• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Allow everyone usage of pistons, and repeaters.

Y

ytiggidmas

I think Engineer still offers enough to make It a worthwhile profession without having pistons and repeaters exclusive to them. I hate how such awesome builds, and creations are limited due to you having to be a certain profession. This could bring a whole new plethora of amazing contraptions, and even the simple 2x1 piston door by being accessible to everyone. I'm a redstone kind of guy, and this just puts a tear in my eye everytime I see a piston, and know I can't have that without giving up something.

kainzo pls

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
This was even worse back on Zeal when you have to pick only one class. So if you were an engineer you weren't anything else lol

I am inclined to agree though. Pistons would become more common if they weren't so damn restricted. Towns all over the map would benefit and be better looking using piston contraptions.

I'd like to see engis get some more unique abilities though. Still feels a little on the incomplete side.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
If you're a 'redstone guy' then you should probably be an engineer since they have almost all redstone mechanics. Some currently disabled.

I am always amazed at how many people moan that only engineers can do this or that, yet we don't see many of them. There is such a demand, but everyone refuses to spec as such to meet the demand.
Honestly, one redstone experienced person who is an engineer per town is more than enough. And people who sell their services usually don't charge too much.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This was even worse back on Zeal when you have to pick only one class. So if you were an engineer you weren't anything else lol

I am inclined to agree though. Pistons would become more common if they weren't so damn restricted. Towns all over the map would benefit and be better looking using piston contraptions.

I'd like to see engis get some more unique abilities though. Still feels a little on the incomplete side.
If you think engineer is lacking, it may be because you don't understand the power of Integrated Circuits.

Currently no desire to remove pistons or repeaters from Engineer at this time.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I think Engineer still offers enough to make It a worthwhile profession without having pistons and repeaters exclusive to them. I hate how such awesome builds, and creations are limited due to you having to be a certain profession. This could bring a whole new plethora of amazing contraptions, and even the simple 2x1 piston door by being accessible to everyone. I'm a redstone kind of guy, and this just puts a tear in my eye everytime I see a piston, and know I can't have that without giving up something.

kainzo pls
If you allow pistons and repeaters to every other class you have just enabled every other class to build almost every IC an engineer has in redstone form. After this the only use an engineer has is to compact circuits and make player detects.

Y

ytiggidmas

If you allow pistons and repeaters to every other class you have just enabled every other class to build almost every IC an engineer has in redstone form. After this the only use an engineer has is to compact circuits and make player detects.
Yea I might've over exaggerated engineers being a good profession without pistons being exclusive, my want has just grown to much. I guess I will just have to switch to it.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
I am always amazed at how many people moan that only engineers can do this or that, yet we don't see many of them. There is such a demand, but everyone refuses to spec as such to meet the demand.

This is true. When it comes down to it, Engineer is cool and all, but the other professions far outweigh it. Would you rather have a door that automatically opened, or fully enchanted armor and weapons? Would you rather make redstone contraptions or become a Miner and get rich on gold?

The way I see it, is towns must be big enough to have at least one person per profession. If the town is big enough, there will be someone in it who wants to be an engineer.

JacobBurkey

Portal
. Would you rather have a door that automatically opened, or fully enchanted armor and weapons? Would you rather make redstone contraptions or become a Miner and get rich on gold?
Hey hey now, I appreciate my redstone contraptions! :(

inb4; u die to my redstone traps bby <3

JacobBurkey

Portal
You are the 1% that would rather make traps than make money (Miner) or enchant gear (Enchanter) or what not.
even though it was just a joke... I don't really need enchanted gear since townies can already do it for free for me, and I don't really need to go miner either and sit there clicking smeltgold all day. I already make enough money from the lottery once and a while to use.