• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Additional Rogue Mechanic Skills

Ultanian

Portal
All rogues have sneak (of course, makes sense lore wise) but while this sneak is very effective the most we can do is just have a preemptive strike on an enemy. I think some additional skills that can only be used while sneaking would be great, here's a few:
  • Search: Ninja once was able to pickpocket I hear, and this skill could be a nerfed version or even to re-introduce the skill. Essentially the rogue can view the inventory of another player, but only while sneak is toggled on. However, you can look but not take.
  • Detain: This skill can only be used when sneaking and behind target. Will not work if either user or target are combat tagged. Basically the rogue takes the target hostage, which apples slowness, a long lasting stun, and a blindness effect. The usefulness of this skill is so through sneakiness, you can silence/disable enemies and take them out one by one. The stun breaks if attacked.
  • Silence: I don't know if this skill is worth the effort to code, but using silence on an enemy mutes them temporarily. After 30 seconds the effect goes away.

Last edited:

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
All rogues have sneak (of course, makes sense lore wise) but while this sneak is very effective the most we can do is just have a preemptive strike on an enemy. I think some additional skills that can only be used while sneaking would be great, here's a few:
  • Search: Ninja once was able to pickpocket I hear, and this skill could be a nerfed version or even to re-introduce the skill. Essentially the rogue can view the inventory of another player, but only while sneak is toggled on. However, you can look but not take.
  • TakeHostage: This skill can only be used when sneaking and behind target. Will not work if either user or target are combat tagged. Basically the rogue takes the target hostage, which apples slowness, a long lasting stun, and a blindness effect. The usefulness of this skill is so through sneakiness, you can silence/disable enemies and take them out one by one. The stun breaks if attacked.
  • Silence: I don't know if this skill is worth the effort to code, but using silence on an enemy mutes them temporarily. After 30 seconds the effect goes away.
I personaly like the Search Skill and the Takehostage skill ( Dispite probably becoming an really creepy internet e-bonics... 0_0 ) and ( if the class isn't overpowered already ) would be nice to have. I think the search skill will have more issue coding ( Unless they use the /seeinventory command or link it somehow so they can't steal anything ) but I would love to see what some admins have in their inventory. I used to keep a Commandblock and called it a compainion cube :3 ( Because Anvils didn't exist yet XD )

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Take Hostage doesn't sound like a rogue skill. Sure, the mechanic is okay, but find a better name. I only read through halfway and thought it wouldn't work so I wrote a paragraph about how it wouldn't work. TBH TakeHostage sounds like you're going to grab someone and make demands, making yourself known, because that's what you do when you take hostages. That isn't very smart when you're a ranger or ninja.
So basically what it does is gives them blindness and slows them for a while, right? So how about:
Disable
Demobilize?
Or maybe just buff Garrote's stun time, I think it doesn't have a blind, so add one, and then make it so it breaks on stun. Boom. Done.
Thesaurus is your friend.

Last edited:

Ultanian

Portal
Take Hostage doesn't sound like a rogue skill. Sure, the mechanic is okay, but find a better name. I only read through halfway and thought it wouldn't work so I wrote a paragraph about how it wouldn't work. TBH TakeHostage sounds like you're going to grab someone and make demands, making yourself known, because that's what you do when you take hostages. That isn't very smart when you're a ranger or ninja.
So basically what it does is gives them blindness and slows them for a while, right? So how about:
Disable
Demobilize?
Or maybe just buff Garrote's stun time, I think it doesn't have a blind, so add one, and then make it so it breaks on stun. Boom. Done.
Thesaurus is your friend.
Indeed