• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Arrowstorm: Utility in Question

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Hey, everyone. Given the much called for change to arrowstorm, ranger play style has shifted slightly to be much less risk taking. This shift, while maybe good, but usually bad, is more often than not situational.

This in mind, my proposition:
Return the # of arrows as well as arrow velocity to what it was before the arrowstorm nerf. Then, nerf the damage of arrowstorm arrows. Currently, each arrow hits for around the 85 range. This could be changed to something like 55 to have the effect of knockback/getting back the ranger's terrain advantage, while at the same time not ripping through a player's hp.

This would not make the skill overpowered, but would return the utility that arrowstorm once had before there was this "Your arrowstorm has ended prematurely" or "Casting 3 at a rate of 2.0 per second!" nonsense. Both of these unfortunate messages are very detrimental to the typical ranger at large.

He has a point. I mean it wouldn't be OP if it wouldn't do that much damage. Yet again I don't really think arrowstorm is a ranger skill.

1. It's in close range, and rangers shouldn't specialize in that.
2. As previously suggested, maybe a skill that could replace arrowstorm such as something that increases the distance between the players. Maybe something like backflip?

Left you sure you wouldn't like more damage, but the same firing speed? I personally think that's better and doesn't make rangers like a close range fighter. :p

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
What do you mean, less risk taking. Do you want rangers to be super parkor master wizard dragoons? Rangers are perfect now, Balanced.

Rangers shouldn't be able to 1v1 melees in close range. It what world can an archer fight a knight up close.

Lol playing real life.

Yeah, if you think about it, arrowstorm is kind of a useless skill now after the nerf. More like UP than OP now. I really think a new skill to replace it that requires a ranger's skill to use would be better.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
What do you mean, less risk taking. Do you want rangers to be super parkor master wizard dragoons? Rangers are perfect now, Balanced.

Rangers shouldn't be able to 1v1 melees in close range. It what world can an archer fight a knight up close.

Besides finding it how perverse it is for a goon to be arguing against a ranger (and having no experience in being one, at that matter), there is currently nothing productive a ranger can do at close range. Arrowstorm is/was the go to ability for this, and its current lack of arrows, often premature ending, and low velocity make this a difficult skill to work with, combined that it is mostly dependent on luck.

I feel as though you're overstepping your boundaries here. I don't know much about goons besides how they operate, as I haven't played one personally, so I'm not going to make any comments here about it. A ranger needs some skill that would get them out of a melee situation. It's stupid to say that "Oh, herp derp, a ranger that gets into a melee situation is bad and that's his own fault." This is something that truly HAPPENS all the time, and is unavoidable. What with dragoon spear, disciple forcepull, it's easier and easier to get rangers close range to you. Don't tell me that isn't the case.

The solution to close range right now is to kick and shoot more arrows while taking damage. It's a flawed one, at that.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Besides finding it how perverse it is for a goon to be arguing against a ranger (and having no experience in being one, at that matter), there is currently nothing productive a ranger can do at close range. Arrowstorm is/was the go to ability for this, and its current lack of arrows, often premature ending, and low velocity make this a difficult skill to work with, combined that it is mostly dependent on luck.

I feel as though you're overstepping your boundaries here. I don't know much about goons besides how they operate, as I haven't played one personally, so I'm not going to make any comments here about it. A ranger needs some skill that would get them out of a melee situation. It's stupid to say that "Oh, herp derp, a ranger that gets into a melee situation is bad and that's his own fault." This is something that truly HAPPENS all the time, and is unavoidable. What with dragoon spear, disciple forcepull, it's easier and easier to get rangers close range to you. Don't tell me that isn't the case.

The solution to close range right now is to kick and shoot more arrows while taking damage. It's a flawed one, at that.

True, I have never played ranger, but I have been playing Heros since the day it was implemented (Over a year I believe) . I have fought countless rangers, seen one of my first friends become [M.Ranger] (If you even know what that is), And have seen them go from Ridculosly OP to ridculosly UP. I have to say right now that they are balanced.

The whole point of ranger is that you should have hurt them enough with your shots, that by the time they get to you, you can kill them with your axe. THATS WHY THEY GAVE YOU AN AXE. Your axe does as much damage as a DK, and if your a good shot, you should have already gotten them down to at least half health, and now you should kill them easy.

I realise that you are extremely hard headed, and are just going to rate this post Disagree, but you have to realise your class is fine.

What does it have to do with me being a dragoon anyways. I may counter your class, doesn't mean I don't have basic logical skills.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
True, I have never played ranger, but I have been playing Heros since the day it was implemented (Over a year I believe) . I have fought countless rangers, seen one of my first friends become [M.Ranger] (If you even know what that is), And have seen them go from Ridculosly OP to ridculosly UP. I have to say right now that they are balanced.

The whole point of ranger is that you should have hurt them enough with your shots, that by the time they get to you, you can kill them with your axe. THATS WHY THEY GAVE YOU AN AXE. Your axe does as much damage as a DK, and if your a good shot, you should have already gotten them down to at least half health, and now you should kill them easy.
So you're suggesting that I get a DK to half health before he gets to me, then switch to a melee fight with him when gets to me with a diamond axe? Disarm? Empathy? Other skills? It's simply very, VERY last result to even think of using an axe. The damage arrows do even at close range often outweigh the use of an axe anyways.

By the way, I've been around since Zeal. I know what a [M. Ranger] is. -_-

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
So you're suggesting that I get a DK to half health before he gets to me, then switch to a melee fight with him when gets to me with a diamond axe? Disarm? Empathy? Other skills? It's simply very, VERY last result to even think of using an axe. The damage arrows do even at close range often outweigh the use of an axe anyways.

By the way, I've been around since Zeal. I know what a [M. Ranger] is. -_-

Your not supposed to win a 1v1 against a dk.

Every heard of the game "Rock paper scissors"? You beat casters and healers, warriors beat you, casters kill warriors.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Arrowstorm was reworked because it was too powerful in combination with Arrow imbues, which resulted in Arrowstorm usually being just an I-Win button. Unfortunately due to how the mechanics work it had to be toned down a lot. Now, it may have been hit too hard, but we wont be reverting what we did to it.

If I'm correct, the Diamond axe of the Ranger is stronger than a Dreadknight's. A Dreadknight's axe does 49 damage and a Ranger's does 50. Fun fact.

bedbreath

Glowstone
I didnt notice much of a difference as I don't arrowstorm to deal damage much I only use it if I need more distance. The only thing i wish is that it were consistent rather than random amounts and rates. Either way your not ment to take down warriors but when it comes to casters its not even a challenge.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
I didnt notice much of a difference as I don't arrowstorm to deal damage much I only use it if I need more distance. The only thing i wish is that it were consistent rather than random amounts and rates. Either way your not ment to take down warriors but when it comes to casters its not even a challenge.

Words of wisdom