• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Add mundane iron weapons for each class

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
While some classes are fortunate enough to have an unbreakable weapon (such as the Cleric's Greatstaff) some classes have a diamond tool as their signature weapon which is breakable.

I am not against there being breakable weapons, however once you break your starting weapon you are shit out of luck until you can get the diamonds to trade for another at spawn. This is also fine but there is no alternative and I think this will turn away some newer players who don't know what they are doing.

Take Dragoon for example:

dragoonDMG.png

Once that diamond shovel breaks the best you can do is tickle the mobs to death with your fists.

Can we have a vendor added to spawn that trades iron for class weapons that are not as strong (maybe half as strong), cannot be upgraded, and are also breakable?

Alternatively, can we let every class use iron sword for a flat rate of damage that's lower than the lowest class attack value? New players will be quitting over this if it doesn't change.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
While some classes are fortunate enough to have an unbreakable weapon (such as the Cleric's Greatstaff) some classes have a diamond tool as their signature weapon which is breakable.

I am not against there being breakable weapons, however once you break your starting weapon you are shit out of luck until you can get the diamonds to trade for another at spawn. This is also fine but there is no alternative and I think this will turn away some newer players who don't know what they are doing.

View attachment 11753

Once that diamond shovel breaks the best you can do is tickle the mobs to death with your fists.

Can we have a vendor added to spawn that trades iron for class weapons that are not as strong (maybe half as strong), cannot be upgraded, and are also breakable?

Alternatively, can we let every class use iron sword for a flat rate of damage that's lower than the lowest class attack value? New players will be quitting over this if it doesn't change.
Agreed, I've been meaning to do this. I'll go ahead and add the iron form of each weapon back into the fold, hopefully we can get some vendors out soon.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7

View attachment 11753

These are now added and just need to be added to villager trades at spawn.