• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Anyone can breed animals, not just Farmers.

ColbyHep55

Legacy Supporter 4
At level one Farmers gain the passive skill breed, which allows them to breed animals. I've noticed that any class can breed animals at the moment though. The same goes for being able to hang picture frames and writing in books, which should be limited to one class, according to the Wiki.

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
This is not a bug. All players can breed animals. The farmer's breed skill simply adds a chance of increasing drops while breeding.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
This is not a bug. All players can breed animals. The farmer's breed skill simply adds a chance of increasing drops while breeding.

No - in HC only farmers are supposed to be able to breed animals. And there are no drops while breeding.

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
I'm just going by what is said in the wiki and what happens in game. The wiki states: "Breed - 1 - passive - you have a [0-6] percent chance, depending on your level, of double drops while breeding animals". This would imply (since it's worded just like the mining, woodcutting, fishing, and herbalism skills) that ALL players can breed animals, but farmers would have a chance of "double drops" when breeding. What double drops means, not sure. Could mean 2 babies from 1 breeding, or double exp from breeding, I don't know. But if it was meant to be that only farmers could breed animals, then the skill would simply say "Breed - 1 - passive - you can breed animals".

If we're going by the wiki's description of the skill, WHO can use breeding is working as it should, the problem is that farmers apparently aren't getting the bonus to breeding that the skill is supposed to give.

Last edited: