• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Attributes on Test

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I love the attribute system you guys are implementing on test. It will add a ton of customization, the diminishing return system seems to work well as is to promote hybrid builds, and overall it looks like it will be one of the best features on the server to date. I just have two question / comments regarding it

1) what is the intent for endurance "weight limits"? Are all items going to get a weight value, making it difficult to carry an inventory full of stuff? Or is this intended to effect armor only? In my humble opinion, there should not be weighted inventory items - instead class armor restrictions should all be removed and what armor can be worn be based on endurance. The system would still favor melees because endurance also gives stamina regen, which is practically useless to the majority of caster classes. But it would be an interesting trade off to sacrifice damage / healing / run speed / health for improved armor. Obviously , to wear full diamond armor should require some rediculous endurance score (over 60 or something) and scale it down from there.

2) should diminishing returns be based on total attribute score, or total points spent on an attribute? Currently, getting to around +10 in an attribute is really easy, and then diminishing returns starts kicking in pretty strong. However, it doesnt matter if your class starts with +10 endurance for example, you will spend the same amount of points to get to from +10 to +11 as a class that started at -5 (for example). I would recommend that the diminishing returns instead is based on total points spent in an attribute - a wizard would require the same point cost to add +30 intellect as a warrior, even though the wizard starts with higher int. This is not a critical point but it would also favor classes like warrior having some advantage in getting better armor / melee damage, while casters would have some advantage in mana / spell damage, etc.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
also there is a bug where switching classes gives you extra attributes but i believe this is known

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Also, please implement this as soon as possible lol. The difference between playing a caster on test and live is so horrible. On live its like "cast 10 spells and melee for the next five minutes". On test you can actually build enough mana / mana regen to live off just spells basically (obviously having to sacrifice other stuff to get there).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Thanks for posting!

We're not 100% done with equip weight/endurance and that still needs tweaking .. we'll look into the rest of the class switching.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Also, please implement this as soon as possible lol. The difference between playing a caster on test and live is so horrible. On live its like "cast 10 spells and melee for the next five minutes". On test you can actually build enough mana / mana regen to live off just spells basically (obviously having to sacrifice other stuff to get there).
And yes, this is the entire reason why we're going with attributes - to deepen game play and make it super fun!