• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Alchemist Brewing pots

I had an idea if you reach lvl 15/20 as alchemist you can brew custom pots
for example use an golden apple for mana potions (throwable or drinkable) or a lily pad to increase the amount of health for a period of time. this might be more usefull than brewing potions that won't have any effect (strength pots) or potions you can't use (weakness/invisable)

EmilyRoseV

Legacy Supporter 6
Mama potions we already have emeralds though but I guess custom potions would give more of a MMORPG feeling

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
Mama potions we already have emeralds though but I guess custom potions would give more of a MMORPG feeling
Emeralds may give mana, but they are not very convenient, in lore or use. Right now alchemists main use is healing pots.... That's about it. Sure they can make other potions, and transmute ores, but giving them custom options with unique used would really make the class stand out more, if you know what I mean.

Just clarifying what you said :)

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I had an idea if you reach lvl 15/20 as alchemist you can brew custom pots
for example use an golden apple for mana potions (throwable or drinkable) or a lily pad to increase the amount of health for a period of time. this might be more usefull than brewing potions that won't have any effect (strength pots) or potions you can't use (weakness/invisable)
I've been asking for something like this since I started playing, but I doubt it'll ever happen, sadly.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I've been asking for something like this since I started playing, but I doubt it'll ever happen, sadly.
I can look into this in my spare time between other projects, though it'd be up Kain and the Balance Team if we wanted these at all. I don't know if we can handle potions out of the Brewing Stand, but I could in theory make custom Crafting Recipes and have commanditems use them, similar to Mana and Diamonds.

Emeralds may give mana, but they are not very convenient, in lore or use. Right now alchemists main use is healing pots.... That's about it. Sure they can make other potions, and transmute ores, but giving them custom options with unique used would really make the class stand out more, if you know what I mean.

Just clarifying what you said :)
I dunno, they're pretty convenient in use if you use them right, free Mana/Stam is handy.

I can look into this in my spare time between other projects, though it'd be up Kain and the Balance Team if we wanted these at all. I don't know if we can handle potions out of the Brewing Stand, but I could in theory make custom Crafting Recipes and have commanditems use them, similar to Mana and Diamonds.

I dunno, they're pretty convenient in use if you use them right, free Mana/Stam is handy.
Yeah, I think that if custom pots were added they would have to be very limited. You can't add combat perks or increased mana/health regen or really anything cool.

I think it would be a bit of a waste of time since it wouldn't add a bunch to the game.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, I think that if custom pots were added they would have to be very limited. You can't add combat perks or increased mana/health regen or really anything cool.

I think it would be a bit of a waste of time since it wouldn't add a bunch to the game.
The only feasible use for them would be replacement for Diamond/Emeralds. Anything more and it'd be very very tricky to keep from being op.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Pots aren't stackable though, right? Would just be inconvenient for the players/coders.
Pretty much just a pain to players. Wouldn't be hard to make a custom potion made in a crafting table and have it give mana, we'd just copy the current script for Diamonds and Emeralds. But it would have to be worth it, and TBH i don't think it is.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Pretty much just a pain to players. Wouldn't be hard to make a custom potion made in a crafting table and have it give mana, we'd just copy the current script for Diamonds and Emeralds. But it would have to be worth it, and TBH i don't think it is.
My personal stake in the matter is that alchemist have very little use other than health potions. Their other valuable assets are minor compared to that, leaving their role in the global economy very marginal at best. I figure that if some sort of mana potion of stamina potion was added, it would add to their kit of usefulness. Maybe as a cauldron recipe

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
My personal stake in the matter is that alchemist have very little use other than health potions. Their other valuable assets are minor compared to that, leaving their role in the global economy very marginal at best. I figure that if some sort of mana potion of stamina potion was added, it would add to their kit of usefulness. Maybe as a cauldron recipe
The issue is they don't stack, and become cumbersome.
It'd be super easy to make, so at some point we can play with the idea it's wanted.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
The issue is they don't stack, and become cumbersome.
It'd be super easy to make, so at some point we can play with the idea it's wanted.
Wouldn't them not stacking be a sort of useful balancing feature in itself? It prevents players from carrying tons of mana or stamina potions, thereby limiting the access to the resource. I guess it could get cumbersome when you're carrying three or more of each, but that's the decision that players make. I don't see people using diamonds or emeralds in combat anyway, at least not very frequently. given the change's simplicity, why can't we just test it for a week-to a month, to see how it would all function?

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Wouldn't them not stacking be a sort of useful balancing feature in itself? It prevents players from carrying tons of mana or stamina potions, thereby limiting the access to the resource. I guess it could get cumbersome when you're carrying three or more of each, but that's the decision that players make. I don't see people using diamonds or emeralds in combat anyway, at least not very frequently. given the change's simplicity, why can't we just test it for a week-to a month, to see how it would all function?
I use it in every fight I'm in so this change would make inventory management a nightmare for me. But I'm not fully opposed to the idea.
If they don't stack then they need to be giving more than what they do right now.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
We'll see. There's a bit more to it than I initially thought.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5

Yeah, but they aren't as fun lol. Potions would just make more sense. The server needs a more rpg feel, and Xarxu has been trying to push this for a while. I'm going to talk with some of my friends and try to brainstorm some ideas that may make the server more fun in this aspect. May sound dumb, but I think it would improve game play. Something that saddens me about Herocraft is that there and no real quests. That's one of the top questions I see asked by newbies. "Are there quests?" I wish I could say yes sometimes...