• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Balance Report: 10/17/12

c12095

Holy Shit!
Going to be focusing on Casters and the dreaded Healers on this post.

Beguiler:
Icebolt - Replaced with Beguile

Wizard:

I believe we need to focus more on the Wizard's unique skills, their ability to call on thunder to strike down their foes.

Bolt - Current warm-up is set at 1.5 seconds, reduce to 1.0. Damage currently set to 185, increase to 225. CD is currently 15 seconds, reduce to 10.

Megabolt - Current warm-up is set at 2.0 seconds, reduce to 1.5.

Shock - Current warm-up is set at 1.5 seconds, reduce to 1.0. Increase damage per strike from 30 to 35.

Icebolt - Current damage is set to 147, reduce to 50. Current CD is set to 5 seconds, increase to 10 (With root, this often of a slow with its damage is pointless) Same reason as Beguiler.

Blink - Current Cooldown 7 seconds, increase to 10 seconds. Lower reagent cost of 5 redstone to 2 redstone.
Necromancer:

Poison - Currently deals 105 damage, increase to 135

Web - Current warm-up is set at 1.0 second, reduce to 0.5.

Decay - Current damage is set at 196, increase to 215.

Despair - Currently has no warm-up, add a 1.0 second warm-up. CD currently 7 seconds, increase to 12, reduce damage from 70 to 50.

Harmshield - Currently has a 1 second warm-up, remove warm-up.

Pyromancer:
Skill Order Change​
Fireball - Level 1​
Fireblade - Level 10​
Kick - Level 15​
Fireblast - Level 25​
Flameshield - Level 35​
Firearmor - Level 40​
Blaze - Level 50​
Firewave - Level 60​
This class is in need of a new skill some point in the future, until then, this is what I have.​
Fireball - Currently deals 126 damage, increase to 146
Mystic:
Rejuvenate - Currently heals 30 ever 3 seconds, increase to 40 every 3 seconds.

Chant- Current warm-up of 3 seconds, reduce to 2.

Chakra- I think this class is in need of an AoE heal, Chakra would make a nice addition. Heal 110 damage, cost 7% mana, 8 second CD.

Runeblade:
Skill Order Change​

Toxicblade - Level 10​
Fireblade - Level 15​
Duskblade - Level 25​
Flameshield - Level 30​
Runeword - Level 35​
Iceblade - Level 40​
Bladedance - Level 45​
One - Level 55​
Firewave - Level 60​

ShizzDawgg

Godly

Beguiler:
Icebolt - This spell needs to be removed from the Beguiler arsenal, with it they are far too much of a CC and Damage powerhouse. The spell alone deals 147 damage and slows for 5 seconds. This is taking away all need for Beguilers to even aim their skills and takes away any chance other classes have to catch the Beguiler, they just posses far too much CC. [SIZE=5][B]ShizzDawgg[/B][/SIZE] can vouch for me as one of the best Beguilers on the server, this skill is unnecessary and just unfair.
2807.jpg

No, but for real, I agree with this completely. It's one thing to have 2 forms of cc whilst one is on a 2 minute and 25 second cooldown. However, with a 5 second cooldown on icebolt and its low mana cost, this class has WAY too much cc and nuke potential whilst this skill is in-game. Simply remove it. Don't replace it with any other skills.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Beguilers are suppose to be a "CC" class. The damage may be too high, however.[DOUBLEPOST=1350658046,1350656439][/DOUBLEPOST]Changing Divine stun to 2 sec stun with a 0.5s cast.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Beguilers are suppose to be a "CC" class. The damage may be too high, however.[DOUBLEPOST=1350658046,1350656439][/DOUBLEPOST]Changing Divine stun to 2 sec stun with a 0.5s cast.

I'll have to take a look at the rest of Beguiler spells to find a happy medium between their cc and their damage output then. Also I like the stun nerf, it's needed.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
With all due respect Kainzo, I can pull off an unavoidable nuke that does 700 damage at a range simply with icebolt, fireball, and piggify. If ai were to use mass piggify I could pull off a 1050 damage unavoidable nuke. Icebolt is the problem, I can assure you. If you wan them to retain their cc, then I'd suggest replacing icebolt with confuse. This will hinder nuke potential by alot, but retain semi-heavy cc.[DOUBLEPOST=1350664736,1350664464][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry, typing this on my phone. Might be a few typos. :x

macura

Diamond
I do agree that beguilers have far too much nukage, especially because it is unavoidable because of the silence of piggify, however i don't think that removing icebolt would be a good fix.

