• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Attribute point gaining addition

Do you think other ways of gaining attribute points is a good idea?

• Yeah!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Nope!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • I don't like attribute points at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ultanian

Portal
As of now, to earn attribute points you must level up and earn 8 per level. With the adventure map, bosses, etc. I think a great way to earn those points other than leveling could be killing boss mobs. Points awarded would depend difficulty and type of boss, for example, fighting warrior based bosses would result in the strength and constitution going up, while caster bosses would give intellect, and so forth. In the future when quests are reimplemented, I hope quests could award the points as well.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
What if the points given by quests and mobs worked like Ev's in pokemon? Every X number of these points raised a stat by 1. So defeating a Warrior Boss would provide say 12 Ev's in Strength and 16 in Constitution. If we use the pokemon number of 4 Ev's = 1 Stat point: That would equate to 3 strength and 4 cont. Obviously these are just examples for simplicities sake, but the numbers would be tweaked and the name change to not be called Ev's. But this way it doesn't totally overwrite the level attributes. By defeating these bosses you essentially Ev trained your character.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
it sounds ok, only one problem. these attributes will stack over time and you will eventually become overpowered as hell. it needs a maximum and a limiter...

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
i would be ok with this if you only got credit / points for the first time you completed the required task. If it was repeatable, grind city type thing, no thanks.

Ultanian

Portal
More grinding? Hell no, there is already too much grinding in Herocraft, just like the EVs it could be maxed easily, 2 or 3 bosses could max it.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
it sounds ok, only one problem. these attributes will stack over time and you will eventually become overpowered as hell. it needs a maximum and a limiter...
Take one from pokemon: Only 255 Ev's go into a single stat, and only 510 can be earned total. Obviously these numbers would be changed. The point of this, from the way I see it, is to allow players who are dedicated to get slightly (Slightly) stronger than less dedicated ones. There would have to be TONS of testing if this was ever to be implemented, as we dont want the bonuses to be too huge, but if they were there then they should do something.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
If the cap was reasonable (say an extra 100 attribute points max or so), this could be a fun "achievement" type system. I would prefer if the points were account bound; then if you wanted to level a new class, you could start with up to 100 attribute points, making you a little less gimpy than currently.

I guess my main question is - what would provide these points? Would we need to wait until adventure map / custom mobs? Any currently in game activities you think would be worth giving these achievement type attribute bonuses?

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Id rather see attribute bonuses in the form of rare armors, which could have a slightly higher drop chance from boss mobs. This would help in lvling new classes.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Id rather see attribute bonuses in the form of rare armors, which could have a slightly higher drop chance from boss mobs. This would help in lvling new classes.

Things may have changed, but i believe armor / weapons with attributes will be coming at some point / will be both drops and crafting based.