• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Allow membership to both a Town and Outpost

spiralz

Obsidian
Alator had once said that Outpost/Militarybase was mainly best for a guild/clan region. I have since made an outpost as a clan base and a clan to go with it. The problem I have now is that some clan members I recruit are part of a town and don't want to leave. So, my clan base is not available for them to use which is not beneficial to them or me. Its a bit annoying that I can't share my clan base with my clan without having to do everything for them (for example: break dirt to open chests/doors, break floor/ceiling blocks to reach other floors of the base because they can't use lifts, etc.) So I propose to have town members also able to join outposts/militarybases so that any involvement with a clan is not hindered simply by a lack of perms.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Alator had once said that Outpost/Militarybase was mainly best for a guild/clan region. I have since made an outpost as a clan base and a clan to go with it. The problem I have now is that some clan members I recruit are part of a town and don't want to leave. So, my clan base is not available for them to use which is not beneficial to them or me. Its a bit annoying that I can't share my clan base with my clan without having to do everything for them (for example: break dirt to open chests/doors, break floor/ceiling blocks to reach other floors of the base because they can't use lifts, etc.) So I propose to have town members also able to join outposts/militarybases so that any involvement with a clan is not hindered simply by a lack of perms.

In Townships 3.0, Initially you could be a member of more than one town. As this is no longer the case (we've reverted back to the one-town rule), I guess this is what broke being able to be in both Town and Outpost. Also Alator mentioned that he had repurposed Outposts and MilitaryBases to be, in effect, Townships Lite.

Whatever the cause/reasoning behind it, @spiralz I agree with you that for the war/sieging aspect of Townships 3.0 to work well for players, they need to be able to be a member of both their town and its outpost.

Eligof

Legacy Supporter 4
Agree lets allow towns to set up a military base on south It could be forced to have the same town name + "outpost" and the players of the town automatically or by owner perms can be member of the outpost,

This is going to give PvE playes a nice taste of PvP because if the town set up an outpost it may need to be defended. Also it could be a prerequisite to become metropolis or even city.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Oh wow, I didn't even realise this affected the ability to be within a SR town and an SR outpost/ mil base. With this in it's current state, sieging is next to impossible and soley relies on town members leaving or mercenaries being funded by towns.

spiralz

Obsidian
Furthermore, if I wanted to hire an engineer to place some lifts, gates, etc. in my outpost, they have to temporarily leave their town to join my outpost to have perms to place the engineer stuff. Mainly what I want in my situation is to be able to give anyone perms to my outpost regardless of their town memberships.