• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Advanced Crafting & Custom Items...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Wanted to give you guy's a head's up and maybe get some idea's from you.

We will be releasing a full blown crafting system that involves finding crafting reagents off mobs/mining and using them to make better custom items.

This is what I have so far..

Soul Catalyst (smithing reagent)
Moonstone Ingot (smithing reagent)
Peridot (Enchanter)
Soulweave Cloth
Enchanted Rawhide

If you have any more ideas or things we can do with this, feel free to post. It's not set in stone but it's coming up fast.

Looking for raw reagents for crafting materials in recipes for Armor/Weapons/etc.

Last edited:

RagingDragon5

Portal
What type of custom items are you mainly looking for? Can we get a little bit more detail so we can make good suggestions?

Ultanian

Portal
Do you mean there will be tiers for these items? Higher the tier, the better it's effects? Here's what I could come up with... They are ordered in value, with the more efficient/valuable towards the bottom.

Tree-Related Drops
  • Decayed Root
  • Oak Root/Spruce Root/etc.
  • Sweet Root
  • Potent Root
Bloods & Toxins
  • Zombie Blood
  • Spider Blood
  • Pigman Blood
  • Ghast Blood
  • Arachnid Venom
  • Thorn Toxin
  • Withering Poison
Bones
  • Animal Claw
  • Hollowed Bone
  • Chipped Bone
  • Ghast Skull
  • (Dragon Bones :3)
Mined/Smelted Drops(These all are valuable)
  • Bloodgem
  • Crystalline Shard
  • Metallic Dust
  • Orb Fragment
  • Kainzon Ore (lol)
  • Ancient Relic
  • Ruined Scripture
  • Cursed Gold
  • Flammable Stone
  • Aquatic Rock
  • Energy Monolith
  • Keystone

Did my best, hope it helps! :D

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Do you mean there will be tiers for these items? Higher the tier, the better it's effects? Here's what I could come up with... They are ordered in value, with the more efficient/valuable towards the bottom.

Tree-Related Drops
  • Decayed Root
  • Oak Root/Spruce Root/etc.
  • Sweet Root
  • Potent Root
Bloods & Toxins
  • Zombie Blood
  • Spider Blood
  • Pigman Blood
  • Ghast Blood
  • Arachnid Venom
  • Thorn Toxin
  • Withering Poison
Bones
  • Animal Claw
  • Hollowed Bone
  • Chipped Bone
  • Ghast Skull
  • (Dragon Bones :3)
Mined/Smelted Drops(These all are valuable)
  • Bloodgem
  • Crystalline Shard
  • Metallic Dust
  • Orb Fragment
  • Kainzon Ore (lol)
  • Ancient Relic
  • Ruined Scripture
  • Cursed Gold
  • Flammable Stone
  • Aquatic Rock
  • Energy Monolith
  • Keystone

Did my best, hope it helps! :D
I like a lot of these, may have to steal some ;)

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I'd say Soul in a Bottle, but that already was shown without the silly name.
Still, stuff in bottles. With all those blood items above, maybe Blood in a Bottle?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Current plan is to have tiers of items, where higher tiers have better/more effective augmentations, Tier 1-4 will be craftable, while tier 5 and 6 will be rare/boss drops only.

So excluding T5 and T6, the crafting levels should be a combination of found and crafted 'special materials'. For example, a T4 material would need an enchanter to create a Wardweave, an Alchemist to create Volatile Solvent, a Smith to create a Dreamshard Crescent, and a Runesmith to create a Soulmark, all of which would require lower tier and regular materials themselves. Would create a good market for items. Higher tier items would also require more special items. For example, a T1 sword would need a T1 material and three regular materials, T2 is half and half, T3 has three special materials, and T4 needs four special materials.

Ultanian

Portal
Current plan is to have tiers of items, where higher tiers have better/more effective augmentations, Tier 1-4 will be craftable, while tier 5 and 6 will be rare/boss drops only.