Without icebolt, beguiler's only damage skill is fireball until level 55 when they get plaguebomb (other than pulse which really cannot be used in most situations). If icebolt were taken out they would have almost no damage until 55 so they would need something to compensate.

I like shizz's recommendation of possibly giving them confuse and i would also suggest a decrease in their fireball cd in order to compensate for their extremely low damage at lower levels.

On a side note i noticed that conviction skill for paladin has an extremely low mana cost (only 6) and it gives the buff to the entire party. In my opinion it should be an activated buff that applies for party members within a certain block radius, with a far higher manacost if not removed as a party buff. The combination between the almost 20% damage reduction for party members of the pally and the pally's ability to tank almost an entire party of people for some time makes it devistating. The pally has the ability to tank a good portion of people and i don't think that they need their party to become tanky as well.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
I posted a poll in the suggestions part of the forums and 12/14 people wanted icebolt to be removed from beguiler.
Results:
8/12 - Want icebolt to be removed, and replaced with nothing.
4/12 - Want icebolt to be removed, and replaced with confuse.
2/12 - Don't think it's overpowered. (These 2 votes probably came from beguilers, just saying.)

ShizzDawgg

Godly
I'd like to bring up something that may have been brought up in the past. I am only bringing this up because I have noticed it a lot lately whilst I have been raiding. So basically, being a beguiler, I'm a heavy cc class, no doubt about it. Anyways, I've noticed TONS of people abusing piggify and mass piggify simply by right clicking the pig to hop off of it. Is there any way that this can be fixed? Or if I catch somebody doing it with fraps could I report them? It's getting annoying. xD

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm really into giving beguilers confuse, icebolt not only doesn't fit the class, but its slowing + quick nuke potential is very similar to the ice arrow problem. Confuse not only works for beguilers, but it balances out their gameplay.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Beguiler:
Icebolt - Current damage is set to 147, reduce to 50. The Damage of this skill comes from the fact that it gives the Beguiler the ability to inflict unavoidable damage, in the form of Fireball, or Plaguebomb. I believe that CC skills should deal minor damage, allowing for strategic attacks, not just hit and run nukes.

Fireball - Current damage is set to 200, change to 160.

Plaguebomb - Current damage set to 233, reduce to 200. CD is currently 6 seconds, increase to 8

Wizard:

I believe we need to focus more on the Wizard's unique skills, their ability to call on thunder to strike down their foes.

Bolt - Current warm-up is set at 1.5 seconds, reduce to 1.0. Damage currently set to 185, increase to 225. CD is currently 15 seconds, reduce to 10.

Megabolt - Current warm-up is set at 2.0 seconds, reduce to 1.5.

Shock - Current warm-up is set at 1.5 seconds, reduce to 1.0. Increase damage per strike from 30 to 35.

Icebolt - Current damage is set to 147, reduce to 50. Current CD is set to 5 seconds, increase to 10 (With root, this often of a slow with its damage is pointless) Same reason as Beguiler.

Blink - Current Cooldown 7 seconds, increase to 10 seconds. Lower reagent cost of 5 redstone to 2 redstone.
Necromancer:

Poison - Currently deals 105 damage, increase to 135

Web - Current warm-up is set at 1.0 second, reduce to 0.5.

Decay - Current damage is set at 196, increase to 215.

Despair - Currently has no warm-up, add a 1.0 second warm-up. CD currently 7 seconds, increase to 12, reduce damage from 70 to 50.

Harmshield - Currently has a 1 second warm-up, remove warm-up.

Pyromancer:
Skill Order Change​
Fireball - Level 1

Fireblade - Level 10

Kick - Level 15

Fireblast - Level 25

Flameshield - Level 35

Firearmor - Level 40

Blaze - Level 50

Firewave - Level 60

This class is in need of a new skill some point in the future, until then, this is what I have.

Fireball - Currently deals 126 damage, increase to 146

Mystic:

Chakra- I think this class is in need of an AoE heal, Chakra would make a nice addition. Heal 110 damage, cost 7% mana, 8 second CD.

Runeblade:
Skill Order Change​

Toxicblade - Level 10

Fireblade - Level 15

Duskblade - Level 25

Flameshield - Level 30

Runeword - Level 35

Iceblade - Level 40

Bladedance - Level 45

One - Level 55

Firewave - Level 60
I've been extremely busy - working on this in the next few days.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This stuff has been done - minus the chakra change on mystic.
Mystic:

Runeblade:
Skill Order Change

Toxicblade - Level 10
Fireblade - Level 15
Duskblade - Level 25
Flameshield - Level 30
Runeword - Level 35
Iceblade - Level 40
Bladedance - Level 45
One - Level 55
Firewave - Level 60