• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Backstab broken

I have done some testing and I have discovered that backstab does no extra damage with a diamond sword (while still showing more than one message ;)) it just does the normal 12 damage. Now with an iron sword, no message shows up, and does the normal 10 damage.

Oryinn

Obsidian
The backstab is a lie!
OT: I have figured this for a while, but you get the props for running the test to get a conclusion. :)

Well I have been told by kainzo that backstab only has a chance of doing extra dmg even if the message is told, unless I heard wrong. Though iron sword is think is not working correctly since no message shows even when directly behind a person aiming at their back.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well I have been told by kainzo that backstab only has a chance of doing extra dmg even if the message is told, unless I heard wrong. Though iron sword is think is not working correctly since no message shows even when directly behind a person aiming at their back.
Checking on the ironsword setting now.

HollowSith

Diamond
I don't wish to bump, but I do have a question concerning Backstab and Pvp in general. A large majority of the PVPing I partake in consists of me attempting to backstab enemies. While previous posts suggest Backstab is a chance move, on the Wiki it says "Increased damage when you hit an enemy from the behind by 2 damage". Which is correct? Either way, I noticed players weren't and still don't drop as they should when Ninja's get at them from behind. My chat gets more or less, spammed with sometimes dozens upon dozens of backstab messages per every click on the enemy once in range. If correct the player should have been absolutely annihilated. So, am I correct to assume that there is a certain number of hits per second or minute that a player can take damage from? If so, what is the number or the equation? It would be most useful to fully understand the amount of clicking needed, rather then whoring my left mouse button in a panic to get the kill.

Is there a way you could perhaps change the Backstab message to only appear when the opponent actually has fully taken the full extend of the backstab?

Sorry for the amount of questions posed in a single post. Curious is all. @Kainzo