damage harshly.

I feel that if they have the ability to stay in the fight longer, in this case even a smaller amount of time, it will have an overall great affect to their play style. Rogues are currently not used the way the should be, players want to be able to stand toe to toe for the entire fight, but Rogues can not do this. They end up having to run away, with no way of damaging unless they turn to fight, or catch up to an opponent once they have shown they will stay and finish the fight.

I personally feel that they should never stand toe to toe for an entire fight and should be use strategically in a fight. They need to focus down a single target and retreat to regain their element of surprise, however it is very difficult to do this when they can't live the initial fight.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Updated to add Disciple suggestions @Kainzo
All of those changes to Disiciples are direct hits.... there's no counter balance to what is being changed. Its reducing damage, reducing healing effectiveness. Not going to be happy Disciples on the next patch at all.
We'll need to increase the silence on their flyingkick, soon

macura

Diamond
^ They could definitely use a better silence.
Possibly a damage bonus on flying kick, i think that the damage is only 1 currently if the wiki is correct. That or a longer silence duration (silence currently 2 seconds).

Maybe up the damage of flying kick to 50 (lower than kick because it also knocks the player into the air). Or up the silence to 3 or 4 seconds.

Also im not sure about the condition of iron first but i has seen several threads saying that the stamina cost to is too high for the damage that the skill does. Anyone got any information on this/suggestions?

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Possibly a damage bonus on flying kick, i think that the damage is only 1 currently if the wiki is correct. That or a longer silence duration (silence currently 2 seconds).

Maybe up the damage of flying kick to 50 (lower than kick because it also knocks the player into the air). Or up the silence to 3 or 4 seconds.

Also im not sure about the condition of iron first but i has seen several threads saying that the stamina cost to is too high for the damage that the skill does. Anyone got any information on this/suggestions?
It's more so crowd control based than damage. We can look at stamina for it on the test server though.

c12095

Holy Shit!
All of those changes to Disiciples are direct hits.... there's no counter balance to what is being changed. Its reducing damage, reducing healing effectiveness. Not going to be happy Disciples on the next patch at all.
We'll need to increase the silence on their flyingkick, soon

Theres not any positive because its all too powerful atm, i'll take a look at it all later today and see what I can find.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Off the top of my head I could see this working.

ForcePush/ForcePull into True Damage set to 60. That would place them in the middle of armor reductions, Leather kept the damage at about 65ish while Iron/Diamond kept it around 45ish.

FlyingKick - Set silence to 4 seconds to account for the time the target is in the air unable to cast/target anyway.

IronFist - Reduce CD from 20 to 15

The reason I didn't mess with any Stamina cost is because Meditate restores all Stamina and Mana at level 60, however they would only use this for the Stamina portion because they never run out of mana currently.

macura

Diamond
Off the top of my head I could see this working.

ForcePush/ForcePull into True Damage set to 60. That would place them in the middle of armor reductions, Leather kept the damage at about 65ish while Iron/Diamond kept it around 45ish.

FlyingKick - Set silence to 4 seconds to account for the time the target is in the air unable to cast/target anyway.

IronFist - Reduce CD from 20 to 15

The reason I didn't mess with any Stamina cost is because Meditate restores all Stamina and Mana at level 60, however they would only use this for the Stamina portion because they never run out of mana currently.
That sounds good.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
From Experience, and numbers, Rogues seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to being able to stay alive and being able to stay useful (besides Rangers). All Rogues have to get in your face to deal their damage (again, besides Ranger, which is why their excluded from the health buff). Due to this they have a fairly small window of opportunity between when they start attacking, and when their opponent or opponents realizes it and turn to beat the crap out of them.

Granted, the only real exception to this that could be considered is Bard, due to their minor range capabilities, I feel that they still fall into the same group as Ninjas and Runeblades. All three are capable of doing amazing burst damage to squishier targets, like healers or casters however, they only have that ability in Melee Range, or the small Bard AoE radius. If they choose to back off, they really have no way of keeping even minor damage damage on target, unless they risk their own skin running back into melee, which then ruins their element of surprise, cutting their damage harshly.

I feel that if they have the ability to stay in the fight longer, in this case even a smaller amount of time, it will have an overall great affect to their play style. Rogues are currently not used the way the should be, players want to be able to stand toe to toe for the entire fight, but Rogues can not do this. They end up having to run away, with no way of damaging unless they turn to fight, or catch up to an opponent once they have shown they will stay and finish the fight.

