• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Allow Enchants of other items

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Currently Enchanters can enchant swords and bows with pvp beneficial enchants like sharpness, punch, etc. They should also be able to enchant things like discs, blaze rods, doors, axes, etc with the same enchants.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I bugs me as an enchanter and Dragoon that spades can't have sharp, spears of Kain are hard to cone by.

Gets old being raped by sharp swords constantly.

askmax

Legacy Supporter 4
I bugs me as an enchanter and Dragoon that spades can't have sharp, spears of Kain are hard to cone by.

Gets old being raped by sharp swords constantly.
How are you getting raped by sharp swords? Each sharpness only adds 1 damage each it can matter but not that much if you are dieing its because you are bad not because the guy has sharpness 4.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
The fact be that classes using swords have an automatic edge as a result of having easily obtainable sharp weapons.

Hurrrr durrrr

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I honestly think this would require a lot of coding ( as in vinnilla minecraft it is not possible to enchant those items ) so it may take a while XD
I cant imagine too much as It's possible to do with books in creative. So vanilla can already handle enchanting non normal items.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Don't forget, classes that do not have weapon enchants are balanced with that limitation in mind. If you change enchantment restrictions, other aspects of the classes will likely change to offset this buff.

In particular, I think the increased melee damage from enchants is unwarranted for classes like dragoon (could unbalance the class) or bard (lore and intended play style reasonings both apply).

For axe users, only Ranger and Pyro are outside the tanky warrior tree. This means that perhaps with the exception of Beserker there is no damage focused class that uses axes as their primary weapon, and that granting enchants to Axes could further require both melee AND kiting changes to balance.

Another huge problem area would be FA or knockback hoes, since Caster classes are expected to kite in order to win fights and these enchants add potential kiting.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
4 dmg over 30 swings is 120dmg think before you speak thanks
But if you use any of the thread suggested melee-based combat class stats to test this you won't be doing 30 swings worth of damage, the player will die before that.
And that's pretending that the aggressor doesn't even use any hero skills.
If we actually think this number is worth it, we should test it, but I would expect a Sharp4 enchant to add somewhere around 50-80 damage per fight max, depending on the classes involved and their builds.
Don't be rude AND wrong, it's not a good look lol

Edit: obviously if implemented, a meleeing caster (or other non-melee) could have the potential for a sharp enchant that adds much more than 120 total dmg over the course of a long fight against a tank. Yet another consideration to remember is that this percent dps increase varies among stats and playstyles, and will have a stronger % buff effect on low melee classes and a less strong buff effect on certain medium melee damage attribute builds or on high melee classes.

Last edited:

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
But if you use any of the thread suggested melee-based combat class stats to test this you won't be doing 30 swings worth of damage, the player will die before that.
And that's pretending that the aggressor doesn't even use any hero skills.
If we actually think this number is worth it, we should test it, but I would expect a Sharp4 enchant to add somewhere around 50-80 damage per fight max, depending on the classes involved and their builds.
Don't be rude AND wrong, it's not a good look lol

Edit: obviously if implemented, a meleeing caster (or other non-melee) could have the potential for a sharp enchant that adds much more than 120 total dmg over the course of a long fight against a tank. Yet another consideration to remember is that this percent dps increase varies among stats and playstyles, and will have a stronger % buff effect on low melee classes and a less strong buff effect on certain medium melee damage attribute builds or on high melee classes.
I easily hit well armored targets 30 times. But, besides that, even 80 extra dmg is a huge advantage. I have a sharp5 FA1 blaze rod. Tell me this is fair for other disciples who can't get a hold of this rare enchant. I do 5 extra dmg per swing with fire ticks on top of that. If played exactly the same, I would win every time. I am not suggesting this to make pvping easier for me. It is to even the playing field for everyone. Add in the fact that you don't lose your weapon upon death (for the most part), some classes are at a disadvantage.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Does this mean I will actually do more than 12 damage per hit to @xMJay ?!?!

He never said he would remove the existing enchanted items. He just said he was going to remove the vanilla enchanting in place of his custom items plugin. If enchanters stay in game they will be transitioned to custom item creation and vanilla enchants would be removed.

We will see what happens.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I easily hit well armored targets 30 times. But, besides that, even 80 extra dmg is a huge advantage. I have a sharp5 FA1 blaze rod. Tell me this is fair for other disciples who can't get a hold of this rare enchant. I do 5 extra dmg per swing with fire ticks on top of that. If played exactly the same, I would win every time. I am not suggesting this to make pvping easier for me. It is to even the playing field for everyone. Add in the fact that you don't lose your weapon upon death (for the most part), some classes are at a disadvantage.

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your play style, once custom items are introduced the legendary ones will make the best weapons in game look like wooden swords.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Tell me this is fair for other disciples who can't get a hold of this rare enchant. I do 5 extra dmg per swing with fire ticks on top of that.
Regardless of the threads original topic, because the current (and any conveivable future) implementation offers each player the exact same odds to either find or be the first to buy a custom item, the system is perfectly FAIR. As far as can be tested, we each have a relatively equal chance to own these custom items.

Consider the feel of god weapons if the enchants they had were commonplace. Not only would everyone be running around with all the FA and knockback they need, but also ultimate tier pvp gear would still be desired and needed, creating pressure to invent a brand new standard for top tier pvp/enchants.

TL: Dr - Since Kainzo is holding off of actual class balance until the custom item/enchant/adventure plugin foundation is in place, it would be incredibly optimistic to believe that a server wide change to enchants would occur before that revamp.

Last edited:

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Well the enchanting system was introduced by minecraft obviously. Not by Herocraft, it would be pretty hard to allow them to do that. And tsk rare items wouldn't be so rare after all then.