• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Balance Report: 1/28/13 473

c12095

Holy Shit!
Cleric:

Pray - Current mana cost is 7%, increase to 12% mana. Current CD is 6 seconds, increase to 10.

FullHeal - Current mana is 23% mana, increase to 30%. CD is 15 seconds, increase to 20.

Smite - Cooldown is currently 4 seconds, increase to 7. Current mana cost of 10% is good. Lower damage from 100 to 80.

IronChestplate - I feel that this needs to be reduced to a Chainmail Chestplate. They currently have somewhere around 52% damage reduction, I feel that this is far too much for a healer to have. A full Chainmail set would set their reduction to around 48%, a minor nerf, however it is a much needed one. If you would rather not remove the Chestplate, then I would suggest lowering their Health Pool from 995 to 900.

GroupHeal - Currently has a 10sec CD, 12% mana cost, and heals for 210 health. This is far too overpowered of a groupwide heal, not even Chakra could match this with its ability to remove CC effects. I think the CD should be increased to 15 seconds, and the mana cost increased to 18%. I would also lower the healing to 190 from 210. Doing this will make players have to use Ampul more in group fights instead of relying on GroupHeal to do all the work.

GuardianAngel - Currently last for 7 seconds, I would lower this to 5 seconds.

Wizard:

I feel that Wizards are too spammy, they have the mana pool due to Replenish to just spam loads of Fireballs and IceBolts while their big spells are on CD. I feel that they should be punished for just spamming these spells, and actually have to aim these spells, not just hope after 5 or 6 they land a few.

Blink - Current mana cost is 6%, I would increase to 10%.

Megabolt - Current warm-up is too short, increase to 1.5 sec.

Bolt - Current mana cost is 11% mana, I would increase to 18%.

Replenish - Add a warm-up of 1 second to it.

Icebolt - Current mana cost is 7% mana, I would increase to 10%.

Fireblast - Current damage is 150, I would lower this to 120.

Pyromancer:
Kick - Current mana cost is 6%, this should be removed. I feel there is no reason for Kick to cost Mana.
Necromancer:
Poison - Current range is 15 blocks, lower to 10.

DrainSoul - Current range is 12, lower to 10.

Plague -Add a 1 second warm-up.

DarkRitual - Increase the health required to transfer from 100 to 120.

Beguiler:

Piggify/MassPiggify - Remove the Silence when placed on a pig.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Cleric:
Pray - Current mana cost is 7%, increase to 12% mana. Current CD is 6 seconds, increase to 10.
FullHeal - Current mana is 23% mana, increase to 30%. CD is 15 seconds, increase to 20.
Smite - Cooldown is currently 4 seconds, increase to 7. Current mana cost of 10% is good. Lower damage from 100 to 80.
IronChestplate - I feel that this needs to be reduced to a Chainmail Chestplate. They currently have somewhere around 52% damage reduction, I feel that this is far too much for a healer to have. A full Chainmail set would set their reduction to around 48%, a minor nerf, however it is a much needed one. If you would rather not remove the Chestplate, then I would suggest lowering their Health Pool from 995 to 900.
GroupHeal - Currently has a 10sec CD, 12% mana cost, and heals for 210 health. This is far too overpowered of a groupwide heal, not even Chakra could match this with its ability to remove CC effects. I think the CD should be increased to 15 seconds, and the mana cost increased to 18%. I would also lower the healing to 190 from 210. Doing this will make players have to use Ampul more in group fights instead of relying on GroupHeal to do all the work.
GuardianAngel - Currently last for 7 seconds, I would lower this to 5 seconds.

I can agree with the GroupHeal changes and the GuardianAngel changes.
IronChestplate: They are plate-wielding class. It is by lore that Clerics are heavily armored. Reduction of HP is probably best.
Pray/Fullheal/Smite: I think adding cooldowns to the bulk of the skills will take too much away from the class. I think it should be up to the caster on what they cast over and over again. The skills that we want to make usuable only X seconds should have higher cost equated or a reagent.

Wizard:
I feel that Wizards are too spammy, they have the mana pool due to Replenish to just spam loads of Fireballs and IceBolts while their big spells are on CD. I feel that they should be punished for just spamming these spells, and actually have to aim these spells, not just hope after 5 or 6 they land a few.

Blink - Current mana cost is 6%, I would increase to 10%.
Megabolt - Current warm-up is too short, increase to 1.5 sec.
Bolt - Current mana cost is 11% mana, I would increase to 18%.
Replenish - Add a warm-up of 1 second to it.
Icebolt - Current mana cost is 7% mana, I would increase to 10%.
Fireblast - Current damage is 150, I would lower this to 120.

