• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A New Website!

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Now, as the title suggests, maybe not a new website. But possibly edit this website so much it may seem like a new one.

Yes, I am greatly aware that this will not happen for awhile, if at all. The focus, right now, is on expanding the network and searching for partners, we don't have time to greatly revise the website too. And I agree, but I believe it needs to be done.

Now, compared to most, I am relatively new. I am unsure what this website looked like when it first launched. What I do know, however, is that nearly nothing has changed in over a year. This website is nice, but a bit old and outdated. Perhaps offering a updated, clean and new site will attract players more than something old.

I don't want anyone to take me wrong- I love it. Nothing is wrong with it. I just think we could use an updated one. Personally, I can't design a website, it just isn't what I do. I do know, however, we do have a @Designers team for the website, but it his highly inactive and non-progressive. Perhaps the team could be revived and put to work on it?

I don't know- perhaps it's not as old as I lead on. Maybe I've just gotten bored of seeing the same thing every day for awhile now. It's just a suggestion, after all.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Well, it hasn't changed in my 5 years since registering, aside form the one alternate eye searing theme we had at one point.
I'm no web designer (Failed that class once :p) but I don't really know if we need an update of everything, maybe just a new front page (For heroraftonline.com) and for the backround.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Wouldn't mind a fresh new website layout

Rihawk_

Legacy Supporter 4
Canadia! why else would I be so friendly?
Honestly just a retexture on it could be kinda cool, nothing more, the layout could stay the same, but the entire site would have a different feel to it. For example the background gets a change, and then maybe instead of black with blue highlights, a different theme, or custom texture theme or whatever.

However I also dont know how it all works and if that would be a lot of work :p

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Honestly just a retexture on it could be kinda cool, nothing more, the layout could stay the same, but the entire site would have a different feel to it. For example the background gets a change, and then maybe instead of black with blue highlights, a different theme, or custom texture theme or whatever.

However I also dont know how it all works and if that would be a lot of work :p
Yeah different background to give me of a network feel and less RPG like since the server won't be all RPG with factions, creative etc

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We've had 3-5 major site revisions, with a few different front pages - nothing large scale has changed in the last year or two though.

Its something I want to do, however.