• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug arrow storm

draconis99

Holy
Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Arrowstorm is able to one hit kill people. I don't think any ability should be able to one hit kill people.

parkerjdude

Legacy Supporter 6
Draconis, dont rage, plenty of rangers being OP threads have been open, the balance team knows about it, stop complaining.

draconis99

Holy
Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
wasnt aware i was complaining. im simply stating a skill that is able to do something i dont think was intended in the creation of the skill.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
It's not a one hit kill, it's just that today you twice were unable to maneuver around my arrowstorm. I think both times you were finished off with a regular hit, not a arrowstorm. You're also a mid level thief, so you don't have much hp/armor when you get hit.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Granted though, if people can't succeed against rangers because of this, it may need a slight damage nerf. I think it does 80-86 hp (around there) per hit with bow strength. Multiply that by 12 when you get the most arrows in your arrowstorm, and that's 960 hp, a pretty frightening amount. While in the mathematical world this is the case, an arrowstorm doing 960 rarely if EVER happens in Herocraft.

draconis99

Holy
Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Being able to shoot arrows nonstop at full bow strength and not even requiring a bow to use the skill is pushing it. Despite the fact that I am mid-level and low armor - a fully leveled player with no armor is still able to take that much damage. I would suggest giving rangers a new ability

Piercing shot - penetrates armor and slows the target like impale.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
Being able to shoot arrows nonstop at full bow strength and not even requiring a bow to use the skill is pushing it. Despite the fact that I am mid-level and low armor - a fully leveled player with no armor is still able to take that much damage. I would suggest giving rangers a new ability

Piercing shot - penetrates armor and slows the target like impale.
Rangers are honestly fine where they are ^_^.

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
I can just picture a real life version of Arrowstorm, really reminds me of something out of Monty Python. Ah, Monty Python.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Well...
Arrowstorm is now useless thanks to everyone who have complained because they have been killed by @leftover and not being able to run to the side or another way...

It now takes like 240-560dmg If you hit ALL the arrows whit Bowstrength.
it also drain like 10 stam and has a 20sec CD and make you loose 1/2 heart.

If you think the old system it is 24-50 dmg as your ONLY ability for close combat.

Look at bash that is a lvl 5 warrior skill pretty balanced it does 89 dmg.
then a ranger (high dmg class) lvl 55 skill does 250-560 dmg...

It shoots 3-7 arrows

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Well...
Arrowstorm is now useless thanks to everyone who have complained because they have been killed by @leftover and not being able to run to the side or another way...

It now takes like 240-560dmg If you hit ALL the arrows whit Bowstrength.
it also drain like 10 stam and has a 20sec CD and make you loose 1/2 heart.

If you think the old system it is 24-50 dmg as your ONLY ability for close combat.

Look at bash that is a lvl 5 warrior skill pretty balanced it does 89 dmg.
then a ranger (high dmg class) lvl 55 skill does 250-560 dmg...

It shoots 3-7 arrows
In my experience thus far, I've even gotten 2 arrows from a single arrowstorm due to it ending prematurely. Utility of the skill for getting terrain advantage back is now gone.

GG TC