Blink currently is fine at it's current. With the added 3 redstone reagent cost, I don't see this as a needed change.
Mega/bolt changes seem to be solid.
Replenish cast time is probably necessary.
Fireblast seems fair as well.

Pyromancer:
Kick - Current mana cost is 6%, this should be removed. I feel there is no reason for Kick to cost Mana.

This makes sense, and it probably was an oversight.

Necromancer:
Poison - Current range is 15 blocks, lower to 10.
DrainSoul - Current range is 12, lower to 10.
Plague -Add a 1 second warm-up.
DarkRitual - Increase the health required to transfer from 100 to 120.

Casters have one thing going for them... immobilizing effects and range - I don't believe removing their range even further is a good thing to do. A wizard's fireball can shoot 40+ blocks.
Plague - its probably best this skill is entirely scrapped as it adds so much lag on the server if there are a large number of entities.
Darkritual I can see the change on this, it won't be a huge ordeal.

Beguiler:

This currently is as designed. Pig/Mass is a crowd control effect and nothing but removal effects/skills should be ususable.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Mystic:
Lower Replenish's mana boost to 75%.

Paladin:
Increase Pray's cd to 20s.

c12095

Also - what about our talk with the MortalWound change?

macura

Diamond
If plague were to be taken out there would need to be something to compensate for that. I think maybe the health required for dark ritual could be lowered from 100 to maybe 70-80

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
Beguiler:

This currently is as designed. Pig/Mass is a crowd control effect and nothing but removal effects/skills should be ususable.

---------------

Does this mean debuffs such as Chakra and HealingChorus should be able to remove the pig? From what I've seen the pig currently silences all skills, including Chakra/HealingChorus.

c12095

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Beguiler:

---------------

Does this mean debuffs such as Chakra and HealingChorus should be able to remove the pig? From what I've seen the pig currently silences all skills, including Chakra/HealingChorus.

c12095
Playing Bard this whole map I can confirm that you're unable to use HealingChorus while either Pigified or Mass Pigified. This really interests me because last map I remember before a silence was added to it, Healing Chorus did dispel it.

macura

Diamond
Before this goes through i have one final suggestion, remove might from clerics. To be honest with the amount of heals that they provide and their survivability due to their tankiness and invulns they provide far to much support to be able to give a damage bonus. If clerics lost might they would be fail to 1v1 because they would no longer be doing large amounts of damage with their hoe, then we might not have to nerf their smite cd. Removing might would help solve their ability to 1v1 anything and reduce their incredible amounts of support.

faredX

Gold
Mystic:
Lower Replenish's mana boost to 75%.

Paladin:
Increase Pray's cd to 10s.

c12095

Also - what about our talk with the MortalWound change?
Paladin's pray's cool-down is 15 seconds unlike Cleric's, so unless you mean 'Decrease paladin's pray cd to 10 seconds' which seems not required.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Beguiler:

---------------

c12095
Correct - Chakra should be able to free the user from pigs.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Before this goes through i have one final suggestion, remove might from clerics. To be honest with the amount of heals that they provide and their survivability due to their tankiness and invulns they provide far to much support to be able to give a damage bonus. If clerics lost might they would be fail to 1v1 because they would no longer be doing large amounts of damage with their hoe, then we might not have to nerf their smite cd. Removing might would help solve their ability to 1v1 anything and reduce their incredible amounts of support.
I disagree. We can't be nerfing the non-hybrid heal-centric class of the healers to that extent. They're already getting a bunch of other changes. See how it plays after this Report goes through and comment then.

macura

Diamond
Sorry, one last suggestion lol. Change ninja's blackjack proc chance back to 10% instead of 5% and instead the cd of energize to 90s (from 60). Blackjack is the only way that ninjas can have a chance of fighting warrior. Ninjas are pretty squishy but blackjack prevents the warriors from completely destroying them. Energize was a nice addition but it will only give the ninja possibly another backflip or kick in a fight.

macura

Diamond
I disagree. We can't be nerfing the non-hybrid heal-centric class of the healers to that extent. They're already getting a bunch of other changes. See how it plays after this Report goes through and comment then.
The only changes that kainzo said that will be made to cleric are a nerf to groupheal and guardian angel. Cleric is hardly being nerfed at all. Even with these nerfs cleric, is still providing ungodly amounts of support.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
If anything might should have a higher cooldown, higher mana cost, and have a shorter duration. Also nerfing how much damage it gives to its party members wouldn't be so bad, but might should not be removed for Cleric.