• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A simple weapon suggestion.

Zalvose

Dirt
I've noticed that characters such as dreadknights and dragoons actually incur the 2 durability uses per swing with their weapon effectively making diamond tools last only half as long. I know it's very minor but is there any way this could be altered for them to actually get all their swings worth out of a weapon like rogues and samurai/paladin?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I've noticed that characters such as dreadknights and dragoons actually incur the 2 durability uses per swing with their weapon effectively making diamond tools last only half as long. I know it's very minor but is there any way this could be altered for them to actually get all their swings worth out of a weapon like rogues and samurai/paladin?
This doesnt actually happen. You dont take durability hits for just swinging they must do damage - if you notice it go faster its due to the client not reacting properly.

Zalvose

Dirt
I mean when they do hit... all tools used in ways other than vanilla minecraft intended use 2x durability per use. So each axe/spade hit on a player or mob uses 2 durability instead of 1.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
I mean when they do hit... all tools used in ways other than vanilla minecraft intended use 2x durability per use. So each axe/spade hit on a player or mob uses 2 durability instead of 1.
I agree with this. Every hit we land on a mob of any sort is a double hit on durability since this isn't what the 'tool' was meant to do in vanilla. However, this IS what we're meant to do in HC, so if it's possible to turn it off, I'd really rather it's turned off.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I agree with this. Every hit we land on a mob of any sort is a double hit on durability since this isn't what the 'tool' was meant to do in vanilla. However, this IS what we're meant to do in HC, so if it's possible to turn it off, I'd really rather it's turned off.
You know... I don't think this is easily possible but I do see what you're saying now.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Jmoney has a point though, just get it enchanted with unbreaking 3 and it lasts 2x longer than a sword

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
Jmoney has a point though, just get it enchanted with unbreaking 3 and it lasts 2x longer than a sword
But half as long as an Unbreaking3 sword? ;)
I think the original op is simply about making the weapons of classes that don't use typical minecraft weapons (ie swords) not take a penalty because of it. Makes sense to me, if it's doable.

Unbreaking3 enchant makes sense as a "fix," but I think the point is it shouldn't be necessary? Plus, especially at lower levels, getting enchanted gear is nigh impossible, when weapon durability seems like it's more of an issue anyway. Juts my thoughts.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
But half as long as an Unbreaking3 sword? ;)
I think the original op is simply about making the weapons of classes that don't use typical minecraft weapons (ie swords) not take a penalty because of it. Makes sense to me, if it's doable.

Unbreaking3 enchant makes sense as a "fix," but I think the point is it shouldn't be necessary? Plus, especially at lower levels, getting enchanted gear is nigh impossible, when weapon durability seems like it's more of an issue anyway. Juts my thoughts.

You can't get an unbreaking 3 sword right now.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
While it's definitely a fix, it's like saying "Well, your stone sword doesn't do as much damage as your diamond sword? Just slap some damage enchants, you're fine." The point being that if possible, I shouldn't need to get it enchanted.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I completely agree, even more because swords have the same amount of durability as the other tools. Perhaps also make the hoe take durability damage from hitting people? (Is this possible, Kainzo ?)