I personally feel that they should never stand toe to toe for an entire fight and should be use strategically in a fight. They need to focus down a single target and retreat to regain their element of surprise, however it is very difficult to do this when they can't live the initial fight.
Code:
item-damage:
    Wood_Hoe: 10
    Stone_Hoe: 11.5
    Iron_Hoe: 13
    Diamond_Hoe: 17
    Gold_Hoe: 17.5
    Air: 27.5
    Raw_Fish: 31.5
    Stick: 30
    Blaze_Rod: 34.5
item-damage-level:
    Wood_Hoe: 0.5
    Stone_Hoe: 0.2
    Iron_Hoe: 0.2
    Diamond_Hoe: 0.3
    Gold_Hoe: 0.3
    Air: 0.5
    Raw_Fish: 0.5
    Stick: 0.5
    Blaze_Rod: 0.6
Thats disciples - what should it be instead? I'd rather change the damage per level than the starting stuff, tbh

Where are you getting your mana/stam costs? Production has these unchanged values.
Code:
    Smite:
        level: 1
        mana: 20
        cooldown: 6000
        damage: 115
        max-distance: 5
    Forcepush:
        level: 20
        mana: 5
        cooldown: 5000
        stamina: 6
    Forcepull:
        level: 30
    Chakra:
        level: 40
        mana: 10
        stamina: 5

c12095

Holy Shit!
Code:
item-damage:
    Wood_Hoe: 10
    Stone_Hoe: 11.5
    Iron_Hoe: 13
    Diamond_Hoe: 17
    Gold_Hoe: 17.5
    Air: 27.5
    Raw_Fish: 31.5
    Blaze_Rod: 34.5
item-damage-level:
    Air: 0.5
    Raw_Fish: 0.5
    Stick: 0.5
    Blaze_Rod: 0.6
Thats disciples - what should it be instead? I'd rather change the damage per level than the starting stuff, tbh

This would set Disciple damage around what I was thinking. Fist - 45.5, Stick - 48, Fish - 55.5, and BlazeRod - 64.5

item-damage-level:
Air: 0.3
Raw_Fish: 0.4
Stick: 0.3
Blaze_Rod: 0.5

Where are you getting your mana/stam costs? Production has these unchanged values.
Code:
    Smite:
        level: 1
        mana: 20
        damage: 115
    Forcepush:
        level: 20
    Forcepull:
        level: 30
    Chakra:
        level: 40
        mana: 10
        stamina: 5

I am getting it all straight from the Test Server. Their maximum mana is currently 182, and you have Forcepush set to cost 5 mana. 5/182=.027x100=2.7%. I'm guessing the server will round it up to 3% for ease of numbers.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Code:
item-damage:
    Air: 28
    Raw_Fish: 32
    Blaze_Rod: 35
item-damage-level:
    Air: 0.3
    Stick: 0.3
    Raw_Fish: 0.4
    Blaze_Rod: 0.5
base-max-health: 650

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
c12 said:
Samurai:
Bleed - Current 196 damage (Tooltip states 186) Damage needs to be corrected. I suggest reducing the current damage to 160
MortalWound - Currently does 184 damage without armor (Tooltip states 108 over 20) Damage needs to be corrected. When target is wearing armor damage is severely reduced, Dreadknight took 52 damage fully armored. I suggest turning this into True Damage, and reducing the damage to 100-120. That way Casters will be hit less, because they refuse to wear armor half the time, and it will be worth something for armored targets.

Looking into this now.
Bleed
Code:
Bleed:
  use-text: '%hero% used %skill% on %target%!'
  duration: 15000
  period: 3000
  tick-damage: 30
  damage-per-level: 0
  apply-text: '%target% is bleeding!'
  expire-text: ''

Not sure if increasing the base hp is better than increasing hp gained per level. What are your thoughts?

Disiciple Chakra:
Since they are in the healer family, making this 5-> 8seconds instead of 10s.

c12095

Holy Shit!
@Kainzo I would increase hp per level so it's not as a direct gain and let's them feel stronger as they level.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Everything here has been changed

Prepare Report #2
One - Currently last 20 seconds, CD of 45 seconds. I suggest take the time it last to 15 seconds, and bump the CD up to 50 seconds.
Ninja:
Health Pool - Current max health is 900 Slight increase, HP per level is currentlt 5, increase to 5.5 making their total health 930.
Runeblade:
Health Pool - Current max health is 810 Slight increase, HP per level is currently 3.5, increase to 4 making their total health 840.
Bard:
Health Pool - Current max health is 836 Slight increase, HP per level is currently 4, increase to 4.5 making their total health 870.