• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Adventure Balancing (Monsters/Bosses)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Balance Team | @Alator - tagging you here, for stuffs.
Well ... so basically we're going to have actual mob levels.

I'm looking for someone (or all of you) with experience to set up balancing for mobs health / damage / speed / (maybe drops).
I want something objective so we can put a formula to the mob level instead of all-willy-nilly.

The names of course will be different.

Wolf (quick | ice resist)
Level 1 = 200 hp, 25 dmg, 0.11 speed
Level 3 = 300 hp, 33 dmg, 0.13 speed
Level 70 = X / X / X speed

Spider (quick | poison | fire resist)

Zombie (poison resist | fire resist | tough)

Skeleton (poison resist | fire resist | range | brittle)

Enderman (poison resist | range | high-melee | lifesteals)

Something similar to that, anyone up to help?

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
@Balance Team | @Alator - tagging you here, for stuffs.
Well ... so basically we're going to have actual mob levels.

I'm looking for someone (or all of you) with experience to set up balancing for mobs health / damage / speed / (maybe drops).
I want something objective so we can put a formula to the mob level instead of all-willy-nilly.

The names of course will be different.

Wolf (quick | ice resist)

Spider (quick | poison | fire resist)

Zombie (poison resist | fire resist | tough)

Skeleton (poison resist | fire resist | range | brittle)

Something similar to that, anyone up to help?
Just a question here, would scaling from spawn still occur or would a set level for a certain mob grant same the same exp no matter where it's killed?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
So you want a full list of mobs each with a formula to get stats and hp per level?

Lets say that an average player has 800 hp. What scaling ratio should a lvl 70 zombie have to that?

I remember seeing you say in chat that you wanted mobs level 35 and above to require Tank Heals and DPS.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
So you want a full list of mobs each with a formula to get stats and hp per level?

Lets say that an average player has 800 hp. What scaling ratio should a lvl 70 zombie have to that?

I remember seeing you say in chat that you wanted mobs level 35 and above to require Tank Heals and DPS.
You should need a small party for high level mobs but for tanks, big heals, and more people that'd be something like a boss which would have to be separate from the normal mobs but still have a level kinda like rpg games that have "specials".

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
You should need a small party for high level mobs but for tanks, big heals, and more people that'd be something like a boss which would have to be separate from the normal mobs but still have a level kinda like rpg games that have "specials".
also they should spawn in a certain place, such as a temple, volcano, glacier, etc to do with the lore and the RPG aspect. also, have them spawn an hour after death, immune to the butcher.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
also they should spawn in a certain place, such as a temple, volcano, glacier, etc to do with the lore and the RPG aspect. also, have them spawn an hour after death, immune to the butcher.
Not possible to make it immune (at the moment)

Well - this is where we're discussing things. I think a level 40+ mob could have around 10k hp and hit for 200-300, that would deter players from fighting it alone (hopefully) - they will also summon players after going below 80% hp.

Obviously these numbers are just throw out. I dont think a tank / healer / dps being "required" for non-boss is a smart decision - but making sure the difficulty is there and the classes are available, players will decide that on their own.