• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Armor Dropping

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
A while ago it was announced that your items would drop again. Most people only wanted their armor to drop and not their good weapons so some code changes had to be made.

I'd rather have everything drop at this point if new code changes are required.

@Kainzo

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
A while ago it was announced that your items would drop again. Most people only wanted their armor to drop and not their good weapons so some code changes had to be made.

@Kainzo
Everything dropping would be amazing :) big step in the right direction.

Also for the love of god remove death chests.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

@Kainzo
Moved to suggestions - considering this

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
Everything dropping would be amazing :) big step in the right direction.

Also for the love of god remove death chests.

I agree with armour dropping, but would still like the currently selected item to stay.

Only my opinion ^^

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree that this should be implemented now to get the ball rolling.

In the end though, my best case is not the "item held" but the item in "slot 1." There are too many classes that REQUIRE a weapon to be usable and too many class that DO NOT require a weapon to be highly effective. By making it slot 1, the player gets to decide what the 1 item is that they get to retain to get them home. Where as with item held, it's often times not the item you need in the end.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree that this should be implemented now to get the ball rolling.

In the end though, my best case is not the "item held" but the item in "slot 1." There are too many classes that REQUIRE a weapon to be usable and too many class that DO NOT require a weapon to be highly effective. By making it slot 1, the player gets to decide what the 1 item is that they get to retain to get them home. Where as with item held, it's often times not the item you need in the end.
That's just less risk.. You should learn not to drink health pots at 1 heart.

IMO everything dropping would be best, but armor dropping and held item kept still gives you a chance to get decent stuff for pvping.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
That's just less risk.. You should learn not to drink health pots at 1 heart.

IMO everything dropping would be best, but armor dropping and held item kept still gives you a chance to get decent stuff for pvping.

My position is: If a half the classes can be functional out of the graveyard with no gear, then they all should. - Balance.

If a Wizard, Necro, Pyro, Guiler, Cleric, Disciple, BloodMage, Shaman, and Bard are still functional just after death but All other classes are pretty much useless that is not balanced. A simple solution would be to allow one specific item to be kept(slot 1) making sure that a Berserker, Ninja, or Dragoon is at least functional if they choose to be all the time.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
My position is: If a half the classes can be functional out of the graveyard with no gear, then they all should. - Balance.

If a Wizard, Necro, Pyro, Guiler, Cleric, Disciple, BloodMage, Shaman, and Bard are still functional just after death but All other classes are pretty much useless that is not balanced. A simple solution would be to allow one specific item to be kept(slot 1) making sure that a Berserker, Ninja, or Dragoon is at least functional if they choose to be all the time.
Is everyone handicapped? If so fine, but people should be able to hold their weapon before death.

Simply scroll over or click 1 through 10 to get the item you want before dying, I've never made a mistake doing this and anyone who does deserves to lose their weapon.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
If everything drops, I think a lot more items need to be soulbound.
Close to every piece of gear someone carries on them is abundant at this time in the map. Other than special weapons, but plenty of people have a good chunk of Medals of Vengeance. I also think that special weapons provide an unfair advantage in some cases so I see no problem with losing them

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Close to every piece of gear someone carries on them is abundant at this time in the map. Other than special weapons, but plenty of people have a good chunk of Medals of Vengeance. I also think that special weapons provide an unfair advantage in some cases so I see no problem with losing them
It also balances these unfair weapons, because you can use them and have a better chance of winning but you risk losing it. Also adds a good chance of getting one from killing someone :) making pvp worthwhile.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Is everyone handicapped? If so fine, but people should be able to hold their weapon before death.

Simply scroll over or click 1 through 10 to get the item you want before dying, I've never made a mistake doing this and anyone who does deserves to lose their weapon.

I would be fine with this is all casters were required to hold a hoe to cast 60% of their spells

Ultanian

Portal
I just don't agree. I've never played an RPG where dying makes you lose everything you have, and I don't think that logic should be applied to Herocraft.

Also, losing everything will just encourage more GY camping. Most classes require reagents and weapons for their skills, when you spawn with nothing there's no way you can defend yourself.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I just don't agree. I've never played an RPG where dying makes you lose everything you have, and I don't think that logic should be applied to Herocraft.

Also, losing everything will just encourage more GY camping. Most classes require reagents and weapons for their skills, when you spawn with nothing there's no way you can defend yourself.
...It wouldn't encourage gy camping it would discourage gy running (the only issue we have) nobody has to "defend" them self when they die and respawn at the PVP OFF zone, they buy redstone and recall *OR* what happens most of the time they run back over and over till they win.

I don't see how this DOESN'T help the server, we have pve! if you don't like it play on pve.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
...It wouldn't encourage gy camping it would discourage gy running (the only issue we have) nobody has to "defend" them self when they die and respawn at the PVP OFF zone, they buy redstone and recall *OR* what happens most of the time they run back over and over till they win.

I don't see how this DOESN'T help the server, we have pve! if you don't like it play on pve.
But some people LIKE to pvp, but they don't believe in the "hardcore"esc mechanics and scenarios that occur.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
But some people LIKE to pvp, but they don't believe in the "hardcore"esc mechanics and scenarios that occur.
then tough shit?

Guys! some pve people like pvp! so we need to make pvp super bambi mode so when pve people want to pvp sometimes its safe and they have no risk.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
then tough shit?

Guys! some pve people like pvp! so we need to make pvp super bambi mode so when pve people want to pvp sometimes its safe and they have no risk.
I dont mean it should be no risk. But we also don't need people trying to shove people OFF OF PVP when that's part of what is complained about.

PvP should be rewarding and punishing. Right now it is neither
I agree. I'm a fan of the "Keep item in slot 1" idea. It allows people to keep something to maintain themselves, and still lose some of their gear. Were you carrying 2 weapons on you? Looks like you lost one, hope it wasn't super rare.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I dont mean it should be no risk. But we also don't need people trying to shove people OFF OF PVP when that's part of what is complained about.

I agree. I'm a fan of the "Keep item in slot 1" idea. It allows people to keep something to maintain themselves, and still lose some of their gear. Were you carrying 2 weapons on you? Looks like you lost one, hope it wasn't super rare.
It should be held item IF anything, then you have to be half-aware and hold an item before dying.