• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Balance App: Air_Restraint

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
1. Minecraft IGN / Age: Air_Restraint / 20
2. Position applying for: Balance Team (implementer or tester): Tester
3. How long have you been on Herocraft?: 4-5 years
4. What's your favorite class/path?: Wizard / Dragoon
5. How often and in what timezone can you test?: Majority of the time when I'm on. I'm in central.
6. What sets you apart from other members applying for this team?: The main thing I do is PvP. I'm not better then some people, but I do believe I'm quite decent on casters. I have also held the Balance position before and helped give suggestions to classes that were implemented.
7. Do you have any similar experience?: Was on Balance before.
8. Do you understand this team is for balancing current skills only?: Yeah
9. Can you follow directions from a team lead, no matter what they ask?: Yeah
10. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I'd like to help test skills and give my opinion on what changes need to be implemented without a bias opinion of a class I like compared to one I dislike.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
5. How often and in what timezone can you test?: Majority of the time when I'm on. I'm in central.
6. What sets you apart from other members applying for this team?: The main thing I do is PvP. I'm not better then some people, but I do believe I'm quite decent on casters. I have also held the Balance position before and helped give suggestions to classes that were implemented.
10. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I'd like to help test skills and give my opinion on what changes need to be implemented without a bias opinion of a class I like compared to one I dislike.
Do you have any ideas for current classes or incoming changes?

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Do you have any ideas for current classes or incoming changes?
I do regarding some of the casters, it all depends since I'm sure of the way you guys are wanting to take certain classes in the revamp. So I'd have to see for myself. Same with Pirate and Geo, I have no idea what skills are being implemented yet. But if I'm able to review them, I'm sure I can come up with ideas.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I do regarding some of the casters, it all depends since I'm sure of the way you guys are wanting to take certain classes in the revamp. So I'd have to see for myself. Same with Pirate and Geo, I have no idea what skills are being implemented yet. But if I'm able to review them, I'm sure I can come up with ideas.
Let's hear the ideas, I didn't ask you to hear a vague answer lol. Even if it is about the current state of the classes and not for the revamp, I'm interested to hear.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Let's hear the ideas, I didn't as k you to hear a vague answer lol. Even if it is about the current state of the classes and not for the revamp, I'm interested to hear.
If we are talking about nerfs at the moment, I believe 2 classes stand out the most from others.
Samurai (I know they got some nerfs) and Ranger(Which I believe is currently undergoing changes but it reverted to it's original state)
They changes that did happen to Samurai were necessary. The main problem I saw with Samurai was Masamune, which it's CD got increased which is by far the best thing that could of happened. To me though, I always felt like it's Left Click is insane. Plus with the combo of its skills.
Either one of 2 things needs need to happen, either it's Left click damage needs to also be lowered, or I believe the damage on Kotesu and Murasame needs to be lowered or not do magic damage and dark damage. Using both skills in a fight guarantees alone 158 damage since armor does not effect it. Also I feel like the same should happen with Ashura, but the only difference there is it pushes them away and you lose damage (Could be used as peel also...).
Ranger needs to be nerfed. From what I know and have seen in previous maps and this map so far, Ranger is probably one of the hardest classes to nerf. Reason being is Projectile Protection. It actually negates so much damage from the Ranger's Arrows. But if you aren't wearing Projectile Prot. you pretty much get destroyed if they can hit arrows. I'm on board with making it so does more damage the more distance it goes, but I feel like Projectile Prot. should not be something an Enchanter can enchant. The only way to get it then is through special items and it would make the class more dependable if it did receive a nerf.

Brawler the only thing I think should be done for this is lower the scaling of damage it does when it reaches lower health.

I was glad to see some buffs for Pyromancer but it still seems so underwhelming since it's pretty much melee based atm. I'm not sure how often people are able to hit inferno orb but I don't think buffing it in damage was the right way to go it, probably working on the actual projectile of it to make it dependable. From what I have heard atleast it's very hard and unreliable to hit. I was glad to see GC to be buffed, but it's damage is still terrible. With the change it's doing around 95 now compared to the 60 it was. Since the class is heading towards a more melee base, the stun on it can be increased a little bit more, or change the damage to 55+3 int, which would put it's damage sitting at 115. Still not the burst it use to be but it's something to get it going.

Dragoon, I don't find it op or anything but I feel like SeismicAssualt's damage should be lowered and the slow should be increased to 5 seconds.

Necromancer, Nightmare is absolutely terrible. Cat and I were testing it, it does barely any damage and the effect of Nightmare is barely noticeable either. Either damage needs to be higher, or actually add a negative effect to it. It barely effected me when he used it on me.

Wizard is my main class. The thing I find extremely op about the class right now is enderpearls. There should be a slight negative effect to it. If you are in combat while using it, possibly make it so it does like 50-100 damage to yourself? It's almost always an escape. 95% I get away with it.

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Accepted. Don't let me down. @Admins for tag