• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Another Enchanting Bug

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
max enchant level is 111
but you can't do an enchant higher than your current lvl, so max level would be 55
this will prevent any enchant from being a V as they start at level 69

also

when you place a weapon or piece of armor, sometimes you have to click the enchant some 20 times before one is selected, so you can't pick the level that you want

however for tools it lets you click it once as intended and it works just fine

malmenca

Diamond
I think this is due to some enchants not being available? It seems like weapon enchants that might be given on vanilla MC arent given on HC so the result is nothing once the desired enchant is chosen

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
There is no max 'enchanting' in the code.
You can confuse it to have 1000 levels if you wanted. There has to be a cap somewhere, we chose that cap to be 55.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Because armors have so many enchants and we block a lot of them, you'll have to cycle through a lot of the armor enchants before you get an applicable one that works. Unfortunately there's no way around it right now without me recoding how the enchants are selected.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
I suppose it isn't really your problem, but moreso the way the enchanting works in vanilla

this information actually helps greatly, showing me that its not that enchanting is bugged, but when that happens if I don't like the other numbers listed I should remove the item and put it back down instead of clicking 40 times resulting in something I don't want

I'm sure when they built enchanting they thought it'd be "really fun" to make it impossible to know what you were getting, which leads me to believe that they really only care about single player and not SMP, which is funny because I got bored of single player 3 days in, but have hundreds and hundreds of hours in SMP. Ug, not your problem but .... ug none the less