• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Attribute Names and Ideas

Ultanian

Portal
Not sure if some of these are already planned names for the attributes, just some names for some.

Regeneration: HP slowly regenerates
Toughness: HP is permanently increased
Intelligence: MP regenerates faster
Mana Pool: Max MP is raised
Sprint: Walking speed is increased
Increased Stamina: Stamina costs are reduced
Endurance: Weight limit is increased
Combat Reflexes: Cooldowns are reduced
Accuracy: Ranged skills do more damage
Strength: Combat skills do more damage
Wisdom: Level up faster
Charisma (just an idea): Trades are 5% cheaper to buy, 5% more paid by selling
Skill Bonus: Bonus skill points are awarded

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Not sure if some of these are already planned names for the attributes, just some names for some.

Regeneration: HP slowly regenerates
Toughness: HP is permanently increased
Intelligence: MP regenerates faster
Mana Pool: Max MP is raised
Sprint: Walking speed is increased
Increased Stamina: Stamina costs are reduced
Endurance: Weight limit is increased
Combat Reflexes: Cooldowns are reduced
Accuracy: Ranged skills do more damage
Strength: Combat skills do more damage
Wisdom: Level up faster
Charisma (just an idea): Trades are 5% cheaper to buy, 5% more paid by selling
Skill Bonus: Bonus skill points are awarded
You can use /attributes - while in game or go to test server and see them in action.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Attributes are:

Constitution- Affects max HP, type of armor worn, and provides slight magic resist(Planned but not on test yet)
Strength- Affects melee dmg and all physical dmg skills (ex: Bash/kick)
Endurance- Affects stam regen and will affect "carry weight." This allows you to use more pieces of better armor
Intellect- Affects spell dmg and max mana
Wisdom- Affects heal potency and mana regen
Agility- Affects movement speed, arrow dmg, and certain skills (ex: Jump/Backflip)
Charisma- Affects bard skills and certain disables.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
It's Effect, not affect. Sorry it's just really annoying me for some reason.
Actually, I'm correct. Affect is used as a verb. For example: Strength affects melee dmg. Since affect is a verb you can replace it with a verb. For example: Strength increases melee dmg. Effect is used as a noun. Bone Spear's effect is very cool looking. as with affect, effect can be replaced with a noun. For example Bone Spear's look is very cool looking.

Also, you used "its" not "it's" (I corrected it in the quote.) "Its" is a possessive noun, while "it's" is a contraction for " it is." If you want to be fancy, you can use "tis" which is also a contraction for "it is."

MagikCardz

Gold
Question: Will this make all the players weaker until they put points in or they remain the way it is now but get stronger based on their attribute points. Also whats the test server because I would like to test this.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Question: Will this make all the players weaker until they put points in or they remain the way it is now but get stronger based on their attribute points. Also whats the test server because I would like to test this.
Test ip is: test.hc.to
From what I've seen, skills don't "scale" as you level anymore. So skills dmg are as they are at base. You can use attributes to increase these skills but depending on how you assign attributes, they may be weaker/stronger than they are now at max lvl.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Actually, I'm correct. Affect is used as a verb. For example: Strength affects melee dmg. Since affect is a verb you can replace it with a verb. For example: Strength increases melee dmg. Effect is used as a noun. Bone Spear's effect is very cool looking. as with affect, effect can be replaced with a noun. For example Bone Spear's look is very cool looking.

Also, you used "its" not "it's" (I corrected it in the quote.) "Its" is a possessive noun, while "it's" is a contraction for " it is." If you want to be fancy, you can use "tis" which is also a contraction for "it is."
You're correct, my brain still doesnt school. Also, i hardly even use ' in my posts, so i type youre, its, wouldnt, etc.
But yes, you are correct

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
i have tested the attributes out quite a bit. Basically, if you increase an attribute to ~40ish you will see dmg / healing very similar to on live for most classes, and you could raise an attribute a bit beyond 40 as well. However, you will only be able to realistically get one stat that high due to diminishing return on point investment, so you will need to pick and choose. Or you could raise many stats more evenly and create a more hybrid character.

All of this is obviously subject to change by how mods see fit to adjust the system

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Skills will not scale.
If you want to be more powerful, you must allot points.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm putting each and every one of my points in Intellect as a Disciple. I'm going to have the worst mana and stamina regen, and something like 600HP, but I am going to forcepush you across the map... and there is NOTHING you can do about it!

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I'm putting each and every one of my points in Intellect as a Disciple. I'm going to have the worst mana and stamina regen, and something like 600HP, but I am going to forcepush you across the map... and there is NOTHING you can do about it!
ill just go paladin with nothing but constitution and FF4 boots

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
And then a ninja 2 shots you from stealth and it was all for nothing.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
ill just go paladin with nothing but constitution and FF4 boots
I'm hoping once custom items come in that stupid enchants like Feather Falling will be no more, or modified. If anything feather falling should REDUCE fall damage, not negate it completely. Ditto with fire protection.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm hoping once custom items come in that stupid enchants like Feather Falling will be no more, or modified. If anything feather falling should REDUCE fall damage, not negate it completely. Ditto with fire protection.

I would love if vanilla enchants were completely replaced with armor / weapons with new attributes on it. Dunno if thats possible or not, but would be very nice and hopefully not be as problematic as certain vanilla enchants (looking at protection armor and feather falling in particular). Tools should probably keep the vanilla stats, although hopefully hoes / shovels could get new attributes too as an alternative . . . hmmm.