So excluding T5 and T6, the crafting levels should be a combination of found and crafted 'special materials'. For example, a T4 material would need an enchanter to create a Wardweave, an Alchemist to create Volatile Solvent, a Smith to create a Dreamshard Crescent, and a Runesmith to create a Soulmark, all of which would require lower tier and regular materials themselves. Would create a good market for items. Higher tier items would also require more special items. For example, a T1 sword would need a T1 material and three regular materials, T2 is half and half, T3 has three special materials, and T4 needs four special materials.
Sounds complicated... I love it.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I think this system seems pretty cool, but my one main concern is if these high teir items will get increased durability over baseline. If not, it seems like everyone would want to be a smith basically given how often you would need to repair. I plan on being a smith either way >>.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9

I'd like to suggest you use different terminology from "tier" as this will get confusing and people will think you have to be a donor to craft the various tiers of items - unless you do and I've misunderstood already, lol.

How about "grade" or something like that?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Any Farmer love?

Maybe we could herbalists and get special roots? I'd be cool if farmer was also an Apothecary rather than, "He who grows potatoes" Maybe have it that there is a percentage for when harvesting a crop that it drops a special crafting material. Then farmers could also make special salves and medicine.

Or it could be a separate class, who knows?

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Any Farmer love?

Maybe we could herbalists and get special roots? I'd be cool if farmer was also an Apothecary rather than, "He who grows potatoes" Maybe have it that there is a percentage for when harvesting a crop that it drops a special crafting material. Then farmers could also make special salves and medicine.

Or it could be a separate class, who knows?
"He who farms 100 cows in a 3x3 area" -before the breeding change ;)

I think it would be neat if we could use cauldrons. They wouldn't be called caldrons. Is there a way to add recipes to the cauldron? If there was that could be the crafting table for professions. You could limit different recipes to different professions.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
"He who farms 100 cows in a 3x3 area" -before the breeding change ;)
That's the problem with farmers. The only efficient/reliable form of income was leather. This is going to be even worse with attributes, since many people will go for better armor.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
What a great idea.

Can I please suggest that not all tiers of items be available at the start? Every few months a new tier should be added. Will help prevent some people becoming too OP too fast, and spreads out the content to keep things fresh.

Also please make it so high tier items will require the work of many classes.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
That's the problem with farmers. The only efficient/reliable form of income was leather. This is going to be even worse with attributes, since many people will go for better armor.
Until the custom items are released at which point that will change again lol.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Organic Drops
  • Cactus Flower/bloom (Rare rose drop from Cactus)
  • Vine Blossum (Rare yellow flower drop from vines)
  • Lilly Nector (Rare drop from lily pads, pink dye)
  • Deadly Mushroom, Blackcap, Doomshroom, Musclelock
Mob Drops
  • Ancient, Acidic Ooze(Green/Purple Dye)
  • Enchanted, Ancient, Putrid, Flesh
  • Silk, IronSilk, Silverstrand, Ironthread (Spiders/String/Tripwire/)
  • Flawed, Fine, Flawless Quartz Skulls
  • Enchanted Tome, Runic Tome, Decrepid Tome
Mining Drops
  • Flawed, Fine, Flawless Quartz
    • This could be used with Emerald, Lapis(Saphire), Redstone(Ruby),Diamond, Coal(Onyx) Purple Dye(Amathyst)

Something like this? Or more custom names instead of item ideas?

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Sword;

name: Katana of the Last Samurai.
Description: "The mighty blade used by the samurai what777, it is blessed with swek and awesomness"
Stats: +10sharpness + 3 fireaspect +10durability NO KNOCKBACK at all (-5 if possible)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
What a great idea.

Can I please suggest that not all tiers of items be available at the start? Every few months a new tier should be added. Will help prevent some people becoming too OP too fast, and spreads out the content to keep things fresh.

Also please make it so high tier items will require the work of many classes.
His idea was what I told him we were doing :p .. the idea is really Gabizou's and others.

We will try and ease into the system - right now its a concept and the "End items" don't do anything special other than lore/name.