• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Alchemist - divide transmute into separate skills

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Firstly:

Transmute works on the item you're holding in your hand.

I'm suggesting dividing Transmute into separate skills that work on items in your inventory, much the same as SmeltIron and SmeltGold are separate skills for Miner.

So you would have TransmuteLapis, TransmuteCoal, TransmuteIronore and TransmuteIroningot.

This would enable Alchemists to transmute items concurrently and will make them better able to contribute to the community.

Secondly:

The cool down is 2 minutes. Reading back through old threads, apparently it was set this long to deal with players exploiting the cool down, and the glitch that allowed this was fixed.

How about reducing the cool down, perhaps by halving it to 1 minute?

northeaster345 BrisingrEpic AzenYumCha leftovers5 w0nd3rb0y joshtsai ninjabizkit
Delfofthebla whale109

Vynderunel

Obsidian
I have recently went alchemist and agree with everything you say Witchy! :) Glad to see you took my advice and posted this. (I don't have the nerve to do another improving profession thread so soon... And I don't know a ton about alch currently either (only level 5) )

BuyingName

Stone
I'm a lv 53 alchemist right now and I couldn't agree more. I feel like a wasted profession in my town with how long the cooldown for transmuting is, which is only bolstered by the fact that it's a shared skill for transmuting, making the cooldown feel even longer.

Vynderunel

Obsidian
The cool down is 2 minutes. Reading back through old threads, apparently it was set this long to deal with players exploiting the cool down, and the glitch that allowed this was fixed.

How about reducing the cool down, perhaps by halving it to 1 minute?

Well heck, why bring it down to 45-55 secs? Sure, it's a big time cut off but the miner's skills have a seven sec cd so I don't believe that 45-55 secs is unreasonable. What do y'all think?

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I have always thought that our cooldowns and Miners cooldowns should be equal, the skills are equal, with miner's skills even giving a percent chance on giving more.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
While alot of the Alchemists are out from their meth labs has anyone tried to make circle stone brick recently?

A

alexhoff1

Secondly:

meh
the glitch was fixed a long time ago, though increasing the CD really didn't stop it much because it was something else.
I think transmute CD 2minutes - 45seconds now. Afterall, the time it would take to transmute is just.. time consuming.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Bleh this is possible, will just mean more work for me...
Tsk tsk!

I agree with Witch, for the most part. I enjoy that I can have one hotkey for all transmutes, but on the other hand, I hate having to move items to the hotbar whenever transmuting a large amount of items. In general though, it takes waaaay too long to transmute in bulk. Perhaps allow Alchemists to transmute iron blocks?

Any kind of buff would be appreciated though.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I agree, the cooldown on transmute take way to long, i would rather bring it down to the same as mines skills and increase the mana. (Not a alch, but plan on specing alt so i can transmute all the stuff i got from being a miner...)

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8

*Feels left out*
I like to debate and discuss these things too! :(

SO I WILL! :cool:

I am trying to place the idea of the CD on Transmute. Why is it there, what does it accomplish?
I suppose you don't want people to just buy a double chest of coal and transmute instantly to give the alchemist something to work for. But even at 60 seconds (54 minutes) or 45 seconds (40 minutes) it's still pretty ridiculous.
If you consider the value of 1 diamond(4.5 coin) over the value of a stack of coal (3 coin) there is really not a profit being made.
In an hour of mining you will most likely accumulate a half stack of diamonds and gold as well as 5 stacks of coal and redstone. In the same amount of time an Alchemist will accumulate 80, 60 or 30 diamonds (45s,60s,120s cooldown) from the materials that have already been mined.

My suggestion is this is still drastically to long as I can't see it adding anything to the game and only causing frustration making someone wait to get minimal return. Reduce Transmute to 15 Seconds to stop spamming of the skill but to keep the process reasonable.

Yours,
Eldry

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
*Feels left out*
I like to debate and discuss these things too! :(

Eldry, I didn't tag you because you'd already left a rating before I'd started tagging anyone :D! Most excellent.

Don't cry, or did Witchy drop an anvil on your head?

Seriously, Bris :rolleyes:, you might want to think twice about giving me ideas :p.

I am trying to place the idea of the CD on Transmute. Why is it there, what does it accomplish?

*snip*

My suggestion is this is still drastically too long as I can't see it adding anything to the game and only causing frustration making someone wait to get minimal return. Reduce Transmute to 15 Seconds to stop spamming of the skill but to keep the process reasonable.
Bleh this is possible, will just mean more work for me...

Changing the cool down wouldn't take much... and there seems to be widespread support for the idea that the current cool down of 2 minutes is prohibitively and unhelpfully long.

In fact if the cool down got considerably reduced, say to Eldry's suggestion of 15 sec, then there really isn't so much need for the separate skills... except that it would be handy to have the skills work on items in your inventory rather than your hand... but that could come later :).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Again, im not interested in having the transmute cooldowns be much lower than 2 minutes - if there were multiple skills, each would be about that cooldown.

This is an economic thing. Unlimited and much faster transmute times will adversely effect the economy.

One does not turn coal into diamonds overnight.