• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Alternative to Ranger skill: Barrage

Hiiggiins

Glowstone
Barrage isn't very useful in fights and it is just an extreme waste of arrows. Now that Rangers don't have arrowstorm, they don't have a whole lot of medium-close quarter combat skills, especially if the server is lagging. I was thinking that instead of Barrage shooting arrows all around the player, it only shoots out arrows where the player's cursor is in a cone-like pattern, similar to Ashe's Volley skill in LoL, but it doesn't slow the target unless Ice Arrow is used. Or possible a whole new skill that gets implemented. leftovers5 agreed with me when I brought up this suggestion. Also, if this skill is considered 'OP', maybe a warmup that is able to be canceled if silenced? Let me know what you guys think :D

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
People might argue that it would be another firewave, but if you set the velocity of the areas to a lower one (like that of barrages') it wouldn't be as bad as you think.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
barrage is meant for when you're surrounded by mobs/players. also, in lore the ranger is one who stays away from any melee combat whatsoever, usually providing arial support (with arrows)

cschris54321

Soulsand
So you want the arrows to not be all around you, but concentrated in front of you? NO. Sorry, bad idea.

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
Rangers need an active skill that can actually be used in combat effectively. Barrage is completely useless and kick only silences for two seconds now. I still don't understand why rangers don't get the nerfed version of arrowstorm. Also ranger damage got taken down from like 180 max like it says on the wiki down to like 135 or something.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
It's pathetic how boring ranger is in combat. No matter how you play ranger, the only thing you can do is shoot arrows (be them elemental or otherwise) - I've been advocating for ACTIVE ranger skills since Dragon. Our only active skill was even taken away. I don't like all of the "passives," there's not enough diversity.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
So you want the arrows to not be all around you, but concentrated in front of you? NO. Sorry, bad idea.
Please tell us how this is not good.

This would be a skill for the rangers because you would be able to provide dmg to group of people but not be able to focus the dmg on one player.

A

Aburido_burrito

It's pathetic how boring ranger is in combat. No matter how you play ranger, the only thing you can do is shoot arrows (be them elemental or otherwise) - I've been advocating for ACTIVE ranger skills since Dragon. Our only active skill was even taken away. I don't like all of the "passives," there's not enough diversity.
No matter what you can shoot arrows any other way, unless you want to melee with your axe.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
In your first post you said you were tired of doing what the entire point of the class is.
People might argue that it would be another firewave, but if you set the velocity of the areas to a lower one (like that of barrages') it wouldn't be as bad as you think.
What are you talking about? Care to add some actual input for once to this serious thread?

The point of ranger is, yes, to shoot arrows - but that's so monotonous and there's no skill in "skill" usage (like every other class mind you), there is only skill in aiming the bow.

A

Aburido_burrito

Do I need to spell it out..?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Then don't complain that you shoot arrows when that's the point.
It's not complaining, if I was complaining I would have taken it to the offtopic section or something - obviously ranger is built around shooting arrows, but Herocraft, built towards becoming/being an MMO, is going in a direction that innovation and skill enhancement.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Double Strafe, The ranger quickly fires two arrows from his bow, the first arrow doing 100% damage and the 2nd doing 50%. 20 sec CD.

F

Falker57

Strafing reminded me of a skill that does this
It moves the ranger to one side. Like its a controlled confuse that just moves you t0 one side. I think its like some adc in league of legends. (Vayne? *I think*)

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Barrage isn't very useful in fights and it is just an extreme waste of arrows. Now that Rangers don't have arrowstorm, they don't have a whole lot of medium-close quarter combat skills, especially if the server is lagging. I was thinking that instead of Barrage shooting arrows all around the player, it only shoots out arrows where the player's cursor is in a cone-like pattern, similar to Ashe's Volley skill in LoL, but it doesn't slow the target unless Ice Arrow is used. Or possible a whole new skill that gets implemented. leftovers5 agreed with me when I brought up this suggestion. Also, if this skill is considered 'OP', maybe a warmup that is able to be canceled if silenced? Let me know what you guys think :D
lol what if it was a miss fortune ulti