• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion AFK

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Increase the timer for AFK.
Edit: old AFK timer is 3 minutes, or 180 seconds.
Edit: Changed to 15 minutes.

I keep entering afk mode after quickly getting up to get a glass of water, and it pisses me off how quickly I am completely safe.

This is a powerful afk tool, especially if your enemies do not have permissions to your afk spot. The timeout for entering this mode could definitely be increased on a Hardcore server's pvp world, but I would suggest that it increases on Shrine the same amount.

Disclaimer: If it was up to me, Afk'ing for 15 minutes would kill you. I do not like promoting afk, even though the (non-official) rule "Don't Afk in Herocraft" hasn't been prioritized in balancing since the reserve list became meaningless.

Edit: OMG it happened again, I was gone for a very short time and I come back and I am AFK. I am sitting in the Hobbit Hole at spawn so whatever it doesnt matter but still, this happens too fast.

Last edited:

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
When you go get a glass of water, is your glass capable of holding over a gallon or two of liquid?

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
When you go get a glass of water, is your glass capable of holding over a gallon or two of liquid?
Ok, touche. I understand why you were distracted by the fact that my metaphor wasn't perfect.
You, like so many others on the internet, must have perfect information before you can overcome this distraction.

I will edit my original post after I have timed the AFK function in the standard international units, Seconds.

If we try to get into the whole discussion of Volume of my Water Glass we have to consider Distance to Kitchen and Dsaw Walking Speed and Sink Flow Rate and of course we can't forget the Distracting Flat Mate Asking If Dsaw Drank His Beer Last Night (spoiler alert: yes), and that all gets too messy for the math that we are doing here.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Edit: Current AFK timer is 3 minutes, or 180 seconds.

I keep entering afk mode after quickly getting up to get a glass of water, and it pisses me off how quickly I am completely safe.

This is a powerful afk tool, especially if your enemies do not have permissions to your afk spot. The timeout for entering this mode could definitely be increased on a Hardcore server's pvp world, but I would suggest that it increases on Shrine the same amount.

Disclaimer: If it was up to me, Afk'ing for 15 minutes would kill you. I do not like promoting afk, even though the (non-official) rule "Don't Afk in Herocraft" hasn't been prioritized in balancing since the reserve list became meaningless.

Edit: OMG it happened again, I was gone for a very short time and I come back and I am AFK. I am sitting in the Hobbit Hole at spawn so whatever it doesnt matter but still, this happens too fast.
I don't get it, what's so bad about being marked as afk? It just tells people who try to PM you that you are afk.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Edit: Current AFK timer is 3 minutes, or 180 seconds.

What actually happens when the AFK mojang put in is applied? we'll increase it no matter what though.

Edit: increased to 15 mins and 120 mins to kick.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Omg thank god. I thought you put it in.

When Afk is on, you are invulnerable. You can be in a party and get GTP'd, invulnerable, giggling in TS while ur party fights around you.
Creepers, lava, fire, pvp, nothing hurts you until you chat or move.

Thank goodness I really thought Kainzo had purposefully made the server all wussy.

Playerbase: Your counterplay to AFK from Mojang is to break the block they are standing on (Hope you have permission to the area they are in...).

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
LOL we gtped someone in to fight once and he was wiz so the focused him and they all just got completely shit on due to it XD..... another idea is 5 min = afk and 10 min = kick?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
LOL we gtped someone in to fight once and he was wiz so the focused him and they all just got completely shit on due to it XD..... another idea is 5 min = afk and 10 min = kick?
Why should people get kicked for staying online while doing other stuff?