• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Adventure needs to be priority #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultanian

Portal
With the average player count dwindling lower and lower everyday, we all ask one question: Why?

Players are leaving faster than new ones can take their place. This is due to the separation of the PvP and PvE servers, creating two entirely different communities.

It's sad to see this on a heavily custom coded server like HC, however that's part of the problem. A newbie is going to expect to play Vanilla, and most of the time don't/can't understand the complexity of Heroes and the upcoming Townships 3.0 which is even harder to understand.

Of all Minecraft servers in general, there are hundreds, maybe even thousands of SMP out there. Then we have those pesky minigames servers renowned for their high amounts of players over large expansive networks. Off the top of my mind, I can only think of one well done adventure server.

The biggest reason of them all, the reason for not having a large player base, is the fact there's just too much competition. When RPG is released (hopefully this year) I can guarantee you with correct advertising that players will flood in the server faster than you can handle.

To cap this up, survival = too much competition.
Adventure = none.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
With the average player count dwindling lower and lower everyday, we all ask one question: Why?

Players are leaving faster than new ones can take their place. This is due to the separation of the PvP and PvE servers, creating two entirely different communities.

It's sad to see this on a heavily custom coded server like HC, however that's part of the problem. A newbie is going to expect to play Vanilla, and most of the time don't/can't understand the complexity of Heroes and the upcoming Townships 3.0 which is even harder to understand.

Of all Minecraft servers in general, there are hundreds, maybe even thousands of SMP out there. Then we have those pesky minigames servers renowned for their high amounts of players over large expansive networks. Off the top of my mind, I can only think of one well done adventure server.

The biggest reason of them all, the reason for not having a large player base, is the fact there's just too much competition. When RPG is released (hopefully this year) I can guarantee you with correct advertising that players will flood in the server faster than you can handle.

Adventure = none.
this will just be another pve vs pvp thread, @Kainzo @Admins @Moderators should lock now.

And to the title, it shouldn't and isn't (i think) #1 priority. Particles to replace fireworks & sammy should be #1.

But like i said no reason to have another thread to argue about stuff. Lock plox.

Ultanian

Portal
this will just be another pve vs pvp thread, @Kainzo [USERGROUP=9]@Admins[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=12]@Moderators[/USERGROUP] should lock now.

And to the title, it shouldn't and isn't (i think) #1 priority. Particles to replace fireworks & sammy should be #1.

But like i said no reason to have another thread to argue about stuff. Lock plox.
It's not a thread to argue about PvE or PvP. It's a thread suggesting that Adventure gets a little more love- and PvE won't be necessary once we have it.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter

Adventure = none.
This is a very good point. Mainly Aside from Hero's, there isn't that much that makes Herocraft from any other server. RPG SHOULD be a priority...

BUT in reality and in practice, there are things that have to be done before Adventure, such as Townships 3.0 ( Which actually is a BIG thing, which people have consiterably underestamated... ) or Custom items or Bosses. @Kainzo has been very worried about the fate of Bukkit ( That thing that runs our server ) and so have many other Server Owners; Yah, its not just Herocraft that has been having issues with development. BUT! RPG should be getting close to the Primary goal soon, just bear with the @Adventure Team For a bit longer :D

this will just be another pve vs pvp thread, @Kainzo [USERGROUP=9]@Admins[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=12]@Moderators[/USERGROUP] should lock now.

On the contrary. @UltNachopony made it very clear ( With the Title for crying out loud ) that this is about the fate and development of RPG.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Fuck RPG Its been in the making for a year, Sammy Should be Number 1 Considering It was supposed to come out at the start of season 3

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
This is a very good point. Mainly Aside from Hero's, there isn't that much that makes Herocraft from any other server. RPG SHOULD be a priority...

BUT in reality and in practice, there are things that have to be done before Adventure, such as Townships 3.0 ( Which actually is a BIG thing, which people have consiterably underestamated... ) or Custom items or Bosses. @Kainzo has been very worried about the fate of Bukkit ( That thing that runs our server ) and so have many other Server Owners; Yah, its not just Herocraft that has been having issues with development. BUT! RPG should be getting close to the Primary goal soon, just bear with the [USERGROUP=48]@Adventure Team[/USERGROUP] For a bit longer :D

On the contrary. @UltNachopony made it very clear ( With the Title for crying out loud ) that this is about the fate and development of RPG.
RPG is at the bottom of the list for me, after Fixing everything that there is now. If stuff was fixed before new things were added this problem the server is facing could have been mostly avoided. Do NOT add more stuff until you can deal with what is already there. RPG would be cool and all, that's why I applied for the team but almost everything else is and should take priority over it.

@devotedworker incase you still don't know after people mentioning countless times Sammy is Samurai

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
RPG is at the bottom of the list for me, after Fixing everything that there is now. If stuff was fixed before new things were added this problem the server is facing could have been mostly avoided. Do NOT add more stuff until you can deal with what is already there. RPG would be cool and all, that's why I applied for the team but almost everything else is and should take priority over it.

@devotedworker incase you still don't know after people mentioning countless times Sammy is Samurai
I haven't heard it called "Sammy" even once. Sowwie! :D
The Samurai class, some PvPers are bummed out and whining because they haven't gotten it back yet.
Ah, must be cool for them to be so bummed out about it

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We aren't putting adventure on hold, persay. There are other things that have cropped up and have taken the spotlight. Namely Townships and other things.

There's a meeting tonight at 8PM CST to go over this with the team members who can